The 2010 Winty Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't let February's results, or lack thereof, prevent you for putting in a nomination for March. :)

Incidentally, we only have 2/8 sets of votes so far for February, after only managing 6/8 sets of votes in January. There are people on the panel who are in danger of being replaced if this keeps up. Fair warning.

In that case, here is my March nomination:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17024677&postcount=3

He still keeps going when it was pointed out the qualifying final replay.

I nominate Bazzar in this thread:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680109

How soft is Cloke. No vision so he cries and dobs in a little bloke in Kingy. Hope we smash em in every way we play them next :thumbsdown:

I admire the way he's evoked the pathos of poor little Kingy, and his ill-founded wish is both pathetic and funny at the same time. :thumbsu:

How soft is Cloke. No vision so he cries and dobs in a little bloke in Kingy. Hope we smash em in every way we play them next :thumbsdown:

I admire the way he's evoked the pathos of poor little Kingy, and his ill-founded wish is both pathetic and funny at the same time. :thumbsu:

I think we have a Winner Here

Iam really enjoying participating in that thread. I can feel a card coming my way.

I've been trying to get in amongst the fun for bloody ages but have some issue with BF. Keeps popping up a "you don't have a require security token" message all the ****en time......:mad::mad::mad:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

snag good choice.. we should give the entire Richmond board a winty..lol... richmond supporters are, along with carlton, by the far the most annoying (and way ahead of carlton for their feralness)... lol at jake king..

conodie, i thnink ur probably right about a card on the horizon.. be careful mate these people (if we can label them that) like to sniper..

Anybody attend the Richmond .vs. Collingwood game the other day?? I did. I watched a typical practice match where the highlight was no doubt a light scrap between Cloke and King. Jordie McMahon showing his first signs of spirit in League football by dominating the outskirts of the scuffle was uplifting for Tigers supporters too. The issue missed by most was the acting by Cloke.

Young Travis staged for a free kick after pushing King's face into the ground, by pointing at his unscathed, blank melon. King didn't throw one punch of substantial penetration, and definately didn't do any damage to any Collingwood players empty head.

Some highlights of the game were shown later that night on the news and Sports Tonight, but somehow every camera missed the strike that will see Kingy miss the next couple games. Instead of inforcing a staging penalty on the guilty party, they took the word of a boy with a comical record, on, and off, the field. I implor all supporters to let Cloke know about his cowardly approach to escaping a staging penalty. I also hope that he cops his fair allocation of off-camera brutality from players still trying to keep the game pure.

Poor effort in acting as a witness to a crime that never happened Travis. Karma karma karma.

This little ditty from SASQUATCH09, A Melbourne supporter certainly warrants nomination. The photo posted soon after with Kings fist in Clokey's face really highlights the fact that this is Winty quality material.

snag good choice.. we should give the entire Richmond board a winty..lol... richmond supporters are, along with carlton, by the far the most annoying (and way ahead of carlton for their feralness)... lol at jake king..

conodie, i thnink ur probably right about a card on the horizon.. be careful mate these people (if we can label them that) like to sniper..

Somehow, I survived. Even had one of them acknowledge my reply. The world works in mysterious ways.

This little ditty from SASQUATCH09, A Melbourne supporter certainly warrants nomination. The photo posted soon after with Kings fist in Clokey's face really highlights the fact that this is Winty quality material.
I'd vote! That certainly is hideously wrong and embarassing.

I've been trying to get in amongst the fun for bloody ages but have some issue with BF. Keeps popping up a "you don't have a require security token" message all the ****en time......:mad::mad::mad:

Lollifications. Found your security token yet?

Good suggestion. They have outdone themselves. Can it be done TRS?

That was a gem, AKA. Interesting inflated style, original use of commas and some orthographic novelties. Special mention for the following phrases:

dominating the outskirts of the scuffle
punch of substantial penetration

Someone needs to tell him to kill his darlings.:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No "entire board" nominations, Snag. We have to maintain the integrity of the Winty. :p

Speaking of which, we only have 2/8 votes for this month. Didaka, King Woodie and Opti didn't submit for January either. If you are unable to commit to putting votes in once a month, please let me know and I'll find a replacement for you on the panel. If you don't let me know, and you don't put votes in, I'll replace you anyway. ;)

Lollifications. Found your security token yet?

That was a gem, AKA. Interesting inflated style, original use of commas and some orthographic novelties. Special mention for the following phrases:

dominating the outskirts of the scuffle
punch of substantial penetration

Someone needs to tell him to kill his darlings.:p

Been listening to ABC Snag?...lol

An announcement of the Winty winner for February is long overdue; let it be known that Kreuze Missile is the standout candidate with this extraordinary effort.

I'll make a further announcement re: changes to the judging panel (after an appalling response last month), before the end of the month of March.

Can we nominate players?

Marc Murphy was giving a tour of their training facilities and points to the trophy cabinet and says "16 premiership cups; there'll be a few more to add in a couple of years."

You have no chance mate!:D

Did he build a time machine to go back and nominate as father/son to Brisbane???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back