HF: D. Polo M. Richardson K. Pettifer
F: R. Tambling N. Brown A. Krakouer
R/R: T. Simmonds, K. Johnson, N. Foley

INT: A. Pattison, J. Schulz, M. White, K. Moore

Emergency: J. Oakley-Nicholls, D. Meyer, D. Rodan

IN: Moore
OUT: JON

Nice young centre line named as well.

I thought Rodan was out of the picture but maybe not.

moore would want to make a mark in this game, because he might not get another chance. rodan will probably play some games before years end.

TheBacko said:
moore would want to make a mark in this game, because he might not get another chance. rodan will probably play some games before years end.

D-rod hasn't exactly been going that well in the two's so I wouldn't pencil him
for some senior games just yet.

From the demons site:

Wheatley in for Tigers clash
6:00:00 PM Thu 13 July, 2006
MELBOURNEfc

Paul Wheatley has been selected in the Demons line-up for tomorrow night's huge clash against the Tigers at the MCG. Wheatley hasn't played for Melbourne since straining a hamstring in round five against the Kangaroos.

Wheatley has returned through VFL affiliate side, Sandringham, where his form has gained him selection back in the senior line-up. Wheatley will join youngster Lynden Dunn as the two inclusions into the team, with Dunn being named in Sandringham's best last weekend against Port Melbourne at TEAC Oval.

They will replace Brad Miller, who has a hip-flexor problem. while midfielder Phillip Read has been omitted. Ryan Ferguson, Simon Godfrey, and Daniel Bell have been named as emergencies for tomorrow night.

Melbourne have won their last three encounters against the Tigers by large margins, however Richmond is coming into the game with some great form and they have won every game at the MCG this season. Melbourne has also won every game they have played at the MCG this season and have won 10 of their last 11 matches. This compares to Richmond, who have also been in great form winning 8 of their last 11 matches.

Melbourne Team
Backs: M.Whelan, N.Carroll, B.Holland
Half backs: D.Ward, J.Rivers, C.Johnson,
Centreline: A.Davey, T.Johnstone, B.Green
Half forwards: C.Sylvia, C.Bruce, B.Pickett
Forwards: R.Robertson, D.Neitz, A.Yze
Followers: J.White, B.McLean, J.McDonald
I/C: M.Jamar, P.Wheatley, C.Bartram, L.Dunn
Emergencies: R.Ferguson, D.Bell, S.Godfrey

Team Changes
In: P.Wheatley, L.Dunn,
Out: B.Miller (Hip Flexor), P.Read

http://melbournefc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=280828

miller is a big out for them. still looks like a very good side on paper.

Darth_Tiger said:
From the demons site:

Melbourne Team
Backs: M.Whelan, N.Carroll, B.Holland
Half backs: D.Ward, J.Rivers, C.Johnson,
Centreline: A.Davey, T.Johnstone, B.Green
Half forwards: C.Sylvia, C.Bruce, B.Pickett
Forwards: R.Robertson, D.Neitz, A.Yze
Followers: J.White, B.McLean, J.McDonald
I/C: M.Jamar, P.Wheatley, C.Bartram, L.Dunn
Emergencies: R.Ferguson, D.Bell, S.Godfrey

Team Changes
In: P.Wheatley, L.Dunn,
Out: B.Miller (Hip Flexor), P.Read

miller is a big out for them. still looks like a very good side on paper.

Their back half doesn't put a lot of fear into me. If we get it down their enough we could post a big score.
Likewise their forward line looks impressive. Neitz and Robertson - the two marking forwards the key.
Yze and Davey need to be worn like a glove.
Gasper on Neitz? Probably not a bad option. Gasper is suddenly looking important again. Kellaway on Robertson - putting his bod on the line and trying to stop his attempted screamers.

White and Simmonds very important - also who is able to do the damage on the scoreboard.

If we're within 2 goals at half time - then look out, we could out run them.

backline needs to have a corker (i spose its the same every week!)because that melbourne forward line can do some substantial damage if given too much time and space...don't play too loose boys!

suprised at the selection of moore i would of thought jon could of had a go at davey and really make an impression

wouldnt be suprised if moore goes forward and tries to keep rivers honest so schulz and richo can have 1-on-1's against carrol and holland

this game has me more excited than any game this year so far. I don't know what it is, maybe the fact that we're in form and this is a real chance to beat a contender and prove ourselves...
I just get the feeling that our whole culture has changed with these youngsters and over the last few weeks the difference has been we've wanted to win so much more than the opposition, it's exciting stuff.
i think it's that sort of determination that get us over the line against the d's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheBacko said:

Needs more and deserves more than this one game to make a mark; that's a bit harsh. He's been injured & has worked his way back from Coburg playing good footy. Needs to be given the chance to play for the rest of the year to find his feet at AFL level. I have high hopes for Moore.

GO TIGES!!!

pettifers.sexy said:
good line up for both teams :) cant wait for the game 2morro night, dont have tickets but will still be an awesome game 2 watch in front of the telly :thumbsu:

Don't need tickets sweetie, just turn up and buy them at the gate. Plenty of room at the 'G'. You shouldn't miss this one. Will be a great atmosphere and if by the slight chance we win, will be one to remember for a long time.

GO TIGES!!!

Drunken Wookie said:
this game has me more excited than any game this year so far. I don't know what it is, maybe the fact that we're in form and this is a real chance to beat a contender and prove ourselves...
I just get the feeling that our whole culture has changed with these youngsters and over the last few weeks the difference has been we've wanted to win so much more than the opposition, it's exciting stuff.
i think it's that sort of determination that get us over the line against the d's.

I'm pumped for it as well, BUT, l honestly think that there could be a disaster around the corner for us. Melbourne's side looks quality. Good on em and just hope that its a cracker.

tigertRANCE said:
Don't need tickets sweetie, just turn up and buy them at the gate. Plenty of room at the 'G'. You shouldn't miss this one. Will be a great atmosphere and if by the slight chance we win, will be one to remember for a long time.

GO TIGES!!!

Batter up... tigertRANCE is pulling the moves. She only takes cash! :D ;) :D

phoenix_rise_ said:
B: A. Raines D. Gaspar A. Kellaway
HB: G. Tivendale P. Bowden J. Bowden
C: C. Hyde S. Tuck B. Deledio
HF: D. Polo M. Richardson K. Pettifer
F: R. Tambling N. Brown A. Krakouer
R/R: T. Simmonds, K. Johnson, N. Foley

INT: A. Pattison, J. Schulz, M. White, K. Moore

Emergency: J. Oakley-Nicholls, D. Meyer, D. Rodan

IN: Moore
OUT: JON

Nice young centre line named as well.

I thought Rodan was out of the picture but maybe not.

Very intersting.

Rodan?

Moore needs to show something.

PLSC said:
suprised at the selection of moore i would of thought jon could of had a go at davey and really make an impression

wouldnt be suprised if moore goes forward and tries to keep rivers honest so schulz and richo can have 1-on-1's against carrol and holland

JON was lost against Port, just not ready yet for senior football. Moore gives us versatility and is a lot more likely to have an impact on the match.

tigertRANCE said:

GO TIGES!!!

yeah i kinda new that :p but i was ment 2 get tickets from someone cos he won some, and then i found out that his dad gave them away :mad: ..dont got no-one 2 go with anyways, lol, so i watch it at home :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Team for tomorrow night....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back