Tarrant seeking trade to Victorian club

Remove this Banner Ad

We won't make the 8 next year. Not a chance in hell.

It's unlikely, but possible. The likes of Montagna and Didak have taken a massive step up recently, if someone like Ibbotson can do the same and if Palmer regains form quickly we have a really good midfield next season.

Combined with a solid defence, Sandi in the ruck and Pav at full forward we could certainly win 9-10 games at Subi then pinch a couple on the road to make the 8.

It's unlikely, but possible. The likes of Montagna and Didak have taken a massive step up recently, if someone like Ibbotson can do the same and if Palmer regains form quickly we have a really good midfield next season.

Combined with a solid defence, Sandi in the ruck and Pav at full forward we could certainly win 9-10 games at Subi then pinch a couple on the road to make the 8.

Montagna and Didak have around 5 years and 100 games on Ibbotson. Mundy is the one you should be looking to take that step. Ibbotson needs to continue his development, but to expect him to develop that quickly is unrealistic.

IMHO. Taz need to be sat down and told:

1. You were GORN when Collingwood sacked you. We picked you up, very debatable wether anybody else would have.

Um... Glossing over the facts here... You guys traded pick #8 and Medhurst for him.

I wouldn't really call that GORN.

Actually maybe I would. Only because I don't really now what GORN means. I'm assuming its bogan/ Rockingham for 'gone?'

2. You sucked as a forward for us. You mised way too many gettable goals for any key forward.

He sucked as a forward for Collingwood too if that's any consolation.

3. You have a contract. Suck it up and play out your contract and grow a bloody heart.

He will if he doesn't get traded. He loses $400 grand should he refuse.

Doesn't help Freo out in the slightest past next year though.

How so? McPharlin and Grover probably only have a year to go so if Tarrant stays we'll be replacing our 3 best key defenders in one hit. :thumbsdown:

McPharlin will be 28 next year, hes still got another 3 or 4 years left in him providing his body holds up alright.

What is the difference if we replace Tarrant next month or in 12? We may challenge for the 8th spot if we have no injuries throughout the year, but we will most certainly sustain a few injuries throughout the course of the year and our depth at the moment is not strong enough to take us to the finals.

So if we could get possibly a 2nd rounder plus a fringe player from a Victorian club, with our recruiters confident of landing another player in the 2nd round which can be added to the mould of our future then why not? And when we need a fringe player from a team like Geelong or Saint Kilda, like a David Armitage or Simon Hogan, who would be a regular 22 in another team

Pretty sure Solly is already signed on for next year.

Pretty sure i put across that I wasn't sure on Maguire's medical before my potential trade contentment, which was just about a straight swap (though im sure FFC are monitoring what we think :rolleyes:). Dont call me an idiot, no need for it.

Ok I wont call you an idiot, but if you think our best KPD who would walk into any team's 1st 22, is worthy of a straight swap for an injure-prone guy who hasn't played in donkeys, then you are a CC or Schwab

Ill call him an idiot!

You guys should do really well out of this draft, very likely to pick up Mora with your first pick and if you can nab a late second rounder for Tarrant that will give you another quality kid. Mora + Pick#14ish + Jetta (who we can trade for at a later date). Add those guys to Palmer and Hill and you have a good core of potential A grade midfielders with Frodo, Mayne, Hinkley, Ibbo part of the rotation in a few years.

If only you didnt trade out of the draft in 06 could of had a N. Brown, J.Riewodlt, M. Brown etc.. on the list as a quality KP player also (wouldnt of been able to trade Tarrant of course but eh...).

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant seeking trade to Victorian club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back