FTA-TV TFS - The Footy Show - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Love him or hate him, Sam still does a cracking job for a bloke that's about to turn 70 later this year. I wonder if that's one of the reasons behind the introduction of Hughes? Sammy can't go on forever, and they might have thought that's it time to bring in some new blood with him likely moving on in the next couple of years, and it would give Hughes time to settle in.

The problem is all comedians have their time and then they become unfunny. It doesn't really help that Hughes was never really a great one to begin with. I only watch TFS every now and then but I think its time give it a miss completely.

Yep, Australian TV does this. When will they realise that people have a use by date? The public grow tired of them. They just keep trotting out the same old faces, year after year and wonder why a show gets tired.

When Hughes first came along, quite funny with his strange voice, nose and teeth as a novelty, but it's worn off. Then there was Hellier with his alter-ego, the Collingwood footballer whose name I've thankfully forgotten. Mildly amusing at first, but grew more powerful than laxettes. Even Bill Brownless was funny at first, but there couldn't be a more boring personality on TV, does nothing but show off his bloated guts from time to time.

**** there's some sooks on here. If you don't like the show then don't ******* watch it. Simple.

You don't get it. A lot of people want a Footy Show, they're just not happy with the current format, and I can't blame them. It's tired, and badly in need of a re-vamp. I watch the show once, maybe twice a year. I'd like something different.

Yep, Australian TV does this. When will they realise that people have a use by date? The public grow tired of them. They just keep trotting out the same old faces, year after year and wonder why a show gets tired.

When Hughes first came along, quite funny with his strange voice, nose and teeth as a novelty, but it's worn off. Then there was Hellier with his alter-ego, the Collingwood footballer whose name I've thankfully forgotten. Mildly amusing at first, but grew more powerful than laxettes. Even Bill Brownless was funny at first, but there couldn't be a more boring personality on TV, does nothing but show off his bloated guts from time to time.
Another good example would be Milo Kerrigan. Funny in the first three or four sketches but after the 100th of the same thing it became a bit pathetic ;)

I don't mind the idea of Hughesy being part of the show. I doubt he'll be a panel member, he'll probably just be roving between segments. The show should be better off for having someone who has some idea about comedy doing the funny bits, instead of ex-footballers who have little idea.

I think I said it at the end of last season, but the show doesn't need two hosts. I like JB on Triple M, but I think Garry is better for TFS. They also need to get back to having three current players on the panel. Have Shane and Billy on occasionally doing the same sort of roving stuff as Hughes, instead of taking up the seat of someone who might have something new to say (we get it, Bill, you like frothies). I wonder if Jonathan Brown will be as regular as Shane and Billy are now.

You don't get it. A lot of people want a Footy Show, they're just not happy with the current format, and I can't blame them. It's tired, and badly in need of a re-vamp. I watch the show once, maybe twice a year. I'd like something different.

I get it, don't try and say that I don't. If I want a pure footy show then I'll watch AFL 360, On the Couch or Talking Footy. If I want some banter, light entertainment, with a bit of footy then I'll watch The Footy Show. It's not that hard to get. Different shows offer different things. Why do people expect something from The Footy Show that they're not going to give you. As I said, if people don't like it, don't bloody watch it.

I don't mind the idea of Hughesy being part of the show. I doubt he'll be a panel member, he'll probably just be roving between segments. The show should be better off for having someone who has some idea about comedy doing the funny bits, instead of ex-footballers who have little idea.

I think I said it at the end of last season, but the show doesn't need two hosts. I like JB on Triple M, but I think Garry is better for TFS. They also need to get back to having three current players on the panel. Have Shane and Billy on occasionally doing the same sort of roving stuff as Hughes, instead of taking up the seat of someone who might have something new to say (we get it, Bill, you like frothies). I wonder if Jonathan Brown will be as regular as Shane and Billy are now.

Unless Browny takes up TV commentary then you can guarantee he'll be as regular as Crawf and Bill. Don't mind him though.

Gaz is fine. Because of the vaudeville nature of the show he's forced to follow that path. Has a good footy brain when he's serious and knows how to pull the show back when things are getting out of hand.
"getting out of hand"? The whole show is scripted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV TFS - The Footy Show - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back