Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful football match between Ross and Swansea from all reports.

There was a snippet in the paper today saying there was a bloke airlifted to hospital after being knocked unconscious up Swansea.......let me guess.....Greg Dare and co?......:rolleyes:. Darren Kaye was belted by them last year if I remember correctly.

Kean,Blight,Post,Delaney,Devine,Geappen,you would not be picking these players on form,past form of years gone by sure but not current form. Nick Paine,D,Archer,T James,R.Fielding,R,Belcher coming back from injury is finding good form,also J.Dienno from Lauderdale ,the rest I would say pretty spot on,but I am sure people will disagree with my inclusions so lets here about it ,great topic

Geappen has had it over 42 times the last two games, i would hardly call that average form!!

Actually if you go by the Gagebrook bit it sounds like a Ross player.

The runner from the opposition side went out and shoved a water bottle hard up into the nose of the player. Broke a piece of bone and shoved up into his brain.

Seems if it is touch and go whether he will survive.

The runner from the opposition side went out and shoved a water bottle hard up into the nose of the player. Broke a piece of bone and shoved up into his brain.

Well.....Swansea pretty much pay anyone who can be bothered to travel up there to play for them....and Ross also have a lot of bogans up there so it was 50/50 guess...Turns out I was wrong about which team the victim was from.

But I tell you, I wouldn't like to be in the Swansea runner's shoes at the moment.

Good to see "RAMPAGING RAY" tried desparately to put his mark on the Lauderdale V North Hobart game , the free kick count was a little onesided, but he will continue to cast his magic in the weeks too come.

Speaking to a couple of dee players today, free kick count was about 40 against and 20 for??? what the...
and as for old ray. is terrible. always will be terrible.
but i suppose. someone has to do it!!

Speaking to a couple of dee players today, free kick count was about 40 against and 20 for??? what the...
and as for old ray. is terrible. always will be terrible.
but i suppose. someone has to do it!!

i had the privalage of seeing razor ray in action on the weekend!!!! most putrid display i ahve ever seen!
when a side is up most of the day and have a lop sided count like that it seems something is a little odd!

Good to see "RAMPAGING RAY" tried desparately to put his mark on the Lauderdale V North Hobart game , the free kick count was a little onesided, but he will continue to cast his magic in the weeks too come.

Haha, Ray came to watch my game this afternoon, and I've umpired with him on numerous occasions.

Wondeful bloke, and a wonderful umpire, although on one end of the spectrum as far as what he'll take from players, as most of you should know.

Teams will have to get used to it, he'll be around for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devils on Saturday and lack of depth in Tassie

Before I get on my horse about the lack of depth in football in Tasmania a bit on the Devils.

Going into the Devils rooms after the game was like a funeral. Can't believe it was the same team that played Casey 3 weeks ago.

Ok a few big names out but they looked great till qtr time and then it was like they had no fire power. It's not that they didn't try though there were some dreadfull passages in the 4th qtr where they dropped their heads. Generally I thought they were at it 100% but they seem to have blokes playing out of position. Having no CHF is killing them.

Maybe something else is up?

This current Devils group at the minute are just kids. Sandy had big bodies with 100's of games under their belt.

Having said all that Bongetti needs to be dropped or sent packing. Played up like a baby and made a d...head of himself

We do sadly miss the bigger older bodies. Remember when they first started the had grown men playing for them. I'll never forget how good Craig Carter was, I never rated him in SWL but then he was Mr consistant in 2001/02. Trevina and Anthony Cole was solid, Blighty, Bucket, Careless, Buzz Howard.

Then there's Bartlett, Heatley at times, Jamie Cann was a seasoned player and a bloke called Matty Geappon, Ken Hall and Beams. The list goes on.

Oh yes Brad Davis was rather handy too. Is there an experienced 6 foot 5 bloke running around that could come in and do a job like he did? Nut. Big blokes are just not there in the state at this level. Why is that?

Are we seeing the real lack of depth this state now has being exposed. I think so.

Are we seeing the real effects of Soccer and Basketball finally make impact?

Think about it. How many people actually play football at senior level in Tasmania compared to 25 years ago? Maybe the numbers are 75% of what they were? 60%. What are the numbers? Kingpin go to the archives and get back to me on this one.

