Barton Medal: Rhodes (Kiewa)
Goal Kicker: Thomson (Rutherglen)
Recruit: Day (Kiewa)

KSC by 25 versus Mitta
Beechworth by 75 versus Wodonga Saints
Rutherglen Cats by 30 versus Wahgunyah
Thurgoona by 32 versus Talangatta
Dederang by 6 versus Barnawartha

Side note, Rutherglen were to good in a practice match against Walla on Thursday night. Scott Thomson kicked 9 goals in 3 quarters while Andrew Sutcliffe, Chris Oats and Aaron Daggert were also very good.

Heres my first round predictions:
KSC over Mitta by 6 points
Beechworth over saints by 10 goals
Waygunyah over Cats by 24 points
Tallangatta over Thurgoona by 10 points
Dederang over Barny by 40 points
Yack over Chiltern by 34 points

Just heard the news i know all the beechy supporters were hanging out to here, the big man Sam "woman slayer" White will be playing for the bushys by early may. Big news for Beechworth and big news for the league, so watch out all tall forwards, ruckman and officials daughters cause the man is back.

It might be even earlier than that Lucy, btw do u know Mr.White?

Premier: Mitta
R/U: KSC
Smokey: Beechworth
Wooden spoon: Wahgunyah
Disappointment: Josh Bartell (KSC):D
Barton Medal: Rhodes (KSC)
Goal Kicker: McEvoy (Mitta)
Recruit: I'm not sure of his name, but he'll play midfield for DMB. Has just moved from Melbourne and will be the surprise packet of the year.
Headline of the year: "Cohen and Cameron - season ending knee injuries"

U talkin about Ledsam?

There is guy just moved to Cairns for football, says he has played for Rutherglen. His name is Kieran Hindle. Can anybody tell me how he plays. I have heard he has talent.

Just heard the news i know all the beechy supporters were hanging out to here, the big man Sam "woman slayer" White will be playing for the bushys by early may. Big news for Beechworth and big news for the league, so watch out all tall forwards, ruckman and officials daughters cause the man is back.

You posted the same thing about Sam White this time last year LTD. Page 29 of this thread in fact. Obviously you or a mate of yours. Or are you a Sam White crazed stalker fan of his.

You posted the same thing about Sam White this time last year LTD. Page 29 of this thread in fact. Obviously you or a mate of yours. Or are you a Sam White crazed stalker fan of his.
RS did you remember that or go through the thread? Either way you have too much time on your hands.:)

Premier: Mitta
R/U: KSC
Smokey: Beechworth
Wooden spoon: Wahgunyah
Disappointment: Josh Bartell (KSC):D
Barton Medal: Rhodes (KSC)
Goal Kicker: McEvoy (Mitta)
Recruit: I'm not sure of his name, but he'll play midfield for DMB. Has just moved from Melbourne and will be the surprise packet of the year.
Headline of the year: "Cohen and Cameron - season ending knee injuries"

Heath Fuller or Fallons or something like that, ive heard his name is, comes with gr8 raps. and dmb will hav a good solid midfield frm all reports

Premier: DMB
Runner Up: Kiewa
Smokey: Mitta, can never write them off, even if its 22min gone in thefinal term:D
Wooden Spoon: Chilten
Disappointment: Yack
Barton Medal: Culph
Leading Goalkicker: McMartin
Recruit of the Year: Slater
Headline of the Year; Thurgoona slide down the ladder, AGAIN.

What have you got against Thurgoona my friend? Could you not get a game back in the the day when were getting smashed?

2008s Pre-Seasons Best;
#Player from your side? Dnt hav a side so cant ansa
#Player from any side? Jack Rhodes, cnt go past him
#Most underrated player from ur side? Dnt hav a side so cant ansa
#Most underrated player in the comp? Liam Clayton from Yack
#Player you love 2 hate? Roughy:D
#Best forwards? Halliday, Mcmartin, Cameron
#Best midfielders? Rhodes, Nelsons, Mounsey Hansen
#Best defenders? D.Elliot, Sutherland, Fraser
#Premiers? Mitta prob for 5, KSC, DMB up
there with Yack aswell

2008s Pre-Seasons Best;
#Player from your side? Dnt hav a side so cant ansa
#Player from any side? Jack Rhodes, cnt go past him
#Most underrated player from ur side? Dnt hav a side so cant ansa
#Most underrated player in the comp? Liam Clayton from Yack
#Player you love 2 hate? Roughy:D
#Best forwards? Halliday, Mcmartin, Cameron
#Best midfielders? Rhodes, Nelsons, Mounsey Hansen
#Best defenders? D.Elliot, Sutherland, Fraser
#Premiers? Mitta prob for 5, KSC, DMB up
there with Yack aswell

Instead of pre-season why not go season best?
My team: Lucas Mellier
Any side:As above Jack Rhodes
Undrerrated my team: Todd Miller
Undrerrated other team: Nate Schliebs
Love to hate: Matt Hooper. I know hes playing for lavi but i hopr that prick dies a horrible death.
Forwards: Tim Madden, Roughy
Defenders: Clint Dickins, Darren Elliot
Premiers: The Goon!!!

