Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly playing to give a few blokes a run. DMB had a good side in and kiewa had about half half of 1sts, 2nds/kids
from all reports from my mates who played we did well to only lose by three points. All positives for both sides another hitout before the season stars against opposition you can actually gauge yourself on

How did DMB's recruits go in Elliot, Cusworth and there AC go?

You serious?? Whats it matter DMB play Kiewa?

If they both want to go deep into finals they may play 3 or 4 times for the year. What the f..k does it matter if they have a SCRATCH MATCH against each other. My guess is both coaches kept a few tricks up their sleeve and walked away very happy with a really good hit out and now know more about how they as a club are going to go for the year - both coaches know a bit about the game!!......I'll use one of these just for you :eek:

Other news Rutherglen were defeated by Holbrook by approx 9 goals. Holbrook a bit too good in a good solid practice game. But an injury to a good recruit for Holbrook may hurt for a few weeks to come....but thats for the Hume league thread!

Rutherglen for the Tallangatta season - ????? Competitive?????

Never said I had a problem with it just thought it was a bit wierd.
And as I and you both stated think both coaches held back a bit as was shown by Ash Sutherland starting on the bench.:D:p

Don't take any offense Run but if you play for Thurgoona you get the good rooms. Visitors rooms are lucky to fit 6 big blokes in there, very cramped. I understand all clubs do it but Kiewas (ours), Thurgoonas and Barny's are probably the worst cases of small visitors rooms.
We all have to get to the standard of Eskdale, Dederang, Rutherglen etc.

So size does matter !!
Visitors & home change rooms at Thurgoona are exactly the same size (basically a mirror image of each other), so we deal with it too. (council building).
If it's only the size then I can't do much about it. Any other improvements, let me know and I'll see what we can do.

DMB defeated Kiewa by 3 points in a praccy match 2day?
Unsure of why these 2 sides woulda played against each other when they play in the same comp.
Dont think either side gave away 2 much tho.:thumbsu::):eek:

Dederang and Kiewa have been playing practice matches against each other for a while now. It's nothing new. It's convenient for both clubs because of travel, facilties, etc. Although both teams/coaches know it's a practice match, it's usually pretty full on. There has been some pretty heated moments in the past. None better than when Ledsam knocked Kindellan out cold. Brilliant:thumbsu:

Dederang and Kiewa have been playing practice matches against each other for a while now. It's nothing new. It's convenient for both clubs because of travel, facilties, etc. Although both teams/coaches know it's a practice match, it's usually pretty full on. There has been some pretty heated moments in the past. None better than when Ledsam knocked Kindellan out cold. Brilliant:thumbsu:

Serious Dave Ledsam knocked someone out??? He was pretty scrawny when I knew him, tried to be hard at the pill but got knocked off it easily.

I'm impressed if he actually did knock someone out

Serious Dave Ledsam knocked someone out??? He was pretty scrawny when I knew him, tried to be hard at the pill but got knocked off it easily.

I'm impressed if he actually did knock someone out

as long as it really was Kindellan that was KO'd!
I bet his Dad was crying on the sidelines when he got hit too!
TK loves tryin to dish it out but wen he cops it cries foul play (so does his ol' man from the sidelines) weak as TK!!

Well the season is about to start and there doesn't seem to be much excitment on this board.
The saints have had a decent pre-season and I don't know about other clubs but it's amazing to see how many blokes start to get keen 1-2 weeks out from the start of the season. On Tuesday we had 45 blokes at training, last Tuesday we battled to get 25. Maybe that is just our club and prob the reason we are where we are, but it is encouraging to get that many even if it is only 1 week out from round 1.
How are other clubs going with their final preparations?

So size does matter !!
Visitors & home change rooms at Thurgoona are exactly the same size (basically a mirror image of each other), so we deal with it too. (council building).
If it's only the size then I can't do much about it. Any other improvements, let me know and I'll see what we can do.

Tallangatta's rooms for size in both rooms is second to none.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Guys pre season is over, Best of luck 2 all Teams, players, Coaches etc 2morrow, lets hope injuries & Umpiring don't influenced the results of the games this year (and by umpiring I mean BAD Umpiring decisions).

Btw here r my tips 4 Round 1

Yack By 40 points over Chiltern
KSC By 1 point Over Mitta
Beechworth By 50 points over Wodonga Saints
Wahgunyah By 15 points over Rutherglen
Tallangatta By 10 points over Thurgoona
DMB by 30 points over Barnawartha

. None better than when Ledsam knocked Kindellan out cold. Brilliant:thumbsu:

I can't honestly believe that one red head would do that to another

Mitta v Kiewa was a cracker of a game with mitta getting up by nine points. Must make a comment as to why it was so important to them to play the Paton from melbourne(5 goals) for only one game on a permit, but I suppose Mitta being Mitta if they didnt win in front if the reuinion all hell would have broke loose.
Also Cohen was weak as piss when deliberatley driving his knees into Day whilst on the ground just as day was turning the game for Kiewa corking him and good to see Kris Pearce is still weak as ever he ran around belting the kids for half a game till Barber went onto him and smashed his nose and Pearce went missing.
Slater was by far best on ground for Mitta with Rhodes leading the way for Kiewa

Goals Rumbalara: Derek Murray 5 goals

Not bad for his first week in a stronger league.

Yeah stronger league but the guy was once and still not far off an AFL quality player. Doesn't really matter which league you put him in he'll go ok

Good to see that mitta has not changed, taught all their recruits how to get cheap kicks and how to hit a bloke from behind. Do they train for anything else??? Good to see Chiltern upset Yack too. I have said all pre season that Yack are a little over rated and Chiltern under rated. Good to see Wahgunyah get off to a good start too. Saints and Cats disappointing as predicted.

Good to see Chiltern upset Yack too. I have said all pre season that Yack are a little over rated and Chiltern under rated. Good to see Wahgunyah get off to a good start too. Saints and Cats disappointing as predicted.

Shimmer, I went and watched the game Chiltern vs Yack, I wanted to see Yack's recruits and it was very interesting to see Chiltern jump all over them early. I think it was 5 goals to 1 at quater time and then were able to hold Yack at an arms length for the rest of the game.
You may be right about both sides, but time will tell.
Looking at the swans side there were no big name recruits but apparently got a few boys back from melbourne who used to play at the club as juniors, probably why many (including myself) thought they would struggle in 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back