Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the Two Blues have lost another player?

Ben Hayes is rumoured to be leaving the State by the end of the month which will leave Penguin without an unders coach and an important Senior player. Mind you he wasnt due to play until August so really would have been good for nothing.
Anyone know where Hayes is going?
Jason Ling also may be heading back to Burnie after more than one serious talk with his former club.
So the list of players to leave Penguin grows. Nick Good is contemplating going to Ulverstone to play where his father "Nody" Good played.
Robert Gilligan was paid a pocket full of cash to go to Burnie will be interesting to see how some of the more Senior players that remain at the club think of this.
But no doubt some board members will deny that this has happened just like they did that Brad Davis was getting any "fringe benifits" until finally some one had the balls to ask.
Not many probably would of complained if told about it as Brad in his prime has been the best ruckman in the state.
Dont football clubs ever learn!!!
Two Blue seemed to think Penguin have lost quite a few of their better players, so the practice match might not be too one sided. But Two Blue would be able to give you a recent run down.

Unfortunately, some of us have to work.

So your'e a former Friends player who now plays for OHA.............dont worry you wont miss much if you guys are going to play Triabunna in a practice game, they probably will have a load of intoxicated fishermen and deckies dragged out of the local watering hole to play for them.

Why dont AFL TAS look into which devils player or players were in a fight on sunday night at IRISH MURPHYS in launceston , one is now being mentioned as the next Devils captain .Aparrently he was doing all the mouthing and niggling but stopped while the bloke kept banging his head in to the wall of lattice work.They were kicked out for a while but latter let back in,just what the Devils need a inspiring captain from the north.Look forward to AFL TAS comment on this one. Even Cresswell should grow up because Tassies a small place and we know from the coach down what every bodys up to. All i will say for now.

Why dont AFL TAS look into which devils player or players were in a fight on sunday night at IRISH MURPHYS in launceston , one is now being mentioned as the next Devils captain .Aparrently he was doing all the mouthing and niggling but stopped while the bloke kept banging his head in to the wall of lattice work.They were kicked out for a while but latter let back in,just what the Devils need a inspiring captain from the north.Look forward to AFL TAS comment on this one. Even Cresswell should grow up because Tassies a small place and we know from the coach down what every bodys up to. All i will say for now.

i wonder if this post will be deleted like the last lot about a possible captain. They have to be made accountable for there actions as they are supposed role models. drugs and fighting are just not on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

logo.gif

March 3rd 2007: Ben's Bid To Step Back
By Brett Stubbs Link

AFL Tasmania seems to be softening its hardline stance towards former Devils captain Ben Beams.

Representatives from AFL Tasmania met Beams to discuss his decision to leave the club half-way through his two-year contract due to lack of motivation.
Beams said he had lost desire to play at VFL level but wished to play in the Southern Premier League.

The statement initially angered AFL Tasmania and it refused to allow Beams to play because of breach-of-contract.
But interim AFL Tasmania chairman Dominic Baker said yesterday negotiations were continuing.

"We are still very keen that Ben remains part of the Devils program, there is no doubt in that," Baker said.
"If that doesn't suit Ben then we will come up with a best fit for both of us and we are still working through that.
"If Ben Beams isn't playing with the Devils, the best bet is that he is playing in the community.
"But we need to make sure that's exactly what Ben wants and what the Devils want."

LOL.

Beamsy to Claremont is just about a sure thing. Apparently when Bucket first signed for Claremont (TFL Folding), Beamsy was signed up aswell. I don't know if that is true cause Beamsy might have still been on the Melbourne List. One of Barge's Claremont buddies told me that one, so who knows. Anyway Barge how did the practice match against DOSA go on Friday night?

Devils practice match a few weeks ago, young Glenorchy Full Foward David Hunt kicked 3 goals. Good to see him training with them, will give us two forwards (if he makes the 35) on Glenorchys list, Majestic's boy Aaron Cornelius the second. Few weeks ago Corny was in Melbourne training with St. Kilda.

