Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other practise games going on around town?

Heard Lauderdale and Glenorchy had one, and I think Triabunna took on the might of OHA...

ANyone know whats been happening in this games?

Clarence beat the Northern Bombers by about 6 goals in a sometimes firey match at York Park

Spot on Barge, will be interesting. Surely Bowring will come in for some attention too given that it is the fourth club he has played for in the Premier League?

Bowring is what we call in football circles "a footy club wh..." Massively overated, extremely selfish and has no friends ata any previous club he has played for - Brighton, Cygnet, Glenorchy, Kingston.:thumbsdown:

Finally, the big stuff has arrived, at long long last!!!

NTFL Round 1 - Saturday 24th March
South Launceston v Latrobe at Youngtown
Smithton v Wynyard at Smithton
Launceston v Devonport at Windsor Park
North Launceston v Ulverstone at Aurora Stadium (6:30pm)
Burnie v Penguin at West Park (Night match, time not known)
Bye - East Devonport

Looking forward to the weekend already, have a free weekend too (doesn't happen often). :D
And if anyone knows the starting time for Burnie/Penguin...please let us know!!

RE EVVO,not having a personal attack at you but you always have an answer, dont disagree with its not always about money but why does the club offer good money to outside players from other clubs which is a fact but wont pay fair money to the crop of great up coming youngsters it has there now. Other clubs would pay good money for these youngsters but by being loyal they they are being taken advantage of and giving the club a way of paying bigger money to unloyal players from other clubs. This a fact. So if you think this right then i disagree with you because we will lose players through this ,why should they lose out and see outsiders getting a better deal than them. Reward loyalty before you lose it at the club. Dont tell me there is not tension at Hobart or any other club when you see a player that has come from another club receive more than a loyal player that has been at the club a fair time. What i have written is facts so please dont try and tell me any different because that would be lying. As you said let these players go if its about money but i bet you it will cost the club alot more money to replace these players than what they would want.

You mustn't have been watching very closely Cadoras, Richmond won by about 3 goals after we put all our 2's players on to give them a run. Also, we kicked a lot more points than them, we kicked about 7 in the first quarter alone... Also, there were 2 decent boundary umpires, pity about the field umpire, although i suppose it is their pre-season too... We played poorly, nowhere near the standard we are capable of...

Both teams had 12-13 players on the bench and both used their two's players on and off. If we were watching the same game I'd say Richmond had the most talent on the ground, which is why they won...just my humble opinion though.

Bowring is what we call in football circles "a footy club wh..." Massively overated, extremely selfish and has no friends ata any previous club he has played for - Brighton, Cygnet, Glenorchy, Kingston.:thumbsdown:

Can only agree, to have played at 4 different clubs can mean only one thing.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ No loyalty, watched him at kingston a few times and if its not going his way gets bitchy with other players and team sprit drops. Good luck eagles, will fit in nicely with all the $$$ players there.

Both teams had 12-13 players on the bench and both used their two's players on and off. If we were watching the same game I'd say Richmond had the most talent on the ground, which is why they won...just my humble opinion though.

I thiink Richmond only had about 5 or 6 on their bench, and we had about 14. I am not making any excuses, we played poorly and made some unforgivable mistakes. It was a good hitout fitness-wise, but a very ordinary performance by us. They did show us up in certain areas, they had some good players, whereas i can't think of anyone that played well for us (I certainly didn't:thumbsdown: ).

I am a big recruit for the Old Scotch 2's this year. Gonna be the first time I've played since the 1997 Under 15's STJFL Grand Final when Lauderdale got done by Glenorchy.

Billy, I have been reading this thread for a long time but this is my first post. You played in the 'dales 97 U/15 losing GF side against Glenorchy did you. So did I, I am not certain who you are, but I have a fair Idea - lets face it not many players from that team stopped playing and then moved to the Northern end of the state!!!
Were some talented players in that team of ours, Wingnut Callinan, Nick Paine being some of the better. Some good players for Glenorchy too - Simon Wiggins, Sean Salter, Mark Corbett to name a few.
May see you at a certain school reunion shortly if you are who I think you are?:)

Billy, I have been reading this thread for a long time but this is my first post. You played in the 'dales 97 U/15 losing GF side against Glenorchy did you. So did I, I am not certain who you are, but I have a fair Idea - lets face it not many players from that team stopped playing and then moved to the Northern end of the state!!!
Were some talented players in that team of ours, Wingnut Callinan, Nick Paine being some of the better. Some good players for Glenorchy too - Simon Wiggins, Sean Salter, Mark Corbett to name a few.
May see you at a certain school reunion shortly if you are who I think you are?:)

You have correctly identified me mate :thumbsu: .
I reckon I will see you there, once I have worked out who you are;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy, I am a 100 game player for the Lauderdale Junior Footy Club, probably played every one of them with you in the side - along with Matthew "Tangles" Wilson. I am still playing today, just not for the dale.

On another note, have heard that Brighton pulled out of a practice match last week against North Lonnie, anyone know why? Not enough numbers? Who are they playing in praccy matches?