Instead of pre-season why not go season best?
My team: Lucas Mellier
Any side:As above Jack Rhodes
Undrerrated my team: Todd Miller
Undrerrated other team: Nate Schliebs
Love to hate: Matt Hooper. I know hes playing for lavi but i hopr that prick dies a horrible death.
Forwards: Tim Madden, Roughy
Defenders: Clint Dickins, Darren Elliot
Premiers: The Goon!!!

Who is this schliebs? Yea hooper was a prick and loved the cheap shots on oppenents, i seen him the other nite picking on kids half his size and age, some thing never change

Who is this schliebs? Yea hooper was a prick and loved the cheap shots on oppenents, i seen him the other nite picking on kids half his size and age, some thing never change
If Nate got off his ass and trained one night a week he will kill any defender!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player from your side? Jack Rhodes
Player from any side? Adam Hansen
Most underrated player from ur side? Marc Lewis/Al Whitsed
Most underrated player in the comp? Jake Mounsey
Player you love 2 hate? N. Thompson/ Scott Fraser
Best forwards? Cameron, Jones, Bradshaw
Best midfielders? Rhodes, Nelsons, Hansen, Hansford
Best defenders? Sutherland, Christian Jackson, Damien Cassidy
Premiers? Mitta

I was wondering if anyone else has seen wagunyah's ground/ facilities. Went out there on the weekend to have a look and i would have to say they have the worst ground in the TDFL. It's small (Thurgoona size) and a horrible surface (dry and patchy) and the facilities didn't look to crash hot either (although only saw them from the outside).

Player from my side: Jack 'Road Train' Rhodes
Player from any side: Nick Fraser
Underrated from my side: Tim Kindellan:D
Underrated in the comp: Jake Mounsey
Player you love to hate: That fat old c#nt from yack ones who runs off the line trying to smash the kids then runs when the big fellas chase him
Best Fowards: Cameron, McEvoy
Best Midfielders: Rhodes, nelsons, Cohen
Best defenders: Sutherland, Gunny
Premiers: Kiewa from mitta by 2 points after the first week was a draw

Heres my first round Tips:
KSC over Mitta by 17
Beechworth over wodonga by 74
Waygunyah over Ruthers by 36
Tallangatta over Thurgoona by 15
Dederang over Barny by 28
Yack over Chiltern by 22

I was wondering if anyone else has seen wagunyah's ground/ facilities. Went out there on the weekend to have a look and i would have to say they have the worst ground in the TDFL. It's small (Thurgoona size) and a horrible surface (dry and patchy) and the facilities didn't look to crash hot either (although only saw them from the outside).

I agree with you when you say the ground is small but dry and patchy?You sure you were looking at the ground and not the speedway?The ground looked green and lush when i seen it sunday arvo..Apparently their home rooms are brand new and the away rooms are ok but only have 3 showers.Does anyone know how they have recruited?They seem to be stayin out in the dark and really unknown quality and quantity

I agree with you when you say the ground is small but dry and patchy?You sure you were looking at the ground and not the speedway?The ground looked green and lush when i seen it sunday arvo..Apparently their home rooms are brand new and the away rooms are ok but only have 3 showers.Does anyone know how they have recruited?They seem to be stayin out in the dark and really unknown quality and quantity
Picked up Marcus Osborne and a couple of others;still no word on Ocka.What you will get any time you play them especially at home is a very very physical game of footy.It is a small ground and they bang in so you will know you have played.Have a few who dont mind a punch on as well so they will cause some upsets at home this year through physiacal intimidation of some younger or smaller sides.

Picked up Marcus Osborne and a couple of others;still no word on Ocka.What you will get any time you play them especially at home is a very very physical game of footy.It is a small ground and they bang in so you will know you have played.Have a few who dont mind a punch on as well so they will cause some upsets at home this year through physiacal intimidation of some younger or smaller sides.

Ocka does a bit of concreting for us, he is only commiting to 1 game this year when they play Kiewa at Wagunyah. Him and camo are good mates and wanna belt each other up!!!!!!Should be worth watching

Punch On? C`mon for toughness, and my meaning may vary from yours, is keeping your eye on the ball on not stopping.Wahgunyah are not a physically intimidating team, by my meaning of tough, they won`t even get close to mitta. The only punch ons they have been when the recipient has not had a chance. And we know of a couple who`ve required hospilisation and operations from the so called "punch ons".

A blow for the Barny boys, Gordon Anderson has decided to retire from football. They may struggle in the middle this year!

A blow for the Barny boys, Gordon Anderson has decided to retire from football. They may struggle in the middle this year!

Ohh did it all get to hard for him did it? Maybe cause he may have had to go get a hard ball himself this year with the tigers tipped to struggle.

Looks good mate here is my ladder,

Kiewa
Yack
Mitta
DMB
Beechworth

Tallangatta
Thurgoona
Barny
Wahgunyah
R/Glen
Saints
Chiltern.

I reckon we will see a huge improvement in the comp this year with lots of quality recruits coming into the league and also a lot evener competition.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Premier: Kiewa
R/Up: Mitta
Smokey: DMB
Wooden Spoon: Chiltern
Dissapointment: Yack
Barton Medal: Julian Day
Goal kicker: Brendan mcEvoy(116 goals)
Recruit: Brendan mcEvoy
Headline of the year: Mitta once again claim they pay little compared to other clubs!!!!

2nd on your ladder but a disappointment? how does that work IHP? one could only imagine you think they will finish 2nd then bow out in straight sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back