Thats it I've already admitted defeat

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are first the ball and not chasing tail all day, we will be ok. There are three umps out there.

To be honest... even if by some miracle you blokes won in the midfield against 4 AA's and the rising star of '07, our defense is far too superior and will restrict your scoring without issue. + Our forwards can make a mess of any team in the league... ANY, your defense is far from one of the best going around also.

I think the bombers paying $3.45 is a bit generous to be honest.. no chance.

To be honest... even if by some miracle you blokes won in the midfield against 4 AA's and the rising star of '07, our defense is far too superior and will restrict your scoring without issue. + Our forwards can make a mess of any team in the league... ANY, your defense is far from one of the best going around also.

Your defense is looking the most vunrable it has in a long time with the exception of Scarlett and Harley, with Mackie and Egan missing.

I have feeling CJ will play but as a decoy foward (at least that will be his reason for a crap game:p) to take Harley out of the question. Mcphee, Lovett-Murray, Lloyd, Davey, Jetta will really strech you guys not including Hille/Laycock who will be damaging without Ottens there.

Your forwards are badly overrated due to your midfield scoring goals, a best its full of ok players with the exception of Chapman. If you win this game it will be because of midfield dominace and not from either end.

Ray is going to frustrate us so badly i really hope he gets the sack and the microphone taken off him.

I can't believe geelong honestly think they have this in the bag. If they are that big headed after last year and think they are invinsable they are in for a shock this week.

We can win this game it is not beyond our capabilities by a long shot. I have a funny feeling our midfield might be a lot better then every other side in the comp gives us credit for.

Ah, the arrogance that a Premiership brings.

We're massive outsiders here, but we can win if, like the second half of the game against North Melbourne, we can get the game played on our terms.

Ultimately, this can be done in the ruck. David Hille and Jason Laycock took McIntosh, Hale and Petrie to pieces last week, and Mark Blake and Trent West are certainly no better than them. If we can give Watson and co. first feed, delivery to Lloyd will open up beautifully.

Pace is another area we've got over Geelong. If we can open up the play, we'll have them chasing tail. Clean rebounding from Ramanauskas, Nash, Dempsey and Fletcher could do that, and they all stand very important in driving us into attack.

We're relying on a lot of things going right to win this one, but you never know. Geelong's not quite as invincible as people like to think they are.

If the Geelong players go in with the same attitude that you have, then my prediction of the cats failing this year will be proved correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beating Geelong will be a difficult task, but you speak as if Geelong shoot fireballs out their ass. I think it could be the emphatic way you won the Grand Final that leads you down that path, let's put it in perspective that you only beat Collingwood by 5 points the week before. Also take note that barring Sellwood, the Geelong team was essentially the same team that finished outside the 8 the season before.

I think Geelong will be a chance to win the flag again this year but before too long you will hit the ground with an almighty thud. Perhaps sooner than a lot of people think... not suggesting against Essendon, I'm simply stating that the bubble will burst this season IMO!

Your back line is not by any stretch unbeatable, Scarlett is your obvious standout who stops the best forwards week in week out, however, I personally don't rate Harley and I wouldn't call Hunt a "stopper", more a designated kicker. Forward line is so-so, Steve Johnson is the standout, Mooney is ok in a great side, you have the ball winners in the centre than give him so many opportunities! IMO Ablett, Corey, Champman, Bartel, Johnson and Ling are the key reasons you won the premiership.... not your defence or your offence.

More accountability on your midfielders = thud

If the Geelong players go in with the same attitude that you have, then my prediction of the cats failing this year will be proved correct.

Have you seen our team play? their attitudes are fine mate,

unlike your predictions which need a lot of work:eek:

Geelong are not the best in any single part of the game eg, defence midfield forward, but as a whole unit they are the best. Win 2 out of three of those areas and Geelong can be beaten. Nullify midfield, Geelong wont score enough goals.There defence is very vunerable this week.

Umm he meant that if Geelong just turn up and expect to win, they're going to fall on their arses.
He said nothing about Geelong having a big opinion of themselves, just some of their fans.

can you not read?
he said that if geelong go into the game with the attitude that they will win easily and dont have to try because they are so far superior all they have to do is turn up,they will crash because they are too overconfident.

he didnt say that the geelong teams attitude was like that now did he?

can you not read?
he said that if geelong go into the game with the attitude that they will win easily and dont have to try because they are so far superior all they have to do is turn up,they will crash because they are too overconfident.

he didnt say that the geelong teams attitude was like that now did he?

Fair enough, but he also predicted that we'd fail this year and there's
no basis for that considering we've won 20 out of our last 21 games
with basically the same team.

Crap prediction and I'll be happy to prove him wrong:thumbsdown:

just try and run with us all day. im looking forward to seeing it. 4 AA's was generous (nine was laughable) and you know it as well as any of us

Fair enough, but he also predicted that we'd fail this year and there's
no basis for that considering we've won 20 out of our last 21 games
with basically the same team.

Crap prediction and I'll be happy to prove him wrong:thumbsdown:

YOU won't be proving him wrong but possibly your team will.

Geelong are not the best in any single part of the game eg, defence midfield forward, but as a whole unit they are the best. Win 2 out of three of those areas and Geelong can be beaten. Nullify midfield, Geelong wont score enough goals.There defence is very vunerable this week.

Our defence isn't as weak as you would like to believe, trust me. Mackie is a blow, but certainly not crippling. Hunt has really stepped up as of late, and we still have Scarlett, Harley, Wojo, Enright and Harry Taylor who has been in ripe form. Not to mention some midfielders dropping back to lend a hand.

Certainly anything could happen this game, and im confident we will win, but I don't think we will steam roll Essendon. Id like to see it happen though. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats it I've already admitted defeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back