News Teams Rnd 17 - Carlton v WC

Remove this Banner Ad

Fish & Wiggo's papers stamped??? We need marking forwards and they can't get in......[/quote]

It's quite hilarious really. All we seem to do is bomb it into our forwardline, and just about the only players in the team that can take a pack mark in Hampson, wiggins and fisher (Dont say Judd, he took one:p). 1 has just made the side, and the other two aren't in it

Some good ins, Johnson will hopefully provide us with some hardness, intensity and skill like he did last time and I hope Ellard will too. Hopefully Rob Warnock gets going in the ruck and fires up our midfield.

By golly how the bloody hell do Carrazzo and Jospeh keep their spots?

I think what our club does, rather than replace guys on the outer instantly, they select them and their replacements in the same side and compare them and if the new players do well and the ones on the outer do poorly they get dropped then. Well sometimes this happens. Perhaps Ellard and Joseph will be compared and perhaps Carrazzo and Johnson will be compared. I think AJ is being played out of position and he is going ok. I think Johnson has more to offer than Carrazzo. Keep your hat on and lets find out.

Getting sick of Robbo being brought in, only to be dropped a week or two later. :(

Well done to Ellard, has been in the best's at the bullants for some time now and deserved a shot. Didn't like seeing Jacobs dropped, his been a big positive this year.......but as others have said maybe he needs a rest.

Also good to see Johnson back, was playing quite well before injury:thumbsu:

Carrots should buy a tatts ticket this weekend.....

Fish & Wiggo's papers stamped??? We need marking forwards and they can't get in......

I would think so .........

Can someone please tell me how joseph still gets a game. He has done nothing all year. Sorry he did a job on ablett a year ago.

Simple. Our list is horribly out of balance and any guy with a big of leg speed and desire makes the team. AJ has a lot to work on but we simply have very few other options - we cant play Ando (too many mistakes), we cant play Browne (too slow) and theres only hope in Tuohy. AJ and ARmfield are two of our first picked players because theyre our only good defensive options.

We still arent a fast team notwithstanding having some fast forward pocket players.

Browne is faster than Ellard and grew up playing footy in WA which favours attacking football.

I think Hawthorn rated his speed, so it's Browne's decision making that might need work.

He's a better kick and mark than Joseph.

Played as a forward against WC with Houlihan out.

Browne hasn't received much of a chance at a run of games.

Don't know why Browne has gone backwards because he was good in 2008.

Thomas shirt fronted Browne, but he still went for the ball and didn't pull out.

Some of his teammates survive after similar efforts.

Carrazzo wouldn't be in the team if he didn't have the endurance and concentration to tag for four quarters.

This will be a good dress rehearsal for round 22's road trip to take on Fremantle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to Andrew Walker who will be playing his 100th game this Saturday :thumbsu:

Carlton

B: David Ellard, Michael Jamison, Paul Bower
HB: Jordan Russell, Jarrad Waite, Bryce Gibbs
C: Chris Yarran, Chris Judd, Heath Scotland
HF: Marc Murphy, Lachie Henderson, Kade Simpson
F: Jeff Garlett, Shaun Hampson, Eddie Betts
Foll: Robert Warnock, Andrew Walker, Aaron Joseph
I/C: Dennis Armfield, Andrew Carrazzo, Shaun Grigg, Chris Johnson
Emg: Marcus Davies, Richard Hadley, Mitch Robinson

In: Johnson, Warnock, Ellard
Out: Sam Jacobs, Kane Lucas (hamstring), Mitch Robinson

Where is guns :p
One of the weaker named Carlton list I've seen.I get the feeling Eagles will beat us if Hampson and Henderson don't fire.

Thomas shirt fronted Browne, but he still went for the ball and didn't pull out.

I think you've got a bit of a blurry memory of that contest TG, he didn't go hard at the ball and wouldn't put his body on the line. It wasn't long after he'd done the same thing in a marking contest and been beaten as well. It's a pity because as you say in 2008 and up to mid 2009 he looked the goods.

I hope Johnson shows some of the form we know he is capable of and not the poor skills we now remember. Ellard is really an unknown. Will be very interesting!

Hi guys,

pardon my ignorance but could someone shed some light on David Ellard in terms of the type of player he is etc. Could he be that hard inside mid we need? All I know is he's fairly short.

Hi guys,

pardon my ignorance but could someone shed some light on David Ellard in terms of the type of player he is etc. Could he be that hard inside mid we need? All I know is he's fairly short.
Haven't seen him since he left Swan Districts, but saw a few games for him then as I was a big fan on NicNat.. He was always very classy around goals and is a good crumber, from what I know he plays inside mid at the bullants but because I never see him play there can't tell you much about his inside work.. Good hands and likes to get dirty

You bet Im mad at every one saying he is our future, what we all forget is we should be more worried about the present, and Hendo is definetly not up to it. He and Hampson don't know what a mark is or do they know how to tackle in the forward line where the pressure should be.

No wonder our mid's hold onto the ball longer because they know it's just going to come straight back over their head's, because of their lack of pressure. You carn't expect the little guy's to tackle their opponent's as well as their own.

Hendo and Hampson should not be playing in the team they belong in the Bullant's until they are up to it.
And yes I would prefer Irish to them 2 any day, now that Waite is back.

And we choose to blame the mid's and backline for our slump, it all start's from the lack of forward pressure, and I know who the 2 colprids are.

So yes Im mad, when I see the team that is picked.

Terrible post

You bet Im mad at every one saying he is our future, what we all forget is we should be more worried about the present, and Hendo is definetly not up to it. He and Hampson don't know what a mark is or do they know how to tackle in the forward line where the pressure should be.

No wonder our mid's hold onto the ball longer because they know it's just going to come straight back over their head's, because of their lack of pressure. You carn't expect the little guy's to tackle their opponent's as well as their own.

Hendo and Hampson should not be playing in the team they belong in the Bullant's until they are up to it.
And yes I would prefer Irish to them 2 any day, now that Waite is back.

And we choose to blame the mid's and backline for our slump, it all start's from the lack of forward pressure, and I know who the 2 colprids are.

So yes Im mad, when I see the team that is picked.
4ee9d3a8ba284779a5c150f.jpg

I love how supporters don't realise that we're picking a team that can win, but will also help us build for the future.

Or that Henderson carried a bad corkie into last week.

Kennedy and Fevola would have struggled to make an impact against Sydney's flood.

And mark the shockers our midfielders served up.

Waite had to lead wide to the flanks to get a touch.

Robinson and Jacobs have a future, so it's a good chance to see what we've got in Ellard, Austin, Grigg, Henderson, Hampson and Warnock.

If we lose, we'll probably see a few other untried or developing players get a chance in the next few rounds.

Austin and Browne will probably get another go.

Fisher and Thornton are finished.

If Mclean was fit, Scotland probably wouldn't be getting a game.

I'd pick the harder player who tackles and wins real contested possessions by getting in an under.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Teams Rnd 17 - Carlton v WC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back