Society & Culture Terrible baby names

Remove this Banner Ad

My brother and his long-term girlfriend are Lewis and Leah, so technically it wouldnt work, unless you went really ******ed and did Lewah and Leawis. Win!

So on that note, bogans that should marry;

Matilda & Matthew
Samuel & Samantha

My new pet hate is my friends naming their kids one thing and then never ever calling them by that name again. Let me explain:

Matilda - forever known as Maddie
Tabitha - forever known as Tab
Jackson - forever known as Jack
Alexis - forever known as Lexy
Catarina - forever known as Cat

Just bloody call them the shorter version on the birth certificate will you. I s**t you not I was at my mate's the other day and I called his kid Matilda. The mother corrected me and said "we just call her Maddie now" ???

Still reckon one of the worst [well it's actually funny] names is Dick Trickle,ex-Nascar driver.Just what the hell were his parents smoking when they named him Richard ?
I was mates with brothers called Anthony and Perigrine, nothing too unusual there but there surname was Ness and thus they were A. Ness and P. Ness.

My new pet hate is my friends naming their kids one thing and then never ever calling them by that name again. Let me explain:

Just bloody call them the shorter version on the birth certificate will you. I s**t you not I was at my mate's the other day and I called his kid Matilda. The mother corrected me and said "we just call her Maddie now" ???

I’m the reverse – I hate when parents give their child a “nickname” as their actual name. It’s ****ing stupid imo.

Bogans these days are actually calling their children “Danny” and “Gus” etc. Even “Jack” shits me, though the ship has well and truly sailed on that one. The name is John.

I like parents to have half a brain and realise the difference between a given name and a shortening / nickname.

Mate, heaps of every day names get shortened. Matt, Phil, Jeff, Alex, Tom, Ben, Pam, Dave, Fred etc I don't think it's really that much to get worked up about and it isn't a bogan thing at all.

I hate seeing my name with different spelling. Mine is right, and shall always be right. Doesn't help when people always spell it wrong anyway, but they're now screwing it up naming their kids!

I love the name Dominic for a boy. However, most Dominic's I know are gay, it just seems to lend itself to gay or nerdy types of men, unless they quickly use the masculine Dom name early on.

Nothing wrong with this, I love the name. But just saying, if you are homophobic and cant comprehend the possibility of a gay son, avoid Dominic.

And Ruth is my name. I like it, you can have the nick Ruthie when little, and then Roo or Ru when you get older. It's not overly used, and Gen Y seem to hate it a little, so it's far from trendy (which is cool in my books, fk those names like hayden, aiden, caden, jaxon, etc. Ugh!)

I think Dominic would be in the top several names I would use for a baby boy.
Were not saying they are bogans names, Parents names

And my dad is not gay...at least thats what i think.....:confused:

I’m the reverse – I hate when parents give their child a “nickname” as their actual name. It’s ******* stupid imo.

Bogans these days are actually calling their children “Danny” and “Gus” etc. Even “Jack” shits me, though the ship has well and truly sailed on that one. The name is John.

I like parents to have half a brain and realise the difference between a given name and a shortening / nickname.
Yeah agree on this. Was quite perplexed by Bartel changing his name from James to Jimmy. Not sure if that's official or just on the AFL ledger though.

I plan on doing just that :p I like the name Cassie but would officially name her Cassandra so that, if she choses, she can go by Cassandra, Sandra, Cass etc.

Gives me the shits too. The one i mentioned the other day (Zakiyah) is a perfect example of that. Her parents have never referred to her as Zakiyah apart from the official announcement, she is almost exclusively called Zee Zee. So her choices when she gets older will be Zakiyah (shudder), Zak (so people think she's a boy), or Zee Zee which will inevitably turn into ZZ Top.

Another friend has just had a kid called Emelia, same deal. Calls her Milly all the time.

Do they not see the point of names! I want my kids to like me so i'm giving them normal names.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I plan on doing just that :p I like the name Cassie but would officially name her Cassandra so that, if she choses, she can go by Cassandra, Sandra, Cass etc.

I dated a girl for a while whose actually name was Cassie, not Cassandra. used to get the shits when people assumed her name was short for Cassandra

There was a story on a current affair or TTN the other night, a bogan single mum who fed her toddler junk food every day for lunch, but as she said "it's healthy, not really healthy but healthy, and we mix it around and sometimes its KFC, sometimes its maccas so its healthy" but that is probably another thread right there, but back on topic, her kid was called ..........Kardashia-Rose!!

I shit you not, a couple we use to know had 2 twin boys, you wont believe what they called them.
Mario and Luigi my missus thought they were pulling our leg and she started laughing, awkward moments after that.

If I met these people, I would bust out into: Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side... take one step, and then again...

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Terrible baby names