Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I would go as far as to say that if given the choice of Chad , Shai or Kozzie for us right at this time, it is Shai Bolton. If everything else remains equal Shai gets us into a Grand Final.
For this type of talent you do what we have just done.
[/QUOTE]
Yes I agree.

Frederick and Switkowski must be grinning from ear to ear. Kick the ball in, Treacy hammers the contest, and release the exocets.

It has been mentioned, but Bolton's midfield ability and impact is another tick.

We have mids who can rotate forward with him and that switch will be a nice disrupter for Longmuir to use.

I agree, I think we paid slight overs for Bolton. Richmond played the game well, they knew how desperate we were to get him, so were always confident we would cough up.

Still happy with the result. It was either that or spend another season bemoaning the lack of goalkicking small forwards.
We paid overs for our house at auction 25 years ago...+$4k!

Bolton will add plenty but he won't be the difference in winning a flag. Will come down to the core group getting better and the fringe/young players going up a level or two.

Very talented list that can absolutely win it all.

I disagree with you mate. To use a war analogy, we could have procured a really fine rifle to add to our fine army but we went for a cannon to join our fine army to win the war.
We were one quality forward short of what we needed but we went and got the absolute best in the competition.

my financial adviser says beware of unbalanced portfolios...
some thing about black swan events and fratricide risk multipliers???

Yes , fratricide it is.
wc could literally destroy themselves from within.
The wonder boy could potentially be the poison chalice for them. I wish his manager was Colin Young; that would get it done.

Last edited:
I disagree with you mate. To use a war analogy, we could have procured a really fine rifle to add to our fine army but we went for a cannon to join our fine army to win the war.
We were one quality forward short of what we needed but we went and got the absolute best in the competition.
Shai is not the absolute best small forward imo. Pickett, Stengle, Green all on par if not better. He is in the top tier though amongst others and he is more of a mid forward, he gets a lot of clearances even since the early days.

Shai is not the absolute best small forward imo. Pickett, Stengle, Green all on par if not better. He is in the top tier though amongst others and he is more of a mid forward, he gets a lot of clearances even since the early days.
A pure small forward kicks goals with a second string pressuring the opposition.

Bolton does both but he has a third string as a creative midfield extractor.

End result is Bolton on his own maybe doesn't win us a premiership (it is a team sport), but he can enable the team to win one.

He gets a place on the very short list...
And we can never know until their careers are over who was best...
And even then well never agree!
How about, "arguably", The absolute best small forward in the competition!
By the bye, the rest of the short list were not available, to us, this year, if ever .

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back