News Teams Rnd 17 - Carlton v WC

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Congratulations to Andrew Walker who will be playing his 100th game this Saturday :thumbsu:

Carlton

B: David Ellard, Michael Jamison, Paul Bower
HB: Jordan Russell, Jarrad Waite, Bryce Gibbs
C: Chris Yarran, Chris Judd, Heath Scotland
HF: Marc Murphy, Lachie Henderson, Kade Simpson
F: Jeff Garlett, Shaun Hampson, Eddie Betts
Foll: Robert Warnock, Andrew Walker, Aaron Joseph
I/C: Dennis Armfield, Andrew Carrazzo, Shaun Grigg, Chris Johnson
Emg: Marcus Davies, Richard Hadley, Mitch Robinson

In: Johnson, Warnock, Ellard
Out: Sam Jacobs, Kane Lucas (hamstring), Mitch Robinson

Where is guns :p

No changes for WC.

West Coast
B: Will Schofield, Eric MacKenzie, Brad Sheppard
HB: Beau Waters, Mitchell Brown, Shannon Hurn
C: Matt Rosa, Matt Priddis, Andrew Embley
HF: Andrew Strijk, Josh Kennedy, Brad Ebert
F: Dean Cox, Quinten Lynch, Mark LeCras
Foll: Nic Naitanui, Adam Selwood, Chris Masten
I/C: Ashton Hams, Scott Selwood, Ashley Smith, Lewis Stevenson
Emg: Tim Houlihan, Patrick McGinnity, Callum Wilson

No changes

think jacobs has been looking a little tired the last 2 weeks.

maybe subi is to big for him to get around?

hopefully warnock grabs this chance with two hands (as well as a contested mark or two).

Congratulations David Ellard, please make the most of this opportunity!.

More importantly, still no inside midfielder. On monday ratten emphasised the importance of an Inside midfielder/blocker, and Hadley is still out of the team!

Unless Johnson is filling this role, which he actually did quite well, but if he is playing off half back, will be very upset.

Hadley has flown over to WA as the emergency.

23 on the plane

Twenty-three players were on the ‘Carlton’ flight to Perth this afternoon when the team and support staff flew out to Perth. The 22 players selected in the side were joined by Richard Hadley, who has been named as an emergency, for the flight. Unless another player travels to Perth on a different flight, the only possible change to Carlton’s side for Saturday’s game would be the inclusion of Hadley for one of the 22 players named in the side.

23 on the plane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That worked brilliantly last year in the elimination final.
Plus, last week he was playing really nicely running up and down as a wingmen, one of our better players.

This match is very much the last straw/ match before crisis. If Gibbs,Carrazzo,Walker, Joseph don't perform, they have to be replaced

Sam Jacobs...WTF???

Finally

He is the reason our mid's have not been up to it, as he don't have second effort's like the Kruz, it's like we lost a ruckman and another mid with him going down.

Kruz is our fourth highest tackler, and he has been out for the last 3 week's, Don't know why Rat's dropped 206 after the Geelong game, as he had a good game.

Jacob's is to slow around the ground, as much as I like him, its about time. And I really dont rate Hampson like alot of us on this board do, with his pace and build he should be crashing pack's alot harder than he is.

Apart from that let's go Blue's need this win:thumbsu:

Finally

He is the reason our mid's have not been up to it, as he don't have second effort's like the Kruz, it's like we lost a ruckman and another mid with him going down.

Absolute bullshit/cop out.
The reason that our mids haven;t been up to it is because they walk onto the field thinking they have already won. Sammy is one of the few, who despite limitations, tries his absolute guts out. Worked very hard to push into the team, was of very good service and now getting a well earned break

Like the ins a lot, and happy with outs. Agree that Carazzo is on his last legs. Joseph might get a longer go because he is still very young.

Reckon Hadley may still come in, to be the inside mid.

Must be taking it easy with Hoops. IF we can find some form and make finals, he will be very important.

Finally

Kruz is our fourth highest tackler, and he has been out for the last 3 week's, Don't know why Rat's dropped 206 after the Geelong game, as he had a good game.

Jacob's is to slow around the ground, as much as I like him, its about time. And I really dont rate Hampson like alot of us on this board do, with his pace and build he should be crashing pack's alot harder than he is.

Apart from that let's go Blue's need this win:thumbsu:

And Warnock is going to fill the gap left by Kruz in that department?

Fact is, very few ruckman - if any - play like Kruz

Dropping Jacobs won't change our structural problems one iota in that department

Can't see Hammer playing at FF much as 206 won't play against Cox and Nicnat on his own first game back.

Good to see at Least one of Grigg or Hadley in. Now as long as he's our 'get the ball out at the stoppages' player I'll be happy.

Happy Johnson's in too. Would like to see him on a wing or HFF.

Carrazzo should have been dropped 4 weeks ago. I hope Ratten has told him to block for Judd because atm that is all he is capable of doing.
I agree, he must block, shut down Priddis (doubtful he can do this) and feed the ball out for a few contested possessions.
He is one player we DEFINITELY don't want to be receiving the ball as it comes out of the pack. If he's not wearing at the bottom of every pack this weekend then he is superfluous to the teams needs.

wtf, why is Carrazzo still getting a game. How many chances does this bloke get.
Probably because he does the job the coach gives him every game. Just because he doesn't do what some fans prefer doesn't mean that he isn't carrying out his instructions from Ratten and the coaching group. Unless we're at the games we only see what the TV director chooses for us - we don't see what's happening off the ball.

We're all disappointed at the last 5 weeks. The thing to do now is barrack for the boys as they close out the season, hopefully with a bag of good wins. Mindlessly attacking individual players at this point of the season won't accomplish anything (except maybe to destroy the confidence of any player who stupidly reads this board).

Remove this Banner Ad

News Teams Rnd 17 - Carlton v WC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back