Taz Deal Done? (Now Confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Taz Deal Done? (Not Confirmed)

Are any of those picks a gold coast compensation that can be used when ever over the next few years?

Answered already, keeping out for the 43 is some kind of win.

Why the fk did we fold - very dissappointed with Freo over this - they were making all the right noises but to do this last minute acceptance of crap consideration :mad: - we got done on the Tarrant lying scum trade.

Going to be some rifts in-house at Freo on this one.

What is the point of a one pick upgrade?

If it's a compensatory pick (which I'm not sure it is) then it is a pick at the end of the 2nd round which ends up being pick 43 this year but we can hold onto it until the 2012 draft and it'll end up being pick 37-38.

What do you guys think about the way tarrant refused to go anywhere bar collingwood??? Tha AFL need to do something to ensure players are not able to dictate terms so directly. i'd say a football ban should apply to any player who would refuse to play at a club when drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shit trade, but not much else we could do. And Tarrant is an even shitter bloke, I hope he never plays again and Reid/Brown keep him out of the side. I don't blame Collingwood all that much, sure they had something to do with it, but it basically comes down to Tarrant being an arseh*le.

If it's a compensatory pick (which I'm not sure it is) then it is a pick at the end of the 2nd round which ends up being pick 43 this year but we can hold onto it until the 2012 draft and it'll end up being pick 37-38.

I've posted the same thing, but I'm not sure if it is one of those 'party picks' or not :confused:.

chris bond just said that it fits in with our overall strategy, so keep the war in mind rather than the tit-for-tat of the draft battle.

we get an earlier pick which is the point.

by the way how is it tarrant one of the best full backs in the league is only worth pick 55 and an unknown in cam richardson is worth pick 35 :confused: we got shafted here

Forget the compromised draft and the fact that we were dealing with the Pies, what stitched us up was the veterans list. The fact that Collingwood could offer him so much more money than anyone else meant that we were always going to get a bad deal.

May need to correct me if I am wrong guys but here is what I think we gain/lose overall in trade week:

Trade 1: Fremantle gains Faulks + Pick 61 for Pick 55
Trade 2: Fremantle gain Mzungu + Pick 44 for Pick 38
Trade 3: Fremantle gain Griffin for Pick 61
Trade 4: Fremantle gain Picks 43 + 55 for Tarrant + Pick 44

So overall:

Gain: Faulks, Mzungu, Griffin and Pick 43
Lose: Pick 38 and Tarrant.

Is this correct? or have I missed something here.... Pretty good week if im right!

I've posted the same thing, but I'm not sure if it is one of those 'party picks' or not :confused:.

Looking at what we have (picks 20, 43 and 55) I reckon it's irrelevant because we're not going to pass on 43 in a strong draft to move up half a dozen spots in 2 years time. Surely we'll use 3 picks this year?

The third round compensation pick (for Fraser) has just been traded to WC for a straigt pick this year, so I don't think that pick 43 is a party pick.

EDIT: Soz Dom, just missed your post. Yea, seems like it would be irrelevant because we'd likely use it eitherway ... what is our pick after 55, that's more the question?

72? Did we trade it, if not keeping 43 for a season or two is at least an option.

The radio keeps claiming 43 is compo but I cant see where in the trades it came from GC looks like Collingewood started with it. It's a lean trade but considering our position I'm not that unhappy with it and it tops of a very good trade week for us.

Someone here who follows it more closely than me reckons it's a bit more than 43 for 44 suggests as 43 is a 2nd rounder and 44 a 3rd rounder and so all the GC compensation picks go in between 43-->44

so better for Freo(if this is correct)

Remove this Banner Ad

Taz Deal Done? (Now Confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back