Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Newton to join Leitch at Yackandandah are the murmurs on the beat, wheels have fallen off in Wangaratta, expect a few to jump ship.

With Rutherglen and Wahgunyah getting thumped and Corowa in recess, what’s the future hold for the Cats in this league? I remember getting down to the cattery years ago with an old confidante, is Fred still supplying them with pies? Smart business move for the club.

Let’s not just put the boot in the Cluster area, look at the results/margins in the first 2 rounds..
Except the draw on the weekend the closest margin is 32 points when kiewa “narrowly” overcome barny.

Don’t just look at a couple teams here, the TDFL in a big trouble if this is the future.

If im a player talking to both TDFL & Hume FL clubs. I’m going to the Hume league.

Let’s not just put the boot in the Cluster area, look at the results/margins in the first 2 rounds..
Except the draw on the weekend the closest margin is 32 points when kiewa “narrowly” overcome barny.

Don’t just look at a couple teams here, the TDFL in a big trouble if this is the future.

If im a player talking to both TDFL & Hume FL clubs. I’m going to the Hume league.
Wodonga Saints need to pull their finger out, I’d soon protect any club in the cluster over those bafoons.

Things can turn around quickly, look at Wangaratta Rovers in the O&M, Rutherglen and Corowa just need to be smart about it, bring in good characters and good people first and foremost, the rest will follow of you have strong leaders and passionate sponsors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Rutherglen and Wahgunyah getting thumped and Corowa in recess, what’s the future hold for the Cats in this league? I remember getting down to the cattery years ago with an old confidante, is Fred still supplying them with pies? Smart business move for the club.
Wahgunyah thumped by a side predicted to finish Bottom 2 isn’t ideal.
But Hey, it’s all about survival

Saints will surprise a few this year i'm tipping.

They smacked them both times last year and finished second last.

Steele I tell you I like what Mitta have done. I didn’t see the rise happening this quick. Good on them.

Thurgoona are dogsh*t
Beechworth will need to be a hell of alot better then the weekend

Yack seem the real deal.
The gap between top 4/5 and the rest I think is bigger then it’s ever been

Steele I tell you I like what Mitta have done. I didn’t see the rise happening this quick. Good on them.

Thurgoona are dogsh*t

Yack seem the real deal.
Yack will likely top up, Leitch is wearing down a few of his mates, could land a few fringe players from Wangaratta.

Thurgoona are dogsh*t

Yack seem the real deal.
Not saying they'll be world beaters, but will definitely win more than 2 games this year. We will find out where we are at next week against Chiltern.

Not saying they'll be world beaters, but will definitely win more than 2 games this year. We will find out where we are at next week against Chiltern.
Is Matty Robbo still playing ? Was a great player in his day, I remember watching him play in the O&K, lovely bloke too.

To any struggling clubs out there, go and get yourself a business minded operator and get the admin side right first, it’s one thing to throw money around but you need to manage the players and get a system that works.

To any struggling clubs out there, go and get yourself a business minded operator and get the admin side right first, it’s one thing to throw money around but you need to manage the players and get a system that works.
Great idea in theory. The issue is getting someone to put heir hand up. Volunteers are burnt out.

Great idea in theory. The issue is getting someone to put heir hand up. Volunteers are burnt out.
Some clubs spend up and still aren’t even close to where they should be, what are the Wodonga Saints paying for Brodie A,Vard? Named him assistant coach so they could fill his pockets outside the cap, yet they’re miles off the mark. Huge waste of money, you can hardly build a side around the him and he wouldn’t have any recruiting power.

Aren’t Baranduda building some kind of sporting complex? I’ve read this before on the forum, send the Saints out there and re-brand them. Baranduda Saints, change their image, get your own supporter base and town, they’re the very bottom of the pecking order in Wodonga and always will be.

The poor standard of umpires is a serious issue, they need to pay them more to possibly unearth some hidden talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back