team for 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to see Hendo play on at least one established key forward - or at least a genuinely promising young gun - before I slot him in for round 1. Presumably, he'll get his turn on one of Lloyd, Gumbleton or Neagle next game which I think will tell us a lot more.

That's true, but Voss seems determined to find a new CHB. He also has the luxury of experimenting a little because Patfull can cover if things go wrong.

We have plenty of KPP so we could afford to groom a new CHB. Patfull being the third defender will be a lot more damaging and would ease the workload on Drummond.

If one of Roe/Tyler/Lachie could hold down the CHB, we will have a nice spread in JMac, Drummond and Patfull providing us the rebound.

We have plenty of KPP so we could afford to groom a new CHB. Patfull being the third defender will be a lot more damaging and would ease the workload on Drummond.

If one of Roe/Tyler/Lachie could hold down the CHB, we will have a nice spread in JMac, Drummond and Patfull providing us the rebound.

I reckon Lachie will hold down that CHB position, with the JMac and Drummond playing a dual QB combination along the half back line (I find myself getting excited about this idea:eek:). Hopefully Roe and co. can step up this year.

That's true, but Voss seems determined to find a new CHB. He also has the luxury of experimenting a little because Patfull can cover if things go wrong.
I have no issue with Vossy's approach to our back half. We would be a better side with 1 more key defender. But if Hendo gets taken to the cleaners by someone like Gumbleton, it might change Vossy's plans.

I was impressed with Polkinghorn playing a forwards role. His hands were strong in the marking contest and he had the built to get to that ball, he looked strong around the ground. He played the leading half forward role well against the Saints.

Agree Polkinghorn is starting to come on nicely. Black, Rich, Proud and Polks as our tough inside mids is tantalising.

What did everything think of Hawksleys game? I know it's early days so i'm not going to hang him out to dry but i'm just not sold on him yet. Sherman on the other hand - i think he's been overtaken and will struggle to get a game this year. He was rubbish saturday night.

I have no issue with Vossy's approach to our back half. We would be a better side with 1 more key defender. But if Hendo gets taken to the cleaners by someone like Gumbleton, it might change Vossy's plans.

Think having both Henderson and Clark will provide us with the Leppa/Bradshaw flexibility in the long run. Hendo to learn the backline craft with Clark as the third tall. If things go south, swap roles and Clark to the backline.

Clark is not a proven defender, but from what I saw last season he showed a lot more physicality and mongrel when he was part of our backline. IMO He will be more than willing to hassle and unsettle the opposition forward compared to Lachie.

Remove this Banner Ad

team for 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back