Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, that‘s disappointing and a little surprising but what can you do? Take the cap space and the trade benefit and move on, we won the premiership without him so it won’t leave a gaping hole.

Puts a different context on his reaction to missing the grand final and then his tears post game, he obviously knew he was leaving and had already made his decision. Moving on after being a premiership player is much different to moving on after coming so close. Can’t really see Sydney getting there in the next 3 years.

Reading between the lines in the Club statement re Adams, I think they’ll play hardball.
As we should. He’s still contracted.
He’s clearly spat the dummy over some things. His move away from being main inside mid. Reality is, he wasn’t good enough. We needed Titch to win this flag.
Then Nick moving to the midfield pushes him out further.
But he’s not the heart and soul player everyone claims. If he truly was, he would have accepted a different role in the club and remained in his leadership position. Where’s the loyalty.

Well, that‘s disappointing and a little surprising but what can you do? Take the cap space and the trade benefit and move on, we won the premiership without him so it won’t leave a gaping hole.

Puts a different context on his reaction to missing the grand final and then his tears post game, he obviously knew he was leaving and had already made his decision. Moving on after being a premiership player is much different to moving on after coming so close. Can’t really see Sydney getting there in the next 3 years.
According to the AFL website, Adams is a gun! 😂

Tay is my spirit animal, so this really hurts.
I’m grateful for all you have given us Tay Tay, but you’ve made a hell of a mistake.
Don’t take it too hard when you’re watching us on TV winning another flag.

Adams has done whatever the coaches have asked for him and always at 100%.

He has a right to seek the best opportunity to advance his career as he sees fit.

I won't be villainising him, there will always be a soft spot for Tay.

Look forward to thrashing Sydney (by 3 pts) when we next play them.

He’s clearly spat the dummy over some things. His move away from being main inside mid. Reality is, he wasn’t good enough. We needed Titch to win this flag.
But he’s not the heart and soul player everyone claims. If he truly was, he would have accepted a different role in the club and remained in his leadership position. Where’s the loyalty.

Players get spat out of clubs in an instant (see Treloar), but a player who seeks security and a clearer role is disloyal and 'spitting the dummy'?

Righto.

Adams has done whatever the coaches have asked for him and always at 100%.

He has a right to seek the best opportunity to advance his career as he sees fit.

I won't be villainising him, there will always be a soft spot for Tay.

Look forward to thrashing Sydney (by 3 pts) when we next play them.
I reckon we’ll come out well on top after this trade. It mightn’t be evident right away, but it will be an absolute win over time. Adams doesn’t have much left in the tank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let him go, he's been a great player for the club, albeit with flaws. But I think he knows his time is up.

Great opportunity for Finn to put in a massive preseason and work on his ball handling skills and make the next step.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Players get spat out of clubs in an instant (see Treloar), but a player who seeks security and a clearer role is disloyal and 'spitting the dummy'?

Righto.
Those decisions are for the greater good of the club (cap space to get required players). Not decisions made on a personal basis.

This supposed clubman is only acting with himself in mind. The club considers him as required. He’s been made a leader. Vice captain. They’ve valued him. But for the greater good of the club, and his limitations, his role has changed. They’ve not pushed him out. He wants to leave. So yes, disloyal.

Some are being harsh on Adams. He gave us everything for the best part of a decade. Was absolutely dedicated to our cause.

If he can squeeze another three years out of his career, and the salary that comes with it, who can blame him? Love the guy and wish him all the best.

Those decisions are for the greater good if the club. Not decisions made on a personal basis.

This supposed clubman is only acting with himself in mind. The club considers him as required. He’s been made a leader. Vice captain. They’ve valued him. But for the greater good of the club, and his limitations, his role has changed. They’ve not pushed him out. He wants to leave. So yes, disloyal.
Unless you were at his exit interview you’re hypothesising on the reasons. There could be any number of reasons he’s choosing to leave. Why demonise someone who’s been a valuable contributor to our club over his time with us?

He’s getting a proposed 3 year contract with Sydney. If I was aged 30 with a history of soft tissue injuries, I’d take it and run. Swans are also in the premiership window.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Those decisions are for the greater good if the club. Not decisions made on a personal basis.

Views like these are why so many players have nothing but contempt for the average supporter.

I'll presume you've watched Adams over the years and what he has given on the football field, but it is evidently a level of commitment you can't comprehend.

A club can deem a player as 'required', but it only means required on the terms and conditions of the club, which are often unacceptable to a player.

Unless you deny footballers the right to negotiate and act in their own interest, loyalty has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Adams will always be considered a great servant of the club; the rest of us are just leaves to the breeze.

He’s getting a proposed 3 year contract with Sydney. If I was aged 30 with a history of soft tissue injuries, I’d take it and run.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If you’re that way inclined. Sure.

Not everything is about money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back