Society & Culture Terrible baby names

Remove this Banner Ad

The one I can't stand is McKenzie, such a mouthful. I also don't like the whole name a person after a country/state deal - India, Montana etc. with the obvious exception of names such as Victoria which were names before they were places.

I had this discussion with my 13 year old sis yesterday, and I mentioned the surname Cassidy which has somehow become a first name, she didn't know that it was actually a surname. It really goes to show IMO. I also find the name Cruz really silly (sorry Lleyton Hewitt, as much as I'm a fan).

In terms of place names, Sienna is probably one of the only "new age" names that I think is nice, otherwise this bullshit of calling your child India is just ridiculous.

My nephew is called Axel. I subtly voice my disapproval by "mistakenly" calling him other car parts. "Oh hey Steering Wheel." "Hi Oil Filter."
Lmfao thats awesome.

True. The original Hebrew would be something different again.
the question is, how to we create names (not bogan ones) for the ever growing population?

start calling people like they did in old English? so I'll be called something like Cap near park (I' live near a park)

Whats with Yanks calling their kids the fathers name's sequel? Like David Love III. So f**king pretentious.

Frank Zappa called his kids Dweezil, Unit and Diva. I seem to remember someone else naming their children Flora and Fauna.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one I can't stand is McKenzie, such a mouthful. I also don't like the whole name a person after a country/state deal - India, Montana etc. with the obvious exception of names such as Victoria which were names before they were places.

Dakota. Ugh.

McKenzie has been around for a while to be fair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Terrible baby names