Toast Thanks Stuv

Remove this Banner Ad

Star recruit joins growing list of injury concerns for Cats
By Mitch Cleary - Just now

RECRUIT Jack Steven has added to Geelong's growing list of injury concerns after tweaking his calf at training.

Steven has been away from the main group in the past fortnight, delaying his return to full fitness despite a promising display on the training track before Christmas.

The four-time St Kilda best and fairest contemplated walking away from football last year while battling with his mental health that limited him to seven games for the Saints.

Traded to Geelong in October, Steven immediately set about trimming down after admitting he played overweight late in 2019.

He is set to re-join the main group in coming days and make a push towards playing his first game as a Cat in the Marsh Community Series against Gold Coast on February 22.

Steven is expected to feature predominantly as a forward as he builds his fitness before graduating to greater midfield minutes and offset the Cats' loss of Tim Kelly.

The Cats are dealing with several injuries as captain Joel Selwood (hamstring), gun wingman Mitch Duncan (hip/shoulder) and dual All-Australian Tom Stewart (groin) remain on individual programs.

Defender Jake Kolodjashnij will miss round one following hip surgery, while reliable backman Mark O'Connor has been dealing with a toe complaint.
Second-year Irishman Stefan Okunbor is set to miss the bulk of 2020 after undergoing surgery for his ruptured Achilles on Sunday.

so what would've happened if we said we'd clear him but refused to pay anything towards his Salary?
I'll venture a guess and say we'd still be paying his salary and still getting nothing from him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus Christ, hope Jack is ok.

Anyone know what happened?
Not many details at this stage.

From Mitch Cleary 15min ago - Steven presented himself to a Melbourne hospital last night with a non-life-threatening injury (stab wound to chest). Detectives are investigating the circumstances and hope to speak to him today.

Not many details at this stage.

From Mitch Cleary 15min ago - Steven presented himself to a Melbourne hospital last night with a non-life-threatening injury (stab wound to chest). Detectives are investigating the circumstances and hope to speak to him today.

The fact he presented himself and they're saying non life threatening is reassuring.

He's had a rough couple years Jack, hope he recovers quickly.

They don't seem to be expecting much of him in the Geelong thread.

In the police report they said detectives from the Stonnington Crime Unit were the ones who dealt with the matter. I live in the area of Stonnington, and the suburbs in that profile area are South Yarra, Prahran, Windsor, Toorak, Armadale, Malvern, Kooyong, Glen Iris and Malvern East.

Looks as though Jack was back in Melbourne visiting mates? I hope no Saints are involved in any way. I immediately thought of one of our boys who lives streets from me that's very good mates with Stuv - can only hope he wasn't involved.

In the police report they said detectives from the Stonnington Crime Unit were the ones who dealt with the matter. I live in the area of Stonnington, and the suburbs in that profile area are South Yarra, Prahran, Windsor, Toorak, Armadale, Malvern, Kooyong, Glen Iris and Malvern East.

Looks as though Jack was back in Melbourne visiting mates? I hope no Saints are involved in any way. I immediately thought of one of our boys who lives streets from me that's very good mates with Stuv - can only hope he wasn't involved.
Not sure why he was here but he was with his girlfriend during the day.

Stabbed in the chest, he’s lucky to be alive. Hoping he makes a full recovery. Will wait for more details before jumping to conclusions.
Jesus hope he is ok
Been rough couple of years for him
Needs to get things back on track

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Thanks Stuv

Remove this Banner Ad

Back