Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up Marcus Osborne and a couple of others;still no word on Ocka.What you will get any time you play them especially at home is a very very physical game of footy.It is a small ground and they bang in so you will know you have played.Have a few who dont mind a punch on as well so they will cause some upsets at home this year through physiacal intimidation of some younger or smaller sides.

Yeah i have actually been told Wahgunyah does have a fair crack when it comes to punch on's and physical intimidation.a friend of mine who played for CDBHU last yr said that they were one of the most physical sides his ever played and this is coming from a bloke who played in murray league and down iin the big smoke..so should be good to see if wahgunyah can get underneath a few of their opponents skin

A blow for the Barny boys, Gordon Anderson has decided to retire from football. They may struggle in the middle this year!

also heard that rod winner's knee might have not come up and wont play this year? gordo aint played in the middle for years so it wouldnt affect there on ballers i would think?

2nd on your ladder but a disappointment? how does that work IHP? one could only imagine you think they will finish 2nd then bow out in straight sets?

Exactly they will look the goods in the home and away but fail when it counts and send em broke again. U must have some spare time on your hands mate...

Wahgunyah's facilities are acceptable for this league. The club rooms only recently under took a renovation. The away rooms are in better shape then a lot of clubs, especially Thurgoona, Kiewa and Barny. Their field is small but is still in fairly good nick. As for Wahgunyah on the field I would be surprised if they didn't push for a finals birth. They have a tough and experienced on-ball division, a forward line capable of kicking winning scores and enough youth and pace to trouble teams.

2008s Pre-Seasons Best;
Player from your side? Scott Thomson
Player from any side? Jack Rhodes, Tianan Halliday
Most underrated player from your side? Mark Donaldson
Most underrated player in the comp? Cam Cassidy from Chiltern
Player you love 2 hate? Barber
Best forwards? Halliday, Cameron, Thomson
Best midfielders? Rhodes, Day, Osbourne
Best defenders? D.Elliot, D Maloney, Sutherland
Premiers? Kiewa or Mitta

Wahgunyah's facilities are acceptable for this league. The club rooms only recently under took a renovation. The away rooms are in better shape then a lot of clubs, especially Thurgoona, Kiewa and Barny. Their field is small but is still in fairly good nick. As for Wahgunyah on the field I would be surprised if they didn't push for a finals birth. They have a tough and experienced on-ball division, a forward line capable of kicking winning scores and enough youth and pace to trouble teams.

2008s Pre-Seasons Best;
Player from your side? Scott Thomson
Player from any side? Jack Rhodes, Tianan Halliday
Most underrated player from your side? Mark Donaldson
Most underrated player in the comp? Cam Cassidy from Chiltern
Player you love 2 hate? Barber
Best forwards? Halliday, Cameron, Thomson
Best midfielders? Rhodes, Day, Osbourne
Best defenders? D.Elliot, D Maloney, Sutherland
Premiers? Kiewa or Mitta

Can you tell me what is actually wrong with Thurgoona's change rooms ?

watched chiltern play jindera tonight . chiltern won first quarter but after that all one sided with jindera easy winners by 13 goals or there abouts

The margin was more like 5 goals, reckon it would of been 3 goals to about 8, Chiltern were missing about 4 to 5 of their senior players, and played a lot of young kids.

Former StKilda and Hawthorn star Joel Smith to line up for Mitta this year?
Wont be on a permanent basis but could get in half a dozen games.:confused::confused:

ive also heard this 6uldv8, apparently his old man has some land in the mitta area

not sure he was a star in the afl though, he was a good handy player, u gooramadda folk sometimes pump things up a bit 2 much

he'd b a star around here though

Former StKilda and Hawthorn star Joel Smith to line up for Mitta this year?
Wont be on a permanent basis but could get in half a dozen games.:confused::confused:

Can't see Joel Smith lining up for mitta when he signed with Balwyn in the Eastern Football League. i would hardly think they would let him play especially when he is on big bucks and they would be major contenders for the flag.

