News Taylor Adams coming to Pies? Hine: "Yeah, I think so"

What do you reckon about this drawn out trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 drumstick. We should tell Cameron to stick his Cornetto even if it is chocolate

I don't trust him anyway. I bet he bites the bottom bit off before he trades

Hine on trade radio says the hold up has been that GWS have been dealing with other trades and so have we.

From what he says I'd say we will talk to GWS about the trade again over the next few days, but he sounds confident it will get done.

Hine just answered "I think so" to whether Shaw/Adams swap will happen.

Hine on trade radio says the hold up has been that GWS have been dealing with other trades and so have we.

From what he says I'd say we will talk to GWS about the trade again over the next few days, but he sounds confident it will get done.

Hine just answered "I think so" to whether Shaw/Adams swap will happen.
Also alluded to picking up other players aged 21/22. Obviously, Adams and Karnezis but could be a surprise?

Thats saying something considering todays day and age. Most managers/officials would baulk at that usually

Hine alluded that another player may be involved in the Adams/Shaw deal, so maybe we are giving away a fringe player as part of the deal, I'd be ok with that as long as we keep pick 6 and 10.

Hine alluded that another player may be involved in the Adams/Shaw deal, so maybe we are giving away a fringe player as part of the deal, I'd be ok with that as long as we keep pick 6 and 10.
I took that as meaning they asked what Collingwood wanted for Shaw and he said it's not that simple as there's another player involved, being Adams. Just my take though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I took that as meaning they asked what Collingwood wanted for Shaw and he said it's not that simple as there's another player involved, being Adams. Just my take though.
Yeah I didn't hear him mention about any other player involved in the trade.
Did have a good laugh when Wallace was talking about his trading process when he was coach...

I don't think he meant another player in that context..I think he was referring to Adams as the other player.

I don't think he meant another player in that context..I think he was referring to Adams as the other player.

Yeah I got that part, I was suggesting that Hine intended that the deal wasn't going to be a straight swap and that there's still some negotiating to do.

Can't see GWS giving up anything else, in fact they probably want something else or the deal would have been done already.

We don't have any picks to trade any more (we aren't giving them 6 or 10) so therefore a player from the Pies along with Shaw is the most likely outcome.

Does something like this work for you .... I think I had read GWS were trying to grab a first rounder out of you to go with Shaw to give up Adams.. Basically is an 8 pick slide back down the order (5 pick slide really as Norths pick is committed, one of the picks is committed, and it sounds like you and West Coast may already know who they intend to pick at 11)

Port: 14 -> GWS for 21 + 22
GWS: 14 + Adams -> Collingwood for Shaw and 6
Port: 22 -> Brisbane for Polec

We don't have any picks to trade any more (we aren't giving them 6 or 10) so therefore a player from the Pies along with Shaw is the most likely outcome.
See I didn't get this impression at all...I thought he alluded to a straight swap pretty much saying that both parties have had other deals to contend with so they have parked this one for now.

Oh well, we will see in the next coming days.

Collingwood's national talent manager, Derek Hine, tells trade radio what we've known for some time; the Taylor Adams/Heath Shaw trade will get done before the deadline at 2pm Friday, it's just a matter of the Pies and the Giants sitting down and fleshing out a deal that's best for both parties.

That sounds even more confident than just "Yeah, I think so", but I missed the interview so not sure if they're taking some liberties with that.

Does something like this work for you .... I think I had read GWS were trying to grab a first rounder out of you to go with Shaw to give up Adams.. Basically is an 8 pick slide back down the order (5 pick slide really as Norths pick is committed, one of the picks is committed, and it sounds like you and West Coast may already know who they intend to pick at 11)

No. Have heard similar version of this with pick 10 instead of 6. Can't see us giving up 6 and wouldn't want to give up 10 in it's place in your suggested deal. Think GWS would also not go for this as they are likely to need 4 to 7 picks in the draft and their current 5th is round 5.

I don't think pick 6 is going anywhere.

I was just about to flick that pesky little insect off my screen :p

This is terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back