Teams Freo Vs Adelaide Round!

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone has a scape goat. Des is yours.

Mine is Mundy, but I'm holding fire at the mo'.

he isnt a scapegoat. i havent made him the root of all our problems, i just dont think he has given us much since coming over. alot agree, some dont. talent/skill wise, he is definetly in our best 22, output wise? debatable

Excellent team. This is the first time since forever I can remember being happy with the selections going into Rd 1. No excuses for this one.

I agree, the part that I like the most is the team balance. The backline looks secure. Out forward line looks dangerous (I would like Pav at FF and MJ at CHF with Balla and Chopper either side but that is just me.

The part that excites me the most is that the young players that have shown so much to this point are the ones that are playing. Barlow could be the answer that we need in the middle.

Silvagni has been and outstanding rookie pick up and naturally replaces the injured Grover. JVB has really stepped up in the pre season and could turn into the dangerous tagger with lovely skills that we need.

Players with ill earned reputations, experience without offering success and lack of form are not in the side.

Excellent!!!:D:thumbsu:

Totally, extremely happy with the selections, actually I wouldnt make one change to the team.

Headland is in our best 22, not a midfielder but a leading forward. He isnt my fav player due to the fact he chooses when to try. The good thing is that his contract is only a year at a time and he knows that he will dropped.

Harvey just needs to put heat on Headland to keep him applying defensive pressure.

Any player in the forwardline who is out of form will feel the warm breath of Fyfe fast approaching our best 22. His form in round 1 of the WAFL was very good. As was his form in the preseason.

If Tippett is used as a backup ruckman i think our backline will do cartwheels. Every minute he's not in the forwardline is better for us.

I like the selection of our best 22 given our injuries. Adelaide are a well coached well drilled team. They will be hard to beat even though we are playing at home.

If we went on pre season form alone then a lot of players would miss out. It is a good guide for younger players. What most of us do not see is training.

The Headland debate is boring. 2006 he was a star, played a poor game against Sydney - the reason we lost of course :rolleyes:.

Perhaps we should pick our entire team on pre-season form. Don't worry about training, work ethic, etc. Then we could go into the game without Hase, Headland, Suban, McPhee, Ibbotson, Mundy, McPharlin, Morabito we could even go in without Pavlich who failed to turn it on during the pre season.

If Headland is fit he is in our best 22 end of story. We have many players that need to show something this year (Headland included), but it is not even round 1 and because a few people watched a scratch match at Freo oval they can rekindle their favourite past time in player bashing.. Book mark this page as I will eat my words if he does not kick 2 goals and setup another 2 against Adelaide.

If we went on pre season form alone then a lot of players would miss out. It is a good guide for younger players. What most of us do not see is training.

The Headland debate is boring. 2006 he was a star, played a poor game against Sydney - the reason we lost of course :rolleyes:.

Perhaps we should pick our entire team on pre-season form. Don't worry about training, work ethic, etc. Then we could go into the game without Hase, Headland, Suban, McPhee, Ibbotson, Mundy, McPharlin, Morabito we could even go in without Pavlich who failed to turn it on during the pre season.

If Headland is fit he is in our best 22 end of story. We have many players that need to show something this year (Headland included), but it is not even round 1 and because a few people watched a scratch match at Freo oval they can rekindle their favourite past time in player bashing.. Book mark this page as I will eat my words if he does not kick 2 goals and setup another 2 against Adelaide.
A sensible and constuctive reply to the Des hate agenda.WTF:confused:

i agree, the same conversations and arguments come up, im probably a little to blame for that. but it hasnt been just his preseason form this year. his round 22 effort last yeart still sticks out in my memory, have never seen a player really just not care. i9 was hoping the club would sack him after that, but they gave him a year and he has done little to inspire me since, prior to that he had done little in my opinion, partly due to injury, but mostly he was just in bad form, i go to training as often as i can, and he has never inspired me there either. anyway, thats the last i'll say on it. its been done before. next subject, i apologise for bringing it back up

While I agree with the substance of Frigate's post and am happy to see Des named up forward he really was awful in the Geelong scratchie. Dropped easy marks, no recovery when the ball hit the deck. He looked unfit and hopelessly out of form.
If he kicks a couple, chases and tackles hard and makes a good decoy for Pav, Mayne etc then he's still good value until Fyfe overtakes him.