Just checked the Glenorchy Website, which was last updated in December and they hade the following players missing from there players list, Leon Noel (Left Mid-Season Navy), Tim Green (Ass. Coach St Virgils Or Friends), Ben Careless (???), David O'Garey (Hope Not), Brad McDonald (Devonport), Heath Barwin (Richmond), Chris Glenn (Richmond/ Retired). Also heard theat Jesse O'neal has gone to Qld.

logo.gif

March 3rd 2007: Ben's Bid To Step Back
By Brett Stubbs Link

AFL Tasmania seems to be softening its hardline stance towards former Devils captain Ben Beams.

Representatives from AFL Tasmania met Beams to discuss his decision to leave the club half-way through his two-year contract due to lack of motivation.
Beams said he had lost desire to play at VFL level but wished to play in the Southern Premier League.

The statement initially angered AFL Tasmania and it refused to allow Beams to play because of breach-of-contract.
But interim AFL Tasmania chairman Dominic Baker said yesterday negotiations were continuing.

"We are still very keen that Ben remains part of the Devils program, there is no doubt in that," Baker said.
"If that doesn't suit Ben then we will come up with a best fit for both of us and we are still working through that.
"If Ben Beams isn't playing with the Devils, the best bet is that he is playing in the community.
"But we need to make sure that's exactly what Ben wants and what the Devils want."

LOL.

Wake up AFL TAS !!!!!
Beams does not want to play for the bloody Devils.

How does AFL TAS know what Beams wants ???
Playing in the community is the best thing for SFL and southern Tassie.

What else is there to work through ????

AFL TAS and the board of wana bees and has been should look to fixing footy in Tassie not big noting and playing the BIG BOSS of players.

The Premier league which is suppossed to be the top standard of football in the south is slowly dying.Crowds at all clubs are getting smaller every year,no one should want to see the top 3 or 4 sides flog the bottom 3 0r 4 sides by 0ver 100 points. You can now see that there is no proper salary cap for clubs as there is supposed to be. Clarence,Glenorchy,New Norfolk and even North Hobart now will be way in front of the other clubs. . Which will hurt the league even more now as the games become even more one sided .The league needs to somehow even the gap from top to bottom other wise it will keep losing supporters of the game. Who wants to see there team win or lose by 150 points not me. Surely someone has some ideas on how to bring back the close games which we once enjoyed. This state cant all be about Hawthorn and the DEVILS surely. AFL TAS should realise the Devils need all clubs in the premier league strong for them to improve. Pre Devils game at Bellerive last year,Clarence def Laurderdale by 150 0dd points nothing against the bombers but who is going to pay to watch this game,even die hard Clarence supporters would not be happy to watch this. But the way things are going other clubs will also suffer these large floggings. Not the best way to get the crowds back i would say unless its going to be a 4 team competition.

Beamsy to Claremont is just about a sure thing. Apparently when Bucket first signed for Claremont (TFL Folding), Beamsy was signed up aswell. One of Barge's Claremont buddies told me that one, so who knows. Anyway Barge how did the practice match against DOSA go on Friday night?

Just checked the Glenorchy Website and they hade the following players missing from there players list, Tim Green (Ass. Coach St Virgils Or Friends), Ben Careless (???). Also heard theat Jesse O'neal has gone to Qld.

Beams did sign with Claremont I believe when he initially returned from Melbourne I think in 2002, the year after Atkin signed. This was simply as he had to be aligned with somebody. He was never seen at the club in this time.

Who's your Claremont source, Jasar?

Spoke to him in either 2003 or 04 and he said he had since aligned with Glenorchy. I asked a Claremont official if this was correct and to their knowledge he was still aligned with Claremont.

All academic really - he was zero percent chance of playing with either.

My mail is he was going to go up to Claremont just for training but is now apparently headed to "league headquarters" with his mates Bolton, Geappen and Walker. Fair midfield there!

DOSA won easily from all reports, not sure how strong they were but was told Claremont had a few out, most notably Ben Atkin.

As for your list of Glenorchy players missing - gonna be a bit hard for Green to be A/Coach of Friends when they no longer exist!

I'm not 100% but I thought I saw Careless on the news playing in the Devils intra club game last week, so that explains that one and going on last years performances I'm not sure O'Neal is going to be too much of a loss to Glenorchy. Can't have been rated too highly as he struggled to nail down a regular spot in the ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back