The 2007 AFL All Australian Team (merged from dozens of threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: A A next best 22 name a team to beat the all australian side

B: C Bolton, Harris, H Shaw
HB: Lockyer, S Fisher, Adcock
C: P Burgoyne, Mitchell, Hodge
HF: Lucas, Riewoldt, Foley
FF: Ebert, Franklin, C Jones
R: Mcintosh, Kirk, Foley
I/C: S.West, Malceski, Richardson, Ottens

Let me know if Ive missed anyone?

Glass is the best defender by a country mile in the AFL... There's more...

Re: Geelong's 9 AA players is their GF win

Weren't Fremantle a shoe in this year, only to finish 10th or something. Save your laughter for when someone at your club actually works out what the **** they are doing

Whoa mate! I was simply saying the selectors would look stupid, after all, 9/22 is a bit over the top. You would surely see the funny side.

I wont be laughing when my "club actually works out what the **** they are doing", I will be cheering.

Settle down buddy - I meant no disrespect.

Re: Dustin Fletcher?

I honestly struggle to work out what all the whining and moaning is about when it comes to Dustin Fletcher.

The guy started playing in the AFL and was marking the best forwards (and beating them) when he was no more than a schoolboy, and has had a brilliant career ever since.

(Actually, the only surprise to me when it comes to AA selection and Fletcher is that he's apparently only been in there twice in 15 years. Was absolutely staggered when I heard that. Unbelievable.)

Strip away all the bias coming from opposition supporters, and he's clearly been one of the finest and most consistent defenders of the last two decades. If not the finest and most consistent.

He had another very good season, and it's a good selection - albeit that they ranked at least six other defenders ahead of him. It's one of the few selections they got right imo.

Re: 9 players in one All Australian Team...

Anything that swells Geelong's head even more is fine by me.

But in any case, the AA team is obviously picked with publicity and sensation in mind. How else do you explain the Cornes' being on the wings, just so there can be news footage and still pictures of them up on the same podium. :rolleyes:

B: Adcock, Rutten, H. Shaw
HB: Malceski, C. Bolton, Lockyer
C: Mitchell, Foley, Hodge
HF: Riewoldt, Lucas, S. Burgoyne
F: Hird, Lloyd, Franklin
R: McIntosh, R. Harvey, P. Burgoyne
Int: Watson, Goodes, S. Black, Judd

If they were all fit, would give the actual team a run for its money - though on season's performance Judd, Goodes, S Burgoyne, possibly Harvey and most certainly Watson don't deserve selection. Judd, Goodes and Harvey all played half a very very good season and not sure where you plucked Watson's name from.

Suspect the defence might be found wanting - four players who are essentially creative rebounders might be at least one too many.

And there was one bloke named in the actual AA squad who will probably win his club's best and fairest, laid more tackles than any other player, was second in clearances and in almost every game he played kept a very dangerous opponent quieter than normal while still averaging around 24 possessions himself. Would probably get a gig ahead of some of those you've named.

This club idolises the individual more than most (on a par with St Kilda) there will be a lot of swollen heads down Geelong tonight. This couldnt come at a better time for Collingwood. Champion team v a team of 'champions'.

there is definitely a point to prove in all of this. No AA selections v a team of swollen egos.

I would have thought a champion team made up of champion players (which is what Geelong are) would be better off than a champion team without champion players (like you suggest Collingwood is)

Hope you understand this. There's all these emoticons and crazy stuff you can add to your posts, yet there's no button to convert English to Collingwood English.

As for saying the club idolises the individual...pot.kettle.black...ever heard of Nathan Buckley? From what I see & hear, he IS Collingwood according to a lot of Pies fans...oh but he's not a champion right, because your team doesn't have champions do they? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: 9 Geelong Players in All-Oz

Geelong's going to look very silly if they don't pull of the flag this year ... extra pressure? :D

Oh I think the Tassie Dawks have the 2007 sillyness award wrapped up.Losing to a team that lost by 106pts six days earlier is just so silly .... but not unexpected from the Tassie Dawks.

B: C Bolton, Harris, H Shaw
HB: Lockyer, S Fisher, Adcock
C: P Burgoyne, Mitchell, Hodge
HF: Lucas, Riewoldt, Foley
FF: Ebert, Franklin, C Jones
R: Mcintosh, Kirk, Foley
I/C: S.West, Malceski, Richardson, Ottens

Let me know if Ive missed anyone?
Nigel Lappin ahead of West.

Re: The Official Hurray For Cam Mooney Thread

Buddy's a good player but he's not All Australian. Look in Tuesday's newspaper if you don't believe me.

Re: Dustin Fletcher?

And I keep waiting for somebody to tell who the hell that was who played on Lockett, Ablett, Kernahan, Dunstal, Richo, Longmire, Neitz, Rocca, Lynch, Tredrea & every other FF of the last 15 years. If it wasn't Fletcher then who the hell was it?:rolleyes:

He doesn't get an AA guernsey because he played well in the past; it is based on this season.

His selection is nonsense.

Re: AA team A JOKE!

I actually think the team was pretty good. Yeah, 9 geelong players made it. But they all deserve to be there. Sure Steve Johnson only played 17 games, but he hahd the most scoring assists for the year and still kicked plenty of goals. Mooney was the best FF of the year. No doubting it. He was the focal point of a very potent attack. He kicked 55 goals and had heaps of assists too.

Re: Traditional "[Player] was robbed!!" thread

James Clement.

He's stilled owed a place after the Joel Bowden farce last year.

I would have thought a champion team made up of champion players (which is what Geelong are) would be better off than a champion team without champion players (like you suggest Collingwood is)

Hope you understand this. There's all these emoticons and crazy stuff you can add to your posts, yet there's no button to convert English to Collingwood English.

As for saying the club idolises the individual...pot.kettle.black...ever heard of Nathan Buckley? From what I see & hear, he IS Collingwood according to a lot of Pies fans...oh but he's not a champion right, because your team doesn't have champions do they? :rolleyes:

no, we are just a bunch of plodders.

If you are such a champion team of champion players, how did you only beat a team of plodders by only 16 points?

In fact how did this champion team of champions get beaten by 100 points last year by a team of plodders? Or is it that this champion team of champions were having a petulant display of insolence against their coach at the time because he wanted them to be accountable? And if this is the case, is your champion team of champions really working for each other when the going gets tough?

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2007 AFL All Australian Team (merged from dozens of threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back