While I agree with the substance of Frigate's post and am happy to see Des named up forward he really was awful in the Geelong scratchie. Dropped easy marks, no recovery when the ball hit the deck. He looked unfit and hopelessly out of form.
If he kicks a couple, chases and tackles hard and makes a good decoy for Pav, Mayne etc then he's still good value until Fyfe overtakes him.

He looked very much like an old man that day E-Shed, hard to see where he's suddenly going to get form from.

And I do hope he plays a blinder, before I'm labelled as a hater :rolleyes:

He looked very much like an old man that day E-Shed, hard to see where he's suddenly going to get form from.

Call me crazy (Your Crazy! I hear in unison), but I think that if Headland does not go well and Murphy does well this weekend then I think that will be one change that I would make.

Murphy moving to FF and have the most excellent pockets/flanks of Balla and Chopper. Johnson and Pav to fill it up will prove to be most dangerous. The trick is to get the quality delivery down there.

The guys named will kick a winning score if given half a chance!

The point there is that it was a scratch match. It wasn't even NAB cup. Right or wrong, if you're on the last year/s of your AFL career you're not going to lay it all on the line for that. Des will turn it on for the season proper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call me crazy (Your Crazy! I hear in unison), but I think that if Headland does not go well and Murphy does well this weekend then I think that will be one change that I would make.

Murphy moving to FF and have the most excellent pockets/flanks of Balla and Chopper. Johnson and Pav to fill it up will prove to be most dangerous. The trick is to get the quality delivery down there.

If Murphy ever plays another Afl game again in his entire career it will be too soon. Brendan Fewster was a better Afl player than that hack.

Forget Desso' game v Geelong - for the people that saw him leading out of FF v Melbourne in Nab Cup - remember that game...hoping he starts the game on Sunday & kicks a bag, he works his a-hole off - on & off the field for this club & has been struck down by injury for last 3-4 years he deserves a break!! 10 times the player that Murphy is....just needs a bit of luck.

You're crazy!!

Seriously though, whoever plays as a 2nd ruck tomorrow (assuming Johnson) will have to go well for your plan to take effect. We can't expect Sandi to ruck 90% of each game so Clarke or Bradley will be considered for next week. Our line up is already top heavy so we certainly can't drop 2 smalls for Murphy and a ruckman.

Personally I'd rather have someone with a few strings to their bow as the third tall (either McPhee, Bradley or Clarke) than Murphy who is essentially a one trick pony.

You're crazy!!

Seriously though, whoever plays as a 2nd ruck tomorrow (assuming Johnson) will have to go well for your plan to take effect. We can't expect Sandi to ruck 90% of each game so Clarke or Bradley will be considered for next week. Our line up is already top heavy so we certainly can't drop 2 smalls for Murphy and a ruckman.

Personally I'd rather have someone with a few strings to their bow as the third tall (either McPhee, Bradley or Clarke) than Murphy who is essentially a one trick pony.

I was surprised that Bradley or Clarke was not in the side to back up Sandi. I would be very nervous seeing Johnson in the ruck with his ankle history.

Fingers crossed the plan works well. Other than that I think that it is the best team that we can get out onto the park at the moment.

PS It was fun being a little crazy there!:D

man, it is so incredibly pleasing to see that we've overlooked schammer, dodd and bradley. you want to be able to trust that your team mates aren't going to make stupid mistakes. it rots the team from the inside out when fumblers and errant kickers are relied on. i hope this attitude is sustained throughout the season, barring injury.

Crows only have one ruckman as well in Griffin? Maric is an emergency.

We should paste them in that department.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Freo Vs Adelaide Round!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back