Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ummm well not at all champ, cant see where youd premise from what Ive said that brighton would be up there ...u silly silly boy.. Iam simply saying that north hobart are not nor have proven imo that they are EASILY THE BEST SIDE IN THE COMP, which had been said... could be anyones on their day as has been proven by the varied results thus far, which was where I was coming from
ridiculous is,nt it saying brighton is up there, just as ridiculous as your theory on glenorchy. they have been flogged by clarence & newnorfolk , on the other hand north hobart has accounted for both of them emphatically[you do know what that means]. considering these 2 teams have dominated recent final series & the pies have achieved zero i would be placing my money on the demons. two weeks time at north hobart oval, demons v the pies you will see a massive turnaround. will you be there?

ridiculous is,nt it saying brighton is up there, just as ridiculous as your theory on glenorchy. they have been flogged by clarence & newnorfolk , on the other hand north hobart has accounted for both of them emphatically[you do know what that means]. considering these 2 teams have dominated recent final series & the pies have achieved zero i would be placing my money on the demons. two weeks time at north hobart oval, demons v the pies you will see a massive turnaround. will you be there?

Get to a mirror mate have a good close look and ask yourself if u are ****ing serious ... bloody hell aye you aint all there.
I have no so called "theory" on glenorchy dh, quite simply saying its an even comp, surely that aint hard to comprehend ... oh and Im not sure how glenorchy have been flogged by NN seeing they have beaten the eagles both times this year..whipe that chin of yours ....CHAMP

Mighty , Well he has done such good things to that Auskick Side and under 14s&15s Also talking to him about playing next Year I can tell you right Here J KLEEMAN will play next year He has got about 4 clubs in mind and i can tell you that Barge's club And he tells me he wants to do a Pre Season

This is fantastic news for Tasmanian football. One of the biggest wastes of talent returning to the game to show us how its done.

Was talking to the man himself last night and it seems the Glenorchy Football Club might have a role for Kleeman as player manager for u/15's young gun "Chipper", who will be making his 17's debut this week.

This is fantastic news for Tasmanian football. One of the biggest wastes of talent returning to the game to show us how its done.

Was talking to the man himself last night and it seems the Glenorchy Football Club might have a role for Kleeman as player manager for u/15's young gun "Chipper", who will be making his 17's debut this week.

Could Kleeman be the next mcguire? Or even better at least kleeman can do everything AND Coach something mcguire has failed to do. Rumour has it Kleeman only wants the melbourne job so he can be re aquainted with lonmg time friends colin garland and ricky petterd

Schedule for this weekends matches - 30 June/1 July

NTFL Round 14
Burnie v Wynyard at West Park (Burnie by 47)
South Launceston v Penguin at Youngtown (South L'ton by 22)
Ulverstone v East Devonport at Victoria Street (Ulverstone by 150+)
Devonport v Latrobe at Devonport Oval (Devonport by 62)
North Launceston v Launceston at Aurora Stadium (Launceston by 6)

SFL Premier League Round 12
Glenorchy v Kingborough at KGV (Glenorchy by 94)
New Norfolk v Brighton at Boyer (New Norfolk by 100+)
Clarence v Lauderdale at Bellerive, 11:15am Saturday (Clarence by 27)
Hobart v North Hobart at TCA, Sunday (North Hobart by 34)

SFL Regional League Round 12
Kermandie v Claremont at Geeveston (Kermandie by 43)
Cygnet v Sorell at Cygnet (Cygnet by 2)
Huonville v Triabunna at Huonville (Huonville by 150+)
Channel v Dodges Ferry at Snug Park (Dodges by 88)
Lindisfarne v Central Hawks at Anzac Park (Hawks by 8)

NTFA Division 1 Round 11
Bracknell v Deloraine (Deloraine by 4)
Rocherlea v Hillwood (Hillwood by 75)
George Town v Bridgenorth (George Town by 44)
Longford v Scottsdale (Longford by 17)

NTFA Division 2 Round 12
OL's v Campbell Town (OL's by 33)
Old Scotch v St Pats (Scotch by 14)
Tamar Cats v Fingal Valley (Fingal by 9)
Evandale v Perth, Sunday (Perth by 22)

Schedule for this weekends matches - 30 June/1 July

NTFA Division 1 Round 11
Bracknell v Deloraine (Deloraine by 4)
Rocherlea v Hillwood (Hillwood by 75)
George Town v Bridgenorth (George Town by 44)
Longford v Scottsdale (Longford by 17)
Hope this isn't the "kiss of death" again the_insider. If we lose this week could you tip against us for the rest of the year? Cheers:)

Hope this isn't the "kiss of death" again the_insider. If we lose this week could you tip against us for the rest of the year? Cheers:)

No Probs Roorat, with pleasure :p:thumbsu:

Surely the streak should end this week....surely!!
You just never know though, a close hard fought game where Deloraine get up might affix their spot in the Top 3...

