Tayla Harris just got immortalised with a Bronze Statue....

Remove this Banner Ad

Its just Art.... why are people getting their knickers in a twist? An Artist was inspired to create something from something they saw and then made it....

It's not a commissioned piece going up next to other great AFL statues outside the MCG.

Everyone needs to calm down.
A bank gave someone money to make a statue of something very particular that the bank wanted as a cheap marketing stunt. That is all this is.

Okay, i'm at the point where it's stopped being funny and has now become deeply concerning and sad.

Let me make this perfectly clear for those who don't get it:

The statue is not about Harris' footballing ability, it is about what she represents in women sports.

No one is surprised that middle aged bogan men are uninspired. This is because the statue is not for you. For once, future generations of women will have something that inspires and encourages them to participate in women's football and Harris will be recognized as one of the great pioneers of AFLW.

So pay for a statue.

That's not the point.

The point is certain elements spinning a tale that only in recent history have women come to the fore.

It's a load of garbage swallowed up by those too stupid to buy the spin.

By the way, Joyce Barry champion cyclist was also Australia's first female tram driver.

This has been a prime example of why political discourse is such a s**t show, majority of people havent said anything about being against a female statue being dedicated to inspire females and bring attention to womens sports, they've had a problem with this token statue when people more deserving haven't had a look in. People clap like seals but can't see this is an advertisement grab with no sincerity towards the goal, if you want real change don't support crap like this and call it out for what it is.
It’s just a statue.

Why are you upset?

That's not the point.

The point is certain elements spinning a tale that only in recent history have women come to the fore.

It's a load of garbage swallowed up by those too stupid to buy the spin.

By the way, Joyce Barry champion cyclist was also Australia's first female tram driver.
So pay for a statue.

Okay, i'm at the point where it's stopped being funny and has now become deeply concerning and sad.

The statue is not about Harris' footballing ability, it is about what she represents in women sports.

No one is surprised that middle aged bogan men are uninspired. This is because the statue is not for you. For once, future generations of women will have something that inspires and encourages them to participate in women's football and Harris will be recognized as one of the great pioneers of AFLW.

So it's not about her sporting ability yet at the same time she's a pioneer of a sport in AFLW? Lol. Ok.

The statue is about one thing only: standing up to a bunch of horny school boys who made sexual comments about her on the internet.

Most women don't need a statue to be inspired and nor do they need male feminists to pedal support for them. Females will make their own way in sport. Let's just step out of the way and let them find their own path. Ffs they aren't disabled. True equality would mean not needing a statue to inspire generations.

Last edited:
Copied from some random on Reddit.

"Why does Tayla Harris get a statue" - because NAB paid for it.
"Why does the AFLW get a statue after only 3 seasons?" - Because NAB paid for it.
"Why doesn't (insert male player here) get a statue?" - Because NAB didnt pay for it
"Why doesnt Erin Phillips have a statue?" - Because NAB are based in Melbourne, it makes no sense to have an Adelaide player statue in Melbourne - and Nab paid for it.
"Whos dick do i have to suck to get a statue of my favourite player?" - NAB

Lovely personal insult when you cant actual argue against what someone said, I have no problem with a FEMALE statue so don't sprout bulls**t I never said. I have problem with it's token nature its harmful to its cause pick and celebrate a female people can really aspire to. When you look at a statue it should tell a story and invoke emotion and a tale, can you say this statue does that in any way?
It does not have to tell a story. Your placing your own limits on it.

Sorry i must have missed reading the rule book for making statues hahahahaha.

It is art and it has to evoke emotion which it has done perfectly .
Hahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's 'just a statue', one would assume you would be comfortable in it being removed if the makers decided they no longer wanted it up.
I don’t care. I don’t own it.

This is one of those things you can use to do a quick test of whether you have a functioning brain or not.

If you get mad or offended by such an iconic moment being immortalised then you are a total moron whose ability to think deeply is akin to a puddle.
'im so smart I came up with a children's insult to argue my point'

You lost me at “great pioneers of AFLW” which unfortunately was at the very end.

Not surprised you of all people OP get outraged over a random statue some random artist has made and go on some deluded political rant about lefties and do gooders.

Do some research next time before going on your silly little rant.

Some sculptor decided to make a statue of her. Why are you acting like it was decided on and made by the same people that would make a statue for Cathy Freeman or some other notable female?

Anyone can make a statue if they like. There is no law against it. I find it ridiculous they’d make one of her, clearly after a bit of publicity.

Talk about a crazy overreaction OP.

Wasn't it just some guy who decided to make it. Doubt there was any voting or a committee deciding on who the next statue should be. He might decide to make one of Cam McCarthy next, it means squat to me personally but good on anyone who wants to get all symbolic about it.
Yep. But don’t let that get in the way of the OP’s rant about the world being ruined by do gooders and left wing media.

Absolutely laughable overreaction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tayla Harris just got immortalised with a Bronze Statue....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back