Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice no TDFL thread. Anyone interested in starting ?

I'll bite.

Is anyone going to get near Mitta? Haven't they signed Cohen and Cameron from Wodonga and losses are likely to be minimal.

Rumour had it that D. Bradshaw talking to Dederang - any truth?

I'll bite.

Is anyone going to get near Mitta? Haven't they signed Cohen and Cameron from Wodonga and losses are likely to be minimal.

Rumour had it that D. Bradshaw talking to Dederang - any truth?

D Bradshaw been talking with Dederang for over a year, but never seems to get over the line, not sure why, could be $$ issues...;)

Wodonga Saints - any chance? - picked up Winmar & Farmer. Anyone know what happened at Rutherglen with these two?

Think Cohen is still going to Mitta, but Cameron has bugged out and resigned with Wodonga. Dederang chase Bradshaw every year, but I'm told the required coin is massive and he comes with baggage. Not at all happy with him at Cobram this year. The Winmar/Farmer rumour file is massive. I've heard that many stories I can't even begin to write them. Most interesting one I've heard tho is that Farmer has taken off up North and unlikely to come back !! Heard that plenty have left Chiltern. Apparently had a few good Abigroup workers who are moving on. Losing Way on & off field a huge blow.

Any news out of Yack and Kiewa yet? Will yack keep the their players - particularly Purcell.

I understand Kiewa will lose a copuple of their good kids to either Bushies or Wodonga.

Did Kristian Shevlin play in this league over the past couple of seasons? Think he played for Barnawatha or something. How did he go?

Has moved back to bendigo where he will play at the club it all started at.

Believe Yack will keep most of their list from this year, including Purcell & the Hillary's. Your mail on Kiewa may be right, I know Raiders & Wodonga a re chasing a few of their young blokes, and a few who don't like Boney's unique style will also move on. Not guns but handy players nonetheless. Big Shev played with Barny for the last few seasons, kicking 102 goals in 2005 and 67 in an injury-interrupted 2006 (hamstrings) and also a year where he had major differences of opinion with coach. Mail on playing with his home club where his Dad played is correct, not sure which club.

Was told by a Wodonga Saints player that Winmar has done a runner from Wodonga Saints, leaving a substantial tab at the Carriers.

Did Kristian Shevlin play in this league over the past couple of seasons? Think he played for Barnawatha or something. How did he go?

Has moved back to bendigo where he will play at the club it all started at.

Shevy in Bendigo, Will play at Wedderburn

Ohlin signed at Wodonga,

Rumour has it Pearce has returned back to Wodonga from Mitta, Is any truth Fraser has left

Ohlin signed at Wodonga,

Rumour has it Pearce has returned back to Wodonga from Mitta, Is any truth Fraser has left

Ohlin to Wodonga is interesting. He played at the Raiders before going to Dederang - any reason why he wouldn't go back there?

I guess no masive loss to Raiders/Dederang - sleeps with the light on.

That's a bit harsh - Anyone who can be League leading goalkicker including 12 goals in a final would be a loss to any club. You are correct about the light on, which is the reason Way doesn't rate him and didn't want him at Raiders. Cam Taylor leaving Yack, going up north.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frasers departure is confirmed, apparently has moved to melbourne and is playing in the casey cardinia league. will be a huge loss to the club, will be a asset to wherever he goes.

Frasers departure is confirmed, apparently has moved to melbourne and is playing in the casey cardinia league. will be a huge loss to the club, will be a asset to wherever he goes.

is the fraser your alluding to nick fraser formerly of colbo?

can anyone give an overview of ins/outs for 007?who will be the big improvers or will mitta be miles ahead again?

It's been a bit quiet, after the League quality improved a bit last season, it may be a year where it drops back a bit, all I've heard about is losses.
Beechworth - lost coach Brock, Crisp & their mates, haven't heard any pickups.
Dederang losing Fouracre, Ohlin, Stewart, possibly Bradshaw & Price, picked up coach Dicketts but haven't heard any others.
Barny lost Shevlin, Parish, Anderson, Nixon, Laracy, picked up Roch & Semmler.
Chiltern lost Way & the Shannon and a couple of other Abigroup workers (apparently)
Kiewa quiet rumoured to be losing a few young blokes.
Thurgoona lost Royal, picked up Murray.
Yack lost Taylor haven't heard any pickups.
Rutherglen lost Seymours, heard Davis & Day were going too.
Tallangatta picked up coach Mathey but haven't heard of any others.
Wodonga monumental blunder getting Winmar & Farmer, now gone.
So it might be that the Mountain Men are favourites yet again. Can anyone set some of these rumours straight or add to them ?

Ohlin signed at Wodonga,

Shevlin is playing at Newbridge.

How about the once mighty Hoppers? Any news on a coach or new players?

yes that is correct.. mark carty is also belive to have joined back up with mitta.. rumours had it kris pearce is moving up north for work aswell.

Kiewa apparently have signed former Bulldog Ryan Richardson as AC and with him to play will be other Bulldogs Gerard Begley and Travis Knight(Knight played at Croydon last yr), and may have others on the go;)

Yack Have Signed Powell From Walbundrie And Clayton From Holbrook Similar Types To Cam Taylor.kiewa Are Keeping All Their Young Blokes So Will With Htose Additions Be Strong.jade Culph Looks Like He Will Head To The Usa For Tennis At Some Stage This Year So He Will Be A Loss For Mitta With Fraser Mclellan Back To His Old Club But Mitta Have Nelsons,harper,giltrap All Returning.

Anyone prepared to have an early crack at how the ladder will look ?

Mitta
----------------
Everyone else

Mitta have always been able to keep hold of a lot of kids and their older players are still going strong. Then get a couple of guys to sure up spots. The high possibility of a premiership always helps recruiting too.

Hopefully Mathey can get Tallangatta back into finals contention where they should be.

Winmar stuffed Rutherglen around most of last year. What the hell were the Saints thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back