I'll Most likely be at Aurora Stadium this weekend, I get to see 2 games for the price of 1....hehehe :p:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Mighty , Well he has done such good things to that Auskick Side and under 14s&15s Also talking to him about playing next Year I can tell you right Here J KLEEMAN will play next year He has got about 4 clubs in mind and i can tell you that Barge's club And he tells me he wants to do a Pre Season

A good reliable source has told me that Darren Cresswell would put his name up for the coaching job at The Melbourne Football Club for season 2008 and beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bumped into Cary at KGV on the weekend actually (he's assistant coach of their under-19s team nowadays, I believe). great bloke :thumbsu:
Yep totally agree with that :thumbsu:
Got a lot of time for him, great player for both the Maggies and the Tigers in the TFL, and finished out his career at the 'Mont kicking bags in the Southern Ammo's - well respected by all clubs and by footy people in general.
Is the shitfight over that article quoted one of the reasons why he left the goal umpiring and field umpiring ranks and become 2IC at the Glenorchy 3's?

It's rumoured that Mole Creek will pull the pin this week on the Leven Association. Players have refused to play the Latrobe Saints again(2 more games) which is unacceptable to the association so from what I've heard they have decided to quit altogether.
After meeting with the Leven association again Mole Creek have agreed to continue playing with several conditions. One of which is that certain Latrobe Saints players (L.E one of them) are banned and that the two umpires are not used for their games again. The Creek had them by the s & c's so all their stipulations were agreed to. Like the_insider said You can't have an association with three teams>

ADAM DERBYSHIRE: An interesting sidelight to Today's reserve match North Launceston vs launceston was that injured Tassie Devils full forward Derbyshire was in fact playing in the reserves for Launie. Well he did not in fact play but was merely on the team sheet and walked on the ground and walked off again. Obviously to suit NTFL qualification regulations, he will in fact do it for the next two weeks also, while he is out with a hammy!

Is this in the spirit of the competetion? I thought he would be better served down at the devils match, supporting the players? Maybe he has spat the goo and jumped off the Cresswell Sinking Ship?

ADAM DERBYSHIRE: An interesting sidelight to Today's reserve match North Launceston vs launceston was that injured Tassie Devils full forward Derbyshire was in fact playing in the reserves for Launie. Well he did not in fact play but was merely on the team sheet and walked on the ground and walked off again. Obviously to suit NTFL qualification regulations, he will in fact do it for the next two weeks also, while he is out with a hammy!

Is this in the spirit of the competetion? I thought he would be better served down at the devils match, supporting the players? Maybe he has spat the goo and jumped off the Cresswell Sinking Ship?

How could one blame him for not being at Bellerive!!!!!! After watching that rubbish from the Devils.

Quarter time Devils 1-4 10 Bendigo 1-3-9

final scores Devils 49 Bendigo 145

I think its safe to say that they ran out of steam, may as well let them have a drink or two

Today's results - Home team in italics.
VFL - Round 12
{Full Time} Bendigo Bombers 22.13 (145) - Tasmania Devils 7.7 (49)

SFL Premier League - Round 12
{Full Time} Glenorchy 14.10 (94) - Kingborough 8.8 (56)
{Full Time} New Norfolk 28.18 (186) - Brighton 10.3 (63)
{Full Time} Clarence 24.13 (157) - Lauderdale 4.5 (29)
{Sun July 1} Hobart Lions - Nth Hobart

SFL Regional League - Round 12
{Full Time} Kermandie 16.13 (109) - Claremont 12.13 (85)
{Full Time} Cygnet 19.18 (132) - Sorell 15.10 (100)
{Full Time} Huonville Lions 47.29 (311) - Triabunna 4.4 (28)
{Full Time} Dodges Ferry 17.14 (116) - Channel 11.9 (75)
{Full Time} Lindisfarne 15.16 (106) - Central Hawks 14.10 (94)

