Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening in to Magic today to hear that informative young chap give us the final scores, about to walk away when he gave us this ......

"That's pretty much wraps things up here at Deloraine and ... I'll see you all next week!"

See you all next week?

Ah Chump, you're on the radio!

You ain't gonna see any of us!

I was listening in to Magic today to hear that informative young chap give us the final scores, about to walk away when he gave us this ......

"That's pretty much wraps things up here at Deloraine and ... I'll see you all next week!"

See you all next week?

Ah Chump, you're on the radio!

You ain't gonna see any of us!

Your not related to my sister are you?? That's the sort of thing she'd say/whinge about!!
WOW Barge, I said something out of context/unusual, sadly that's what happens when it's unscripted!
I think you knew precisely what I meant to say there...

Your not related to my sister are you?? That's the sort of thing she'd say/whinge about!!
WOW Barge, I said something out of context/unusual, sadly that's what happens when it's unscripted!
I think you knew precisely what I meant to say there...

You don't mean to say that was YOU?!

You're telling me you're "Mr Magic"?

You don't mean to say that was YOU?!

You're telling me you're "Mr Magic"?

Why the shock Barge??

So I stuffed up Barge, christ call the Royal Commission and launch the enquiry (they have enquiries on everything these days!!) Launch a media article "The Crisis of the North" or some f*****ing dribble, like I won't be losing any sleep over it! And like I said, I'm sure 99% of those that listened properly knew what I meant!

I saw that too Barge. I mean heard that too. Getting pretty upset for someone who "won't loose any sleep over it". Sook!

May I ask what has occured in the last 24 hours that has ruffled your feathers?

Let's say...I've been the victim of a few hurtful practical jokes and I've even had death threats...how's that for an answer! Plus one of my personal idols passed away recently, so yeah, hopefully that explains it!

And dickie, me sooking?? What Barge is pointing out is that f****ing trivial it's just not an issue IMO, and hasn't been for the last say...3 years, why is it such an issue this week??

Let's say...I've been the victim of a few hurtful practical jokes and I've even had death threats...how's that for an answer! Plus one of my personal idols passed away recently, so yeah, hopefully that explains it!

Sorry to hear about that.

And dickie, me sooking?? What Barge is pointing out is that f****ing trivial it's just not an issue IMO, and hasn't been for the last say...3 years, why is it such an issue this week??

Slow day, little things amuse small minds?

They did win Round 3 at North Hobart (150-72), Round 10 at Bellerive (137-83), narrowly lost Round 17 at HQ (79-89) and the Prelim at HQ (134-97).

Not saying it's impossible for North, but at the same time I wouldn't want to get on the North bandwagon after 1 win over the ladder leaders.
North's record at Bellerive is "respectable" but not brilliant, similar to their records at Boyer and KGV.

will you be getting on Norths bandwagon after there win over clarence?
and looking at the fixture they should win the next 4 games!

Slow day, little things amuse small minds?

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

If I knew the answer, I'd deliver it, but I proberly be lacking in diplomacy skills.

Glory Man - North's last 3 weeks on the road were certainly a great effort. Certainly a lot to like about their performances, especially when they defeated N/Norfolk, Clarence and Glenorchy away from HQ where their record has not been the best in the past.
And yep, they are now 7-3, and huge chance to be 11-3 with a month to go. Only "sustained" test in the next 4 weeks of any description would come from Hobart. Kingborough at the Beach is a testy trip but shouldn't pose too much problem, Lauderdale lacked a lot of consistency against Brighton, have a habit of challenging against North Hobart which is their opponent in three games time.
There is lot's to like mate, without doubt! Maybe enough to see me walking up the main streets of North Hobart in a Demons guernsey?? Possibly...:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Directors cut

duff what has happened to the directors cuts you were doing for the premier league? hasnt been one since round 6, quite enjoyed them

Thanks for that. Nice to get positive feedback. I simply ran out of energy doing this for Zip. It took a good 12-15 hours just doing something so basic as it was and well as much as I love it all I have had to put it to bed for a while. It was good to do and I think it set a style which we can build on later but for now I need to make money and so are doing other projects.

