FTA-TV TFS - The Footy Show - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL! Sammy, good on him for saying what he thinks, even if it's probably not politically correct.
I see where he's coming from, if I see a couple kiss in general I think "Ugh, I didn't want to see that!". Regardless of gender/s.

LOL! Sammy, good on him for saying what he thinks, even if it's probably not politically correct.
I see where he's coming from, if I see a couple kiss in general I think "Ugh, I didn't want to see that!". Regardless of gender/s.

Which is fine, but the point is that he seems to have no issue when hetros do it. Or maybe he doesn't even notice it, because it just seems so normal as to go under the radar. When homosexuals do it, it is apparently gratuitous, though. Homophobia, plain and simple, and it has no place in Australia in 2014.

Which is fine, but the point is that he seems to have no issue when hetros do it. Or maybe he doesn't even notice it, because it just seems so normal as to go under the radar. When homosexuals do it, it is apparently gratuitous, though. Homophobia, plain and simple, and it has no place in Australia in 2014.
Generational thing I guess, at least the fact that we call him a fossil for having those opinions says that the world is at least in the transition of moving on from the needless hate.

Missed it, anyone give a rap of what was said?
Basically insinuated it was opportunist and intentional that a Homosexual couple kissed at the NFL draft once one member of the couple was drafted.
He got ho-slapped pretty hard from JB for it.

Yeah heterosexuals never kiss their partner when they achieve their dreams...

622290-120924-jobe-watson.jpg

917611-brownlow-medal-winner-gary-ablett.jpg

377000-dane-swan.jpg

064429-judd-and-twigley.jpg

svSPLIFE_wideweb__470x285,0.jpg

wbAFLablettkiss192x128.jpg

Last edited:
What was Sam's reaction to being pulled into line?
He just sort of said "Oh so I'm a homophobe am I?", to which Garry said "Well... no" and JB said "Yes, absolutely, what a ridiculous comment". He just shook his head and looked away. They then moved on very quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but you do see hetero couples hugging and kissing all the time in that kind of situation.

Really stupid thing to say. You have to wonder whether he says shit like that just to draw attention to himself/the show and appear controversial.

Basically insinuated it was opportunist and intentional that a Homosexual couple kissed at the NFL draft once one member of the couple was drafted.
He got ho-slapped pretty hard from JB for it.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was opportunistic, everything seems to be stage managed to death in US sport. I'm a bit meh about the whole thing.

But I tell you something now, the sports media in this country are tripping over themselves saying that it doesn't matter and it wouldn't matter if/when it happens in the AFL, but if/when it does happen they would all lose their collective shit.

Yeah, but you do see hetero couples hugging and kissing all the time in that kind of situation..

Yeah, exactly, it's just a normal thing in general kissing your partner, even though not everyone wants to see it.
Making a big deal of it because of the sexual composition of the couple is cringe worthy and bad for your career, as much as I love Sam.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was opportunistic.
There's no telling, it may well have been a statement, you're right.
However; it could also just be love?

Wouldn't be surprised if it was opportunistic, everything seems to be stage managed to death in US sport. I'm a bit meh about the whole thing.

But I tell you something now, the sports media in this country are tripping over themselves saying that it doesn't matter and it wouldn't matter if/when it happens in the AFL, but if/when it does happen they would all lose their collective shit.
All the above photos, are they opportunistic too?

Changing tack slightly, "Street Talk" is embarrassingly awful these days. I know that makes it sound like it was once riveting television (when it wasn't, though it had its moments), but it jumped the shark a long time ago and is just getting more and more pointless and bizarre. Just put it out of its misery.

Changing tack slightly, "Street Talk" is embarrassingly awful these days. I know that makes it sound like it was once riveting television (when it wasn't, though it had its moments), but it jumped the shark a long time ago and is just getting more and more pointless and bizarre. Just put it out of its misery.
I just wonder what people who love NRL and have a passing interest in AFL think of our show. I look at the NRL Show and while I find it a times a little too tame to the point of being boring, for the most part it is a professionally run show with Big Marn's Small Talk always good for a laugh. The AFL footy show just appeals to the lowest common denominator, it's taken advantage of Melbourne's signature live awkwardness where anything can go wrong by just deliberately being idiotic. To be honest I would love someone like Sam Pang replacing someone to breathe a bit of fresh air into the show, a witty guy who once played under age for Collingwood, loves his sport and no stranger to live telly.

You mean the Murdoch media would beat it up just to increase the flagging circulation of their papers. Surely not!:rolleyes:

Funny how when Hutchy was the "news" guy on the show, they used to introduce him as "the best news-breaker in the business." Now they just blow the same smoke up Purple's rectum, neither one of them could claim that title.

The actual kiss was a quick peck on the lips ffs. What was he meant to do? Give his beloved a handshake? High five?

Newman's comments were completely expected tho- he's form a different generation and a complete dickhead (not that that is an excuse). Good reaction from Garry and James. And the crowd!!! A lot of booing. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV TFS - The Footy Show - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back