Mitchell Swan kicked 5 for Clarence against North Lonnie on the weekend, have it from a good source that every single one was a handball over the top into the goalsquare.

On another note, have heard that Brighton pulled out of a practice match last week against North Lonnie, anyone know why? Not enough numbers? Who are they playing in praccy matches?

QUOTE]

True. Gilly didn't want to take a second rate side up there to play a good side like North Launie. Due to unnavailability from cricket, injury, amongst other things, There was going to be a few out, so Gilly pulled the pin. Numbers isn't a problem this year. And brighton play Kermandie this weekend, down there (i think).

Can anyone tell me how penguin are shaping up this year? How david laws is going as coach! i heard victorian recruit joe wearing is training with Tassie Devils
Mate have lost a few but picked a few up. true about the recruit trying with the devils though. still wont clear two players to devonport which is silly.

RE EVVO,not having a personal attack at you but you always have an answer, dont disagree with its not always about money but why does the club offer good money to outside players from other clubs which is a fact but wont pay fair money to the crop of great up coming youngsters it has there now. Other clubs would pay good money for these youngsters but by being loyal they they are being taken advantage of and giving the club a way of paying bigger money to unloyal players from other clubs. This a fact. So if you think this right then i disagree with you because we will lose players through this ,why should they lose out and see outsiders getting a better deal than them. Reward loyalty before you lose it at the club. Dont tell me there is not tension at Hobart or any other club when you see a player that has come from another club receive more than a loyal player that has been at the club a fair time. What i have written is facts so please dont try and tell me any different because that would be lying. As you said let these players go if its about money but i bet you it will cost the club alot more money to replace these players than what they would want.

Not so much an answer mate just my own view on the various situations you pose. Yeh i dont disagree with wat your saying on the matter of buying big name recruits and paying them more then the loyal ones that have been there for a while but wat can you do. The players and the club want to be successful and if they come in with the right attitude and work ethic and fit in with the playing group then im prepared to swallow abit of pride and play for a little less money. Wen ppl think about it it is obviously a sour point but as ive said the majority of players at the club neva giv match payments a thought and i think this is an area you should concentrate on. Forget about the money, dont worry about, just get out there and enjoy it. Lifes too short!

Just a thought Re: New Norfolk this coming season:

With the loss of Salter (Brighton), Michael Thompson (Redlands, Qld) Burdon (Central Hawks) and Matthew Smith apparently out for the first half of the year, where are their goals going to come from?

For mine, puts alot of pressure on Justin Rainbird and Jon Bowring if the rumours of his recruitment on here months ago are true.

Thoughts, gentlemen?

Rainbird reckons he will be fine up there without the others( he truely loves himself) hope the pressure doesnt get to him as it will make him look like a dumb ass all the yappin his been doin bout himself.
heard matty smith is never surpose to play footy again, but he thinkin bout still puttin boots on, stupid i think, one hit in the eye socket again could cause some damage.

Ah good to see yet another jumping on the Old Scotch band wagon. Have we seen you at training yet?
The Thistle,

you seem to know what is going on in the North of the State re footy circles, good to see. I like your predictions on the NTFA div.2 this year. Apparently there were a couple of practice games last weekend, your mob had an intra club and Uni Mowbray played also, correct? How did the teams fair, anything to come out of it? How are your boys looking? Uni Mowbray will be the team to beat my sources tells me!!

Billy, I am a 100 game player for the Lauderdale Junior Footy Club, probably played every one of them with you in the side - along with Matthew "Tangles" Wilson. I am still playing today, just not for the dale.

Mitchell Swan kicked 5 for Clarence against North Lonnie on the weekend, have it from a good source that every single one was a handball over the top into the goalsquare.
Wasn't at the Bombers v Roos game but my source tells me that Clarence were all over them. Roos had too strong a forward line and Bombers very short on talls (pardon the pun). He reckons that the Bombers will struggle this year although the excuses were flying around Aurora about 'players out' etc but he wasn't buying that.

He was sitting near the goal square and said that Swan was just in the right areas, no need for everyone to hit the contest hey?

The Thistle,

you seem to know what is going on in the North of the State re footy circles, good to see. I like your predictions on the NTFA div.2 this year. Apparently there were a couple of practice games last weekend, your mob had an intra club and Uni Mowbray played also, correct? How did the teams fair, anything to come out of it? How are your boys looking? Uni Mowbray will be the team to beat my sources tells me!!

I wont say I know it all but you pick up little things from listening to people from our club and others. The top four this year should be Fingal because of $$$, Uni Mowbray (depending on their batch of uni students - sounds like they've done ok though), St. Pats and us (Old Scotch)

We had an intra-club hit out on Sunday and it went really well bar a couple of injuries. We had 40+ there with ten apologies at 9.30am after St. Patties day which was a good effort considering!

This may be old news, but does anyone know why Jamie Caan returned to the mainland a couple years back as he was recruited with a lot of fanfare by the devils and all of a sudden he just faded away in the background with no explanation why he left the devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back