Ken and I may get it back up heading back into the finals but unless the League or clubs come on board well these sorts of things will always be ideas only.

Its pretty frustrating for me because there are so many stories within any team that runs out on the park.

Look out for the Directors Cut come start of the finals.

Round 10 Regional Huonville v Kermandie here http://dufftv.com.au/?p=156
Round 9 Dodges v Sorell here http://dufftv.com.au/?p=140

Speaking to a realiable source last night a ex devils coach was spotted at the Royal Ascot Races the other day and was jumping for joy when a ex aussie horse saluted!!

Speaking to a realiable source last night a ex devils coach was spotted at the Royal Ascot Races the other day and was jumping for joy when a ex aussie horse saluted!!

And we wonder who that ex coach might have been?? Couldn't have been a recent one...no surely not :rolleyes:

Anyway below are the tips for the weekend's action:

SFL Premier League Round 11
Brighton v Kingborough at Pontville (Brighton by 10)
- The winner to avoid the spoon, Brighton at home might be able to break a very long losing streak!

North Hobart v Hobart at North Hobart Oval (North Hobart by 74)
- North are red hot, Hobart are unpredictable. The Dee's look to be big winners!

Glenorchy v Lauderdale at KGV (Glenorchy by 145)
- Last week one of the worst showings by Lauderdale this season, not ideal preparation for a clash with the ladder leaders!

New Norfolk v Clarence at Boyer (Clarence by 63)
- Clarence on the rebound are not a side you want to face at all! Eagles in for another torrid time!
Ladder: Glenorchy 34, North Hobart 28, Hobart 28, Clarence 24, Lauderdale 22, New Norfolk 16, Kingborough 4, Brighton 4

SFL Regional League Round 12

Sorell v Claremont at Pembroke Park (Claremont by 11)
- Both teams desperate to get into the five, but Claremont might have too much for the Eagles to handle!

Channel v Cygnet at Snug Park (Cygnet by 55)
- Only because Cygnet are better than Channel, I hope..

Dodges Ferry v Kermandie at Shark Park (Dodges by 9)
- Dodges looking the goods and surprising all this season, Kermandie lurking, but not the best record at Shark Park

Triabunna v Central Hawks at The Bunna (Triabunna by 24)
- The Bunna might spring a surprise again, a honourable loss to Claremont last week. Hawks can't put any scoreboard pressure on at all...

Lindisfarne v Huonville at ANZAC Park (Lindisfarne by 76)
- Lindisfarne are humming along, while Huonville tend to fold in the big matches. 12 from 12 for the Two Blues!

Ladder: Lindisfarne 44, Dodges 32, Claremont 32, Huonville 28, Kermandie 28, Sorell 24, Hawks 16, Triabunna 12, Cygnet 4, Channel 0

NTFL Round 13
East Devonport v Burnie at Girdlestone Park (Burnie by 115)
- Shouldn't pose too much problem for Burnie, Easts will throw a lot at them early but the Dockers should steady after that.

Penguin v Latrobe at Pirtek Oval (Latrobe by 160)
- Got no faith in Penguin getting within 100, if they lose by 80 to Wynyard, than what will they dish up here?