righto here's my tips for round 1 and why
kiewa will beat Mitta- nothing to do with revenge because nothing can avenge a Grand Final loss but Mitta always just do enough to get wins early so they peak later kiewa will be up and running
Thurgoona will beat tallangatta- apart from the derby this will be the match of the round i just think Thurgoona's midfield will have too much depth and speed for Tallangatta.
Wahgunyah will beat Rutherglen- will be too good in the derby will be a cracking game but
yack will beat chiltern- i still think it will be a long year for the swans
Beechworth will beat the saints- no surprise here beechworth will rip them a new a hole
dederang will beat barny- dedrang will show why there a top 3 fancy by destroying barny at mount beauty
my ladder after round 1
DMB
BEE
YACK
THUR
KSC
WAH
RUTH
MIT
TALL
CHIL
WS
BARN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you should be working for the border mail Switch with detective work, your mail is in fact correct and unfortunately he has decided he has played his last game.

Thanks "Dunny" for the memories.
Country footy wouldn't be same without his love of the game. Former clubs such as Lavington, Brocklesby, Mango, Holbrook and of course Thurgoona would, I'm sure, congratulate him on not only his imput to the game but also his character in being gallant in victory but also gracious in defeat. Still good to see him involved though. Coaching the pups in the thirds and sitting in the box on game day showing just the sought of guy he is.
:thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

Thanks "Dunny" for the memories.
Country footy wouldn't be same without his love of the game. Former clubs such as Lavington, Brocklesby, Mango, Holbrook and of course Thurgoona would, I'm sure, congratulate him on not only his imput to the game but also his character in being gallant in victory but also gracious in defeat. Still good to see him involved though. Coaching the pups in the thirds and sitting in the box on game day showing just the sought of guy he is.
:thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

No doubt he will be using the runner to full effect back and forth from the hot dog stand now he has hung up the boots:D:D Besides that, congratulations on a good bush footy career and agree with everything DD wrote, looking forward to 2004 reunion:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I think you should be working for the border mail Switch with detective work, your mail is in fact correct and unfortunately he has decided he has played his last game.

Ill bet there are few forwards with a big smile after hearing that news. Well done Gus on a great career.

Once again switch, you are good, very very good!!

You guys are being very kind to the big man-he was a thug:D:DNot the well natured,kind hearted all round nice guy you are making him out to be.The race is on to 120kgs Gus!!!

The margin was more like 5 goals, reckon it would of been 3 goals to about 8, Chiltern were missing about 4 to 5 of their senior players, and played a lot of young kids.

well from what i was told by a very reliable source the margin was a fair bit more in the vicinity of about 13 goals, however there is certainly no shame in losing to a side like jindera and chiltern will not be the last side jindera do that too this season

DMB defeated Kiewa by 3 points in a praccy match 2day?
Unsure of why these 2 sides woulda played against each other when they play in the same comp.
Dont think either side gave away 2 much tho.:thumbsu::):eek:

Unsure of why these 2 sides woulda played against each other when they play in the same comp.

You serious?? Whats it matter DMB play Kiewa?

If they both want to go deep into finals they may play 3 or 4 times for the year. What the f..k does it matter if they have a SCRATCH MATCH against each other. My guess is both coaches kept a few tricks up their sleeve and walked away very happy with a really good hit out and now know more about how they as a club are going to go for the year - both coaches know a bit about the game!!......I'll use one of these just for you :eek:

Other news Rutherglen were defeated by Holbrook by approx 9 goals. Holbrook a bit too good in a good solid practice game. But an injury to a good recruit for Holbrook may hurt for a few weeks to come....but thats for the Hume league thread!

Rutherglen for the Tallangatta season - ????? Competitive?????

Mostly playing to give a few blokes a run. DMB had a good side in and kiewa had about half half of 1sts, 2nds/kids
from all reports from my mates who played we did well to only lose by three points. All positives for both sides another hitout before the season stars against opposition you can actually gauge yourself on

Can you tell me what is actually wrong with Thurgoona's change rooms ?

Don't take any offense Run but if you play for Thurgoona you get the good rooms. Visitors rooms are lucky to fit 6 big blokes in there, very cramped. I understand all clubs do it but Kiewas (ours), Thurgoonas and Barny's are probably the worst cases of small visitors rooms.
We all have to get to the standard of Eskdale, Dederang, Rutherglen etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back