Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who cares (Kingpin :D ) the Devils were a couple of points down against West Adelaide just prior to half time in their practice match at Nth Hobart. Paul Koulourides had already had 2000 touches.

In the curtain raiser Nth Hobart gave the Mariners a touch up on the scoreboard, but it appeared the Mariners would have almost been even in the second half. They were 120 points down when I arrived and they only lost by about 130 with North getting a few cheap ones late.

North Hobart will be very, very compeitive this year.

For anyone who cares (Kingpin :D ) the Devils were a couple of points down against West Adelaide just prior to half time in their practice match at Nth Hobart. Paul Koulourides had already had 2000 touches.

In the curtain raiser Nth Hobart gave the Mariners a touch up on the scoreboard, but it appeared the Mariners would have almost been even in the second half. They were 120 points down when I arrived and they only lost by about 130 with North getting a few cheap ones late.

Yeh they hav recruited exceptionally well. How did their midfield go with Cat Geappen, Walker and Bolton. With a midfield like that its almost like a west coast type set up. Did DeGoyer play as well?? They are sounding pretty formidable!

heard today the afl collingwood magpies have come to an agreement to form a sister club arrangement with devonport fc ! looks like poor old glenorchy has missed out, bet they are not happy with that

Clarence seniors to play Kingborough tomorrow at Sorell I think, the Clarence two's will apparently take on Sorell.
Called in and had a look late in the day Clarence were 20 points ahead of Sorell, a lot of new faces in both sides. I was told Clarence beat Kingborough fairly easily by about 150 points but alot of senior players missing from both sides.was the comments.

LOL yes the Devils came from 24-points down at halftime to defeat Westies by 7-points in front a paltry crowd estimated at around 800.
North Hobart 27.14.176 beat the Tassie Mariners 8.4.52 in the curtain raiser.

NTFL played their first round matches today, the Grand Final replay was at Windsor Park between Launceston and Devonport.
In rainy conditions Devonport ran out easy winners 15.18.108 to Launceston 6.15.51.
There were two other matches but I didn't see who played in them, one of them was a 10.7.67 - 8.18.66 result.

heard today the afl collingwood magpies have come to an agreement to form a sister club arrangement with devonport fc ! looks like poor old glenorchy has missed out, bet they are not happy with that

From what I understand - and this came from a 55-year member of the GDFC - they've not (in recent years anyway) ever sought an alignment with Collingwood.

From what I understand - and this came from a 55-year member of the GDFC - they've not (in recent years anyway) ever sought an alignment with Collingwood.

that might be right king pin but they would consider themselves to be no1 as far as the magpie logo in this state and there would be some benifits with an agreement with collingwood that devonport fc has now got and they havnt
the old country cousins beat em to the punch i reckon ! and good on em

Yeh they hav recruited exceptionally well. How did their midfield go with Cat Geappen, Walker and Bolton. With a midfield like that its almost like a west coast type set up. Did DeGoyer play as well?? They are sounding pretty formidable!

Cat and Bolton didn't play and they still look pretty formidable. DeGooyer did play, and looked handy, along with Walker. Big Richie Robinson is the size of a small house...but even managed to kick a goal while playing at Centre Half Back....mind you he was blowing pretty hard by the time he ran back to his position.

Tom Collier with the Mariners looks the goods, definite draft material.

Cat and Bolton didn't play and they still look pretty formidable. DeGooyer did play, and looked handy, along with Walker. Big Richie Robinson is the size of a small house...but even managed to kick a goal while playing at Centre Half Back....mind you he was blowing pretty hard by the time he ran back to his position.

Tom Collier with the Mariners looks the goods, definite draft material.

Yeah definite draft material, just hope he doesn't play down back .. just a lazy eight kicked on him till half time!!

Good football eye you've got Wilbur 35!!!

that might be right king pin but they would consider themselves to be no1 as far as the magpie logo in this state and there would be some benifits with an agreement with collingwood that devonport fc has now got and they havnt
the old country cousins beat em to the punch i reckon ! and good on em
That's very true!
I often wondered why they didn't go hard for it to be honest, would've been perfect I would've thought.
New Norfolk tried to align with St Kilda awhile back but as part of the deal St Kilda wanted New Norfolk to change their emblem to Saints, and New Norfolk told them where to go.
Hobart tried with Richmond once many, many years ago (Statewide days) but found Richmond very difficult and un-cooperative so didn't bother with them again.
North Hobart have strengthened their bond with Melbourne in recent years, Robbie Flower was at one of your function's only a year or so back.
Interesting that Scott Wade told Hobart that every club was to have some sort of AFL alignment during the Lions debate a few years ago - I guess we know the answer to that one don't we? ;)

Hobart defeated DOSA by about 40-points in the annual Tye Bennett Memorial game at Cadbury's this afternoon.
In the reserves, Hobart were short of a few players for work reasons and 50-year old Colts coach John Edge pulled on the boots and played pretty well apparently, booted a goal and got amongst it - good stuff :p
Andrew Lamprill had a run too apparently in the Reserves win.
Apparently you have to pay a dollar to use the showers out at Cadbury's, by inserting a coin into the slot to get the showers working - needless to say quite a few blokes jumped in their cars and went home!

In the NTFL overnight North Launceston defeated Ulverstone by 12-points at Aurora Stadium and Penguin defeated Burnie by 9-points in the other night game 15.9.99 - 13.12.90.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DOSA lost by 34 points, and had quite a few out themselves. Would think that Hobart not happy with that result, they were only 10 points up at 3 1/4 time. You don't have to pay to use the showers the council have a stupid token operated system and they supply them to the club.

Devonport, as a club, have been around for over a hundred years ( i think closer to 12) and were the pies for a lot of that time. I don't know much about southern footy, have Glenorchy been aroud that long?

i heard a lot of their experienced players did well,how about some of their lesser lights go. heard some of their 2nd and 3rd year players expected to step up this year.

Watched the game and there was few young blokes who played well..

A Bielski who got plenty of the ball from the half back flank

M Fisher and Tom James on the half forward line, both looked lively and presented well up the ground, allowing the big fella A Cox to bag a lazy 10 including 6 in the first quarter.

With the young blokes they have coming through and the recruits they have picked up, i think a top 2 finish is what they would be expecting..

New Norfolk had practice match with lindisfarne on Saturday, eagles won easy had most of there reserve team on in the end. Rainbird struggled to get a kick

Rainbird will struggle to be the main focal point. It is a big weight having the whole valley relying on you. He will most likely breakdown half way through the year. Did Devine play for the Farne or North Hobart on the weekend. Will be interesting to see if he goes off chasing coin??

Devine played with North, rumour had it he was going over the river but unlikely that he will leave north...

although a bit of cash, and the farne being closer to home may tempt the bloke

Devine played with North, rumour had it he was going over the river but unlikely that he will leave north...

although a bit of cash, and the farne being closer to home may tempt the bloke
Devine is one of the most overrated players going around anyway.

I find it hard to believe however that Lindisfarne being closer to home might 'tempt the bloke'..... The 5 minute drive to North Hobart would be a killer im sure!!

As silly as it sounds I think the dee's would be better off without him.
Having watched the dees a few times over the years he only looks after himself. He calls for the ball in all the wrong spots and then goes off at blokes for not giving it to him.
I am also lead to believe he isn't going to play in the forward line for them this year too, so where are they going to play a bloke who is as slow as a wet week and likes to get the easy ball out the back of the play all the time???
He isn't quick enough for midfield.
And he doesn't man up.

mmm wonder where he'll play???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back