Launceston v Wynyard at Windsor Park (Launceston by 210)
- Hope I'm wrong in the margin, but the Cats might be target practice for the ladder leaders

South L'ton v Smithton at Youngtown (South by 16)
- Game of the round, with the winner to get into the five. South to be fresh after the bye and do the job on the Saints

Ulverstone v North L'ton at Victoria Street, Sunday (Ulverstone by 74)
- Ulverstone wounded by a savage Burnie outfit, could be nasty for North, who will start Sunday out of the top 5.
Bye - Devonport
Ladder: Launceston 44, Burnie 36, Ulverstone 32, North L'ton 24, Smithton 24, Latrobe 24, South L'ton 20, Devonport 20, Penguin 8, East D'port 4, Wynyard 4

NTFA Division One Round 11
Hillwood v Deloraine at Hillwood (Deloraine by 22)
- Deloraine should do enough to see of any major Hillwood threat

Bridgenorth v Scottsdale at Parrot Park (Bridgenorth by 16)
- A bit of confidence does wonders, at home they might prove too much for the up and down Maggies

George Town v Bracknell at Blue Gum Park (George Town by 44)
- Bracknell have been in top form at home, but the Saints are too talented and tough, easy win here.

Rocherlea v Longford at Rocherlea (Longford by 9)
- A match that can go either way, but Longford might prove a bit too good

Ladder: George Town 36, Longford 32, Rocherlea 24, Bracknell 20, Scottsdale 16, Deloraine 16, Bridgenorth 16, Hillwood 0

NTFA Division Two Round 10
OL's v Fingal at Invermay Park (Fingal by 175)
- Fingal in red hot form, OL's are really struggling! Potential for top spot if the Valley Boys can crank up the margin!

Evandale v Tamar Cats at Morven Park (Tamar by 100)
- Similar to previous comment above. Evandale improved last week against Scotch, but Tamar in full filght?? Could be tough!

St Pats v Perth at The Beach (St Pats by 1)
- This ground has claimed Fingal and Tamar Cats this season and very nearly Old Scotch. Perth will be looking for a better start to get over the Saints.

Uni-Mowbray v Old Scotch at The Campus (Scotch by 37)
- Scotch look to have too much, but if they underestimate the Uni boys, it might be a tough day!

Ladder: Old Scotch 28, Fingal 28, Tamar Cats 24, Perth 24, St Pats 20, Uni-Mowbray 8, Evandale 8, OL's 4

And guys, I wont be doing my Saturday spiel of a night for the next couple of weeks, as I'm in Hobart and Devonport and won't be near a computer...looks like someone will need to step up to the plate :thumbsu:

I think you have got that one wrong old mate. Glenorchy by 10 goals.

Curran is out and did Glenn get suspended?

I think you have got that one wrong old mate. Glenorchy by 10 goals.

Curran is out and did Glenn get suspended?

Nothing about Glenn on the Sportingpulse Tribunal page.
Duff, Lauderdale stumbled to a 12 point win over the Robins. That's not exactly the sort of form you want to take into a match against the ladder leaders. If the Bomber's were a little more convincing in disposing Brighton then I might have given them a chance. Besides the last 5 outings at KGV have resulted in some thrashings! I don't think that Lauderdale have kicked more than 10 goals against the Maggies at KGV ever??

And I don't think the loss of Curran will be too much of a deterrant.

"And I don't think the loss of Curran will be too much of a deterrant.[/quote]

I have filmed two of those beltings at KGV over the years.

The more average sides always struggle on big grounds. Was their draw at home in Round 4 http://dufftv.com.au/?p=132 partly to do with the smaller ground?

They have improved a great deal but this will be the true test of where Lauderdale are really at.

I have filmed two of those beltings at KGV over the years.

The more average sides always struggle on big grounds. Was their draw at home in Round 4 http://dufftv.com.au/?p=132 partly to do with the smaller ground?

They have improved a great deal but this will be the true test of where Lauderdale are really at.

They sort of remind me a bit of Smithton this Lauderdale outfit. They play very well at home (barring their poor showing against Brighton) but seem to struggle away.

Maybe it was a little bit of Glenorchy expecting to get the job done over there with ease that contributed to the tie?? Mind you, last season Lauderdale did beat Clarence at home (although under lights)...

Certainly be there for Week 1 finals, can't see the Eagles launching a strong challenge (unless they somehow fire up against the Roo's)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back