The 2007 AFL All Australian Team (merged from dozens of threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The players left out of the all australian team

B: Jed Adcock Craig Bolton Sam Fisher

HB: Roger Hayden Scott Lucas Nick Malceski

C: Dal Santo Luke Hodge Nigel Lappin

HF: Lance Franklin Nick Reiwoldt Corey Jones

F: Nathan Foley Matthew Richardson Brett Ebert

R: McIntosh, Kirk, Mitchell

Not a bad second unit is it?

Out: Hayden
In: Pratt

Int: JW Smith, Goodes, Lucas, J Selwood

And to keep the Pies fans happy...

Emerg: H Shaw, T Cloke , S Pendlebury;)

Re: Geelong's 9 AA players is their GF win

I'm saying that Geelong have always idolised their champs over collective success. The 89 GF loss being a prime example where the Geelong paper proclaimed its pride at their team in losing. Rather than saying that they know they need to improve.
Hilarious post. When the Pies lose on Friday night by an honourable margin, you'll no doubt be spruiking that fact (haha, the team of champions only beat us by 16 points). Settling for mediocrity. watch him bring st kilda into this

Hilarious post. When the Pies lose on Friday night by an honourable margin, you'll no doubt be spruiking that fact (haha, the team of champions only beat us by 16 points).
no such thing as an honourable loss, but surely a champion team of champions could do better than 16 points over a team of plodders

no, we are just a bunch of plodders.

If you are such a champion team of champion players, how did you only beat a team of plodders by only 16 points?

In fact how did this champion team of champions get beaten by 100 points last year by a team of plodders? Or is it that this champion team of champions were having a petulant display of insolence against their coach at the time because he wanted them to be accountable? And if this is the case, is your champion team of champions really working for each other when the going gets tough?

Firstly, never said you were plodders, far from it, so don't convolute my words.

You're the one carrying on about your mob being a champion team of blue collar hard workers.

As for last year, that's in the past, we weren't a champion team then (but had the champion players), we are a champion team now though, with champion players as well. Things can change a hell of a lot in 12 months, as evidenced by tonights selections and your sour grapes opening post.

Re: AA team A JOKE!

I actually think the team was pretty good. Yeah, 9 geelong players made it. But they all deserve to be there. Sure Steve Johnson only played 17 games, but he hahd the most scoring assists for the year and still kicked plenty of goals. Mooney was the best FF of the year. No doubting it. He was the focal point of a very potent attack. He kicked 55 goals and had heaps of assists too.

Are you a clown? I am sorry no where near best FF for starters he played one of those CHF/FF roles with Nath Ablett and Tommahawk playing the same role to less effect. But as you said was the focal point as such had a lot of ball directed to him for his 55 odd goals and is a far more blue collar player Franklin >>>>>>> Mooney everyday of the week. The experts heard people saying "Mooney is the most important player at Geelong" and though well we can't leave him out then can we the side is a Joke.

P.S two players playing a similar role far better then the Cam Are Matther Pavlich and Johnno Brown.

Re: The players left out of the all australian team

Hayden earn't his spot.

We consistently have been killed in the middle all season, he was one of our main drive's forward.

Though obviously a lack of media exposure isn't helping his cause.

Re: The 2007 AFL All Australian Team

I cannot believe that Lance "Buddy" Franklin wasnt chosen, what a bloody disgrace. And There would have definately been a spot there for Mcintosh, watch him destroy Lade this weekend, Carnnnnnnn the Kangas!!!

Re: A A next best 22 name a team to beat the all australian side

C Brown Glass Scarlett
McLeod Egan Adcock
Hodge Bartel S Thompson
Reiwoldt Pavlich B Harvey
S Johnson Brown B Johnson

Cox, C Cornes, G Ablett

McIntosh, K Cornes, Milburn, Buddy

Unlucky: Kerr, Foley

The team is a joke

FB: M Scarlett D Glass D Milburn
HB: A Mcleod M Egan C Brown
C: K Cornes J Bartel C Cornes
HF: S Johnson J Brown B Harvey
FF: B Johnson M Pavlich C Mooney
Ruck: D Cox D Kerr G Ablett
IC: B Lade D Fletcher J Corey C Ling

These are three guys who shouldn't be there, also the selection of Fletcher, Milburn and Ling are questionable. Pavlich should be at CHF he isn't a full foward Brown however is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: A A next best 22 name a team to beat the all australian side

C Brown Glass Scarlett
McLeod Egan Adcock
Hodge Bartel S Thompson
Reiwoldt Pavlich B Harvey
S Johnson Brown B Johnson

Cox, C Cornes, G Ablett

McIntosh, K Cornes, Milburn, Buddy

Unlucky: Kerr, Foley
Sorry misread thread, but thats the team that i thought should have happened.

Re: The 2007 AFL All Australian Team

Riewoldt in for Mooney.
Lucas, Franklin or Richardson for SJohnson.
Hodge or Foley for Ling.

The awesome Brisbane outfit never had more than 6 players represented even in their three Premiership years. No reason why Geelong should.

Re: The Official Hurray For Cam Mooney Thread

Would you have honestly rathered Buddys season or Mooneys?

Try not be biased for one second

Mooney, because he wouldnt have kicked 2.11. His finals werent anything special either except for that 2nd half against Adelaide. Mooney is very very consistant.

This club idolises the individual more than most (on a par with St Kilda)

Really ?
Our president wasn't haven't sooky-sooky-la-las in the media recently over the AA squad.Yours was :rolleyes:

It seems the dipwads at the Letsux centre are more interested in individual awards.

Re: Dustin Fletcher?

ITS not fletchers fault if he doesnt get put on the best forward sheedy puts him there.. stop blaming him, a player goes where the coach says...

fletcher can only do well at what he does.... he cant do well at something he doesnt do can he??

he does what he does very very very well somehting that no other defender in my opinion can do.. set up countless forward thrusts..

u say he shouldnt be aa because he doesnt play on FF's how is that his fault

I actually think the team was pretty good. Yeah, 9 geelong players made it. But they all deserve to be there. Sure Steve Johnson only played 17 games, but he hahd the most scoring assists for the year and still kicked plenty of goals. Mooney was the best FF of the year. No doubting it. He was the focal point of a very potent attack. He kicked 55 goals and had heaps of assists too.

finally some sense.

Mooney was lucky but is a lot less selfish than franklin plays for his team, 8 goals isn't much and he was more of a leader and probably more consistent.

Hodge was hard done by but didn't hit his straps until late into the season!

Firstly, never said you were plodders, far from it, so don't convolute my words.

You're the one carrying on about your mob being a champion team of blue collar hard workers.

As for last year, that's in the past, we weren't a champion team then (but had the champion players), we are a champion team now though, with champion players as well. Things can change a hell of a lot in 12 months, as evidenced by tonights selections and your sour grapes opening post.
I reckon you warrant 5 selections and have been the most outstanding team this year, and I rank your team better than the Lions teams of 2001,2 and 3 and better than Essendon 2000. (not as good as those Hawks teams of the 80's tho).

But my whole point is that will the adulation poured by supporters outdo the desire for collective success as has been the want at Geelong before this.

I reckon you warrant 5 selections and have been the most outstanding team this year, and I rank your team better than the Lions teams of 2001,2 and 3 and better than Essendon 2000. (not as good as those Hawks teams of the 80's tho).

But my whole point is that will the adulation poured by supporters outdo the desire for collective success as has been the want at Geelong before this.

I strongly doubt it, theres no greater prize than winning an AFL flag, I doubt tonights selections will quell any desire at all. Id certainly hope it wouldn't anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2007 AFL All Australian Team (merged from dozens of threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back