FTA-TV TFS - The Footy Show - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

agree with Sam. just staged bullshit furthering the gay agenda.

only a couple of people in the footy show studio crowd boo'd Sam when he gave this opinion. the rest are probably well aware of the bullshit that comes out of the USA. Sam wasn't really being homophobic, regardless of whether he is a homophobe. just telling everyone about the bullshit that is TV.

Sam should have just said that two men kissing made him feel uncomfortable like it probably does a lot of people instead of coming up with something that is factually incorrect, which he pretty much made up to support his view. Comes across as pretty misinformed which is pretty much normal for him.

Sam should have just said that two men kissing made him feel uncomfortable like it probably does a lot of people instead of coming up with something that is factually incorrect, which he pretty much made up to support his view. Comes across as pretty misinformed which is pretty much normal for him.
Even better, he should have kept his thoughts to himself. Just sayin........

Reasonable attempt at defending himself. Sam is right of course. A 7th round pick wasn't he? The press carried on like this gridiron player cured cancer when all he does is put dicks in his mouth
And Jackie Robinson was only signed 6 days before the season started. Way to completely and utterly miss the point.

What an indulgent piece of dribble Sam, you really do think the sun shines out your arse sometimes. You can twist and turn like a twisty turning thing, but you did yourself no favours tonight.

made a lot of sense actually and i agree with him. people in the media say it isnt a big deal if a player is gay yet when one comes out they make such a massive deal about it. There were no cameras at the house of the player picked after him.

If i was a gay player, why would i come out. The media would define me forever as the first gay player, not the player who played 200 games and won 2 flags etc.

Take wayne carey for example, any article about him these days always mentions the affiar even though it has nothing to do with the story. Media just piss me off with that type of crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reasonable attempt at defending himself. Sam is right of course. A 7th round pick wasn't he? The press carried on like this gridiron player cured cancer when all he does is put dicks in his mouth

What are you doing in his mouth ?

So people shouldn't take their partners to events like the Brownlow and the like for fear of it being called an "agenda"?

For a bloke who is claiming others are missing the point you've let yourself down badly. Newman (and I) specifically addressed the media reaction.

That's a bad enough miss that I recommend that you edit your post and spare yourself the embarrassment. :thumbsu:

Goddard seems to be the other Essendon representative who they wheel in on a regular basis. Between the two of them, Essendon are represented on just about every show! Perhaps the club knows what's coming and wants to elicit all of the positive PR and sympathy it can get.

Sam was spinning a bit of bullshit, coz he was rewriting history, to a degree.

Tonight he reckons he said that it was the over-the-top coverage of the gay guy -- and the focus on his sexuality -- that was gratuitous, but he actually said: "that's an annoyingly, gratuitous act. Kissing your boyfriend......blatant....for the camera.", etc.
Listen to how they all immediately jump down his throat. They wouldn't have reacted like that had he said what he reckons tonight he said.

You should have read what the old fossil as they call him on the footy show wrote on his facebook page.
Sam is a controversial person who speaks his mind. Many people hate him and give him their two cents worth.
He needs to be told when to keep his thoughts to himself on various topics. Especially with the topic of Homophobia. It's a person's right to make the choice to be gay or straight. There's no need to go over the top with the media about it. People choose to watch and listen whilst others choose to avoid the whole thing.
Sam chooses to give everyone a piece of his mind when it comes to controversial topics when simply he should remember this phrase if you have nothing nice to say you would be better to keep it to yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV TFS - The Footy Show - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back