I remember as a kid on a cold frosty morning at Cambridge running up at 6AM getting the paper and then stocking up the fire and taking a good 30 minutes to read all the scores. It don't take that long any more.

It has to filter down from country footy through to the better comps through to the Devils. If there is less football being played then less kids will want to play it and so in the future there will be less talent!!!!!!!

AFL TAS can go on about participation rates of under 8's, I am talking about how many people play the game at senior level?

Can someone please answer this important question and can someone who runs the game please start to put things in place so that we don't lose any more clubs!

What can be done?

Well apparently the Devils are to be the focus of drafting in this state into the AFL, so that's why all the kids are there...with hopefully their very own statewide comp to boost the standard, allegedly...it's like they're trying to turn the Devils into something else...like - the Mariners!

Ok, excuse the sarcasm, a SW league probably would trim the fat a bit, but I've always argued that the cost is too great - financially as well as supporter passion - and once this kicks in it doesn't matter how good Clarence and North are, because you'll see 4-6 other teams in the same comp who are worse than the dregs in the worst beer your worst nightmare ever conjured up...

You could always get the photo of the jumper from Mero's footy jumper site, and print it out and have someone make it. Mero's site is www.footyjumpers.com

If you go to vflfooty.com, you'll see a thread where a bunch of them are trying to get enough names to put forward to the guernsey manufacturing company who make the official Vic VFL jumper (they want the VFL one, not the AFL version)...apparently they need 10 people to make it happen...

If the Map can't be found in stores, I'll put my name down here as signature number 1 and we'll get our own...any takers...?

If you go to vflfooty.com, you'll see a thread where a bunch of them are trying to get enough names to put forward to the guernsey manufacturing company who make the official Vic VFL jumper (they want the VFL one, not the AFL version)...apparently they need 10 people to make it happen...

If the Map can't be found in stores, I'll put my name down here as signature number 1 and we'll get our own...any takers...?

Gibbke, I will aks at AFL TAS today but gee I would love one.

I reckon I could get them in and sell a heap mate. Duff TV goes retail?!

No probe into footy incident
BRETT STUBBS
May 19, 2008 12:00am
POLICE have called off an investigation into an incident in the Swansea-Ross Oatlands District Football Association match on Saturday that saw a player airlifted to hospital.
Police Inspector Glen Woolley said police were called to Swansea Oval where they found a Ross play unconscious and convulsing on the ground.

The officers then arranged for an Air Ambulance to transport the player to Hobart.

"It seems there were a number of incidents on the field during the course of the game involving players from both clubs, including the injured person, and a runner from one of the clubs," Insp Woolley said.

"The injured person was flown to Hobart and released himself from the hospital.

"As such there has been no formal complaint of assault made so there is no police investigation at this stage."

Insp Woolley would not release the name of the injured player only to say he was a 31-year-old man from Gagebrook.

Umpires decided to call the game off with Swansea leading by 18 points and seven minutes to play.
http://www.news.com.au/mercury/story/0,22884,23721047-13222,00.html

Well wasn't I fed a steaming pile of horsecrap.

The original story was that he was hit by a bottle and kept playing before going into convulsions. This required the helicopter.

Sounds a bit more plausible than the shit I swallowed.

I you guys do find out I will be in it for th map guernsey. I live in canberra so I will need them to post mine. thanks for your help. Footy is looking good down south atm. hopefully it doesn't go statewide

I you guys do find out I will be in it for th map guernsey. I live in canberra so I will need them to post mine. thanks for your help. Footy is looking good down south atm. hopefully it doesn't go statewide

I just spoke to a high profile SFL player who said to me he was doubtfull he and fellow others of his age would be up for the new SWL.

I therefore ask the question again (4th time) what do the players want?

The question must be asked that if a truck load of high quality players are out then what's the point?

It could well be a Kindergarten League. Does the public want that?

He also said it (The SFL) was pretty good the way it was?

Some serious questions need to be answered.

I can get my hands on The MAP jumpers. Need a min order of X.

I will find out costs ASAP.

seems you were a little off on your prediction of the evandale v mowbray game
the dale' in a thriller....you beauty

Hey mate, the only reason why I tipped Uni was cause of their impressive showing against OL's the week before. And Evandale did go all right to get the points, but Uni-Mowbray were horrible and from reports I heard, Evandale SHOULD HAVE WON BY 10 GOALS PLUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back