Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did Heath Barwin leave Glenorchy to play in the old scholars. Just chasing the dollar or another issue. They will miss him this year.

The reason that he told me was that he is building his house this year and cant commit to the training schedules of Glenorchy.
Money to would be a factor, but who could blame him if he can get nearly 5 times as much playing at an old scholars club.

Also Sorell look to have regained John Ferguson who is back from the Cairns Leauge. And also have regained Jason Harland who spent last season in SA. Both should be huge gains for the Eagles, especially Harland who will significantly boost Sorell's ruck stocks which was there major weakness last season.

Bakerman and a couple others better start reposting what they wrote yesterday evening then - :eek: the scrotes at AFL Tas might get a bit :mad:

I was not saying that it was true, but I was told 3rd hand by someone who saw him out last season. I am not accusing him of anything and I will not post it again, I should not of mentioned it.

Dear monna,

Like I said in my post which was deleted by a mod,

It's not like it matters anyway - it's only Brighton!

It's not like it's Glenorchy or Clarence or one of the real clubs!

You only comment on things you KNOW about eh?

Didn't seem to know if the time trials were done pre or post Christmas!

Yep, you're on the ball!

The Robins are going places with you on board!

We might as well talk about the weather and the neighbours cats and dogs for fear of our posts being removed or modified!

This post might be serious enough to have to be removed by a moderator

Looks like Mr Spurrs fearsome adversary has been in trouble for a SERIOUS offence ha ha

107SNOOKS, John David105472/2006PLEHBT810:00 AM1 count of Expired Parking Meter
219SNOOKS, John David104961/2006PLEHBT810:45 AM1 count of Expired Voucher/Voucher Not Displayed

Tsk Tsk - Wonder if he was parked outside AFL Tas Headquarters and the "sensitive" fellas inside got a bit crabby when they couldnt park their automobiles in their "Private" car parking space!

They'll sure have firepower if they can get the ball in the forward line quickly.

Coach: Jock McGregor. A/Coach: Chris Joyce

My sources also tell me former DOSA tall Andrew Sherman, Brother of Brisbane's Justin, is headed down that way as well.

Can be very good on his day, just that his day doesn't always come.
Is some days away with the fairies.

Your thoughts Wilbur35, on this now former opponent of yours?

Hobart Lions practice matches according to their website are as follows:

Sunday 4th March: v Huonville at Huonville Recreation Ground
Sunday 11th March: v Devonport at Kempton Recreation Ground
Saturday 17th March: v Longford at Youngtown Memorial Ground
Saturday 31st March: v DOSA (Tye Bennett Memorial Match) at Venue TBA.

Dear monna,

Like I said in my post which was deleted by a mod,

It's not like it matters anyway - it's only Brighton!

It's not like it's Glenorchy or Clarence or one of the real clubs!

You only comment on things you KNOW about eh?

Didn't seem to know if the time trials were done pre or post Christmas!

Yep, you're on the ball!

The Robins are going places with you on board!

One Simple word............... WRONG!!!

Misquoting something you have read again.

I know when all the trials and tests were done because i participated in every one of them.

-the 3.2km Time trial was done 10/01/07
-the Risdon brook dam run was done 13/11/06
-the max pushups/sit ups as well as max bench press were done a couple of weeks before.

You sure love being corrected!

Hobart Lions practice matches according to their website are as follows:

Sunday 4th March: v Huonville at Huonville Recreation Ground
Sunday 11th March: v Devonport at Kempton Recreation Ground
Saturday 17th March: v Longford at Youngtown Memorial Ground
Saturday 31st March: v DOSA (Tye Bennett Memorial Match) at Venue TBA.

does anybody have dates of other Southern teams playing matches in the next few weeks.

One Simple word............... WRONG!!!

Misquoting something you have read again.

I know when all the trials and tests were done because i participated in every one of them.

-the 3.2km Time trial was done 10/01/07
-the Risdon brook dam run was done 13/11/06
-the max pushups/sit ups as well as max bench press were done a couple of weeks before.

You sure love being corrected!

How'd you girls go in the bench press? Anyone got any other strength results from SFL clubs?

monna,

please refer lines 3 and 4 of post #3188.

I had a passing glance, can't say I took an overly long look a them to be honest. The care factor wasn't overly high.

You say I am wrong. So be it.

Did you expect me to study them?

I, and everyone else who reads this board, with the exception of your good self, won't be losing any sleep over it.

PS: You still haven't told me if you are a member of the Brighton side that is in very, very good batting form at the minute?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

monna,

please refer lines 3 and 4 of post #3188.

I had a passing glance, can't say I took an overly long look a them to be honest. The care factor wasn't overly high.

You say I am wrong. So be it.

Did you expect me to study them?

I, and everyone else who reads this board, with the exception of your good self, won't be losing any sleep over it.

PS: You still haven't told me if you are a member of the Brighton side that is in very, very good batting form at the minute?

If, in fact, it is only Brighton and it's not like it's Glenorchy or Clarence (apparently the only two teams in the comp even thought one hasn't won a flag since 99) Then why the big spiel on our progress in the first place? No i don't expext anyone to study posts. Just don't make big statements which are completely wrong.

Yes i do play cricket at Brighton aswell, but this is a Football website, not cricket.

How'd you girls go in the bench press? Anyone got any other strength results from SFL clubs?

I don't know everyone else's results, Gilly has that list. I did however look over and see Sean Salter doing reps of 110kg.And was impressed, however i was told that this was only his warm up and that he usually does reps of about 130kg. Me personally had a max of a measely 75kg before christmas. We haven't been tested since.

Richmond have a game against Channel, but I can't recall where or when.

Richmond are playing Channel at Snug on the 18th of March. We were supposed to play Bridgenorth, then we were supposed to play Lindisfarne, now it is Richmond. We are heading to Penguin next Sat (10th) for a game against them, should be a good weekend...

A question for anyone up North, are Penguin any good? I don't really follow the NTFL, so don't know what to expect. We have about 25 blokes at this stage i think, which is a good turnout to go to the other end of the state for a practice game, considering we have quite a few still playing cricket...

Channel will get murdered!!

Penguin finished fairly respectably in comparison to their previous seasons...

prediction: 100-130 point margin.

Benny beams...

Any news on where? or if he is going to play footy after his devils career?

strong rumours to kingston, glenorchy and north hobart...

I don't know everyone else's results, Gilly has that list. I did however look over and see Sean Salter doing reps of 110kg.And was impressed, however i was told that this was only his warm up and that he usually does reps of about 130kg. Me personally had a max of a measely 75kg before christmas. We haven't been tested since.

Need to do a few more weights i reckon. ;)

Channel will get murdered!!

Penguin finished fairly respectably in comparison to their previous seasons...

prediction: 100-130 point margin.

We may cop a bit of a touch up, but it is only a practice game so it will prepare us well for the real stuff. Should be a good trip too, we are staying up ther on the Sat night and hitting the p1ss, which should be fun... Who are their players to watch out for?

Huonville play Hobart on the 4th, DOSA on the 18th and St Virgils on the 25th, all at Huonville. They had a camp at the weekend and worked extremely hard. Joycey is looking real good as well as a couple of the young guys. They also have an new one from up north who looks like making a big impression. A few guys up north rate him pretty highly. Oh yeah and Jock is fit as a fiddle. Last time he was this fit Hutchins won easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back