Votes: 270 85.4%
  • Tasmanian Tigers

Votes: 27 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The mappers

There new uniform ,

DSCN1550.jpg

Depends really, would people want Tasmania? or a town/city withing Tasmania? as the name.

I would prefer Hobart personally. But with that Hobart Devils just doesn't have the same ring to it as Tasmanian Devils.

I agree. The new team shouldn't be called Tasmania. I have thought of the following options:

Hobart Braves
Launceston Warriors
Devonport Raiders
The Islanders
Southern Devils
Nah, call them Hobart/Southern no one north of Campbell Town will support them, call them Launceston no one in the south will support them, call them Devonport and... well have you ever been to Devonport? No chance of having a team there, ever. To get united support form the whole state they would have to be called Tasmania similar to how the Eagles opted for West Coast instead of Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

after everyone responding to my question with some great nicknames for the Tassie AFL team. i like many of them including:

Devils
Titans
Pirates
Van Demons
Mariners
Warriors
Timberwolves
Islanders
Dragons

I like the Timberwolves and devils the best. But the Titans and Warriors sound good aswell. I cant decide so im posting a new thread on the nicknames we all chose on the expansion board. please vote!

Tasmanian Gunns ... face it Gunns will own most of tassie sooner or later

If basing it on wildlife, how about the Tasmanian Scrubtits? :D (the scrubtit is only found in the tassie rainforest)

Remove this Banner Ad

TAS Tassie team nickname

Back