NTFL - Round 14
{Full Time} Burnie Dockers 15.13 (103) - Wynyard 10.5 (65)
{Full Time} Sth Launceston 20.12 (132) - Penguin 10.13 (73)
{Full Time} Ulverstone 40.21 (261) - East Devonport 9.7 (61)
{Full Time} Devonport 27.18 (180) - Latrobe 9.14 (68)
{Full Time} Launceston 19.16 (130) - Nth Launceston 18.9 (117)

NTFA Division One - Round 11
{Full Time} Bracknell 19.10 (124) - Deloraine 15.11 (101)
{Full Time} Rocherlea 16.3 (99) - Hillwood 13.14 (92)
{Full Time} George Town 20.14 (134) - Bridgenorth 7.8 (50)
{Full Time} Longford 24.14 (158) - Scottsdale 7.9 (51)

NTFA Division Two - Round 12
{Full Time} Campbell Town 26.13 (169) - Old Launcestonians 8.16 (64)
{Full Time} Old Scotch 11.11 (77) - St Patrick's 9.4 (58)
{Full Time} Fingal Valley 26.20 (176) - Tamar Cats 7.5 (47)
{Full Time} Perth 16.17 (113) - Evandale 8.13 (61)

Today's results - Home team in italics.
VFL - Round 12
{Full Time} Bendigo Bombers 22.13 (145) - Tasmania Devils 7.7 (49)

SFL Premier League - Round 12
{Full Time} Glenorchy 14.10 (94) - Kingborough 8.8 (56)
{Full Time} New Norfolk 28.18 (186) - Brighton 10.3 (63)
{Full Time} Clarence 24.13 (157) - Lauderdale 4.5 (29)
{Sun July 1} Hobart Lions - Nth Hobart

SFL Regional League - Round 12
{Full Time} Kermandie 16.13 (109) - Claremont 12.13 (85)
{Full Time} Cygnet 19.18 (132) - Sorell 15.10 (100)
{Full Time} Huonville Lions 47.29 (311) - Triabunna 4.4 (28)
{Full Time} Dodges Ferry 17.14 (116) - Channel 11.9 (75)
{Full Time} Lindisfarne 15.16 (106) - Central Hawks 14.10 (94)

Hmmm, Glenorchy only 7 goal winners at KGV? Dodges winning by only 41 points? Was it a case of Channel showing some fight, or Dodges lacking in it? (Hopefully the Channel men can answer)

NTFL - Round 14
{Full Time} Burnie Dockers 15.13 (103) - Wynyard 10.5 (65)
{Full Time} Sth Launceston 20.12 (132) - Penguin 10.13 (73)
{Full Time} Ulverstone 40.21 (261) - East Devonport 9.7 (61)
{Full Time} Devonport 27.18 (180) - Latrobe 9.14 (68)
{Full Time} Launceston 19.16 (130) - Nth Launceston 18.9 (117)

NTFA Division One - Round 11
{Full Time} Bracknell 19.10 (124) - Deloraine 15.11 (101)
{Full Time} Rocherlea 16.3 (99) - Hillwood 13.14 (92)
{Full Time} George Town 20.14 (134) - Bridgenorth 7.8 (50)
{Full Time} Longford 24.14 (158) - Scottsdale 7.9 (51)

NTFA Division Two - Round 12
{Full Time} Campbell Town 26.13 (169) - Old Launcestonians 8.16 (64)
{Full Time} Old Scotch 11.11 (77) - St Patrick's 9.4 (58)
{Full Time} Fingal Valley 26.20 (176) - Tamar Cats 7.5 (47)
{Full Time} Perth 16.17 (113) - Evandale 8.13 (61)
NTFL Results fairly predictable, although Launceston lucky to walk away with the win after a 66 point lead at half time. 10 goals to 1 in the second quarter with some of the best attacking football you would want to watch. North fought back well, closed to 12 points in the last quarter, but just made some skill errors when it mattered.

Over the back, Campbell Town :eek:
I repeat for those that read Kingpin's post, that's no misprint, OL's didn't show up at all today...
Gotta admit though that the goal umpires take things a bit to hand though....

(NB: Remind me not to tip Deloraine again this year :D)

Saw him in the gear, I initally thought he was playing in the Seniors match...:confused:

Not the first time Launceston's done that though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back