The 2012 Summer Transfer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they will unless they sort the centre of midfield out. IMO they got somewhat lucky with Carrick playing the season of his Man United career + Scholes coming back mid season. Dont think you can rely on Carrick playing like that year in year out or Scholes stepping up to the plate once again for a full season this time (incl Champs League).

Not even close. His second season at United was far better.

Not sure their squad now is any better than the City one that finished 5th. They may have won a title two years ago but of the 98 goals scored in that campaign, 54 came from players no longer at the club and 27 came from Lampard, Terry, Essien who are on their last legs as top level footballers. Champions League last year means nothing in the context of next seasons league.

Anything may happen in football, but I'd be amazed if they came close to the title.
You do realise that Chelsea are only bringing in 2 new players (so far) who will actually get a regular start?

I consider a Utd fall going from 2nd to 3rd.

Who is finishing 2nd then?

Getting Vidic back and De Gea having a year under his belt already marks a potentially big improvement. Smalling back, potentially Fletcher too, the natural development of Welbeck and Jones and the addition of Kagawa, notwithstanding the unknown of having Cleverley fit again.

I don't think any team outside the top two has improved significantly more.

Who is finishing 2nd then?

Getting Vidic back and De Gea having a year under his belt already marks a potentially big improvement. Smalling back, potentially Fletcher too, the natural development of Welbeck and Jones and the addition of Kagawa, notwithstanding the unknown of having Cleverley fit again.

I don't think any team outside the top two has improved significantly more.

I never said we would, I just expect Chelsea to become a real challenger. Arsenal will be interesting. City will be hard to beat.

Should be a good season.

Arsenal are a real joker in the deck. Have gotten on the frot foot with signings this summer for the first time in god knows how long. A DM, CB and LB of some quality and they could give the Manchester clubs a nudge.

You do realise that Chelsea are only bringing in 2 new players (so far) who will actually get a regular start?

If we're only counting the two that have actually signed then that's a different story. Squad not good enough for top two IMO.

Cheese do need to overhaul the squad to get back into title contention IMO. They are well on the way toward doing this, but still have the most difficult part to get tthrough.

It will take time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

psg linked to hulk for a whopping 43 mil, but hulk's said he wants chelsea over psg.

look forward to what psg can do, it's been a while since france had a powerhouse team, which psg are definitely building towards. will be amusing if platini comes out and condemns a french team like he did with city.

will be amusing if platini comes out and condemns a french team like he did with city.

About as likely as Mario going through a season without a hint of controversy.

About as likely as Mario going through a season without a hint of controversy.

35noi6.jpg

Since his hit and hope went in the other day the English press have decided he is the greatest footballer in the world again (weeks after claiming that Arsenal shouldnt be arsed one way or the other about letting him leave). So I'd expect now would be a good time to sell.

Why on Earth would Mertesacker leave?

Apparently Theo is off to Liverpool

No idea, just remember reading somewhere he was thinking of heading back to Germany

For all the crap that gets sprouted, I may well have even read it here :confused:

Too hard to follow

92% of all rumours start here, forfty percent of all people know that.
Serious though regarding Walcott, don't mind either way. Depends on how much. I rate him more as a sub than starting.
Not sure about Gervinho yet either. Maybe one of the 3.4 billion people we are linked to might be better.
Not sure if anyone mentioned it - but apparently Troisi very close to signing for Juventus? Strange if true.
They want to loan him to the club that has Veratti (good on FM) and buy Veratti from them for 2.5m.

Is the most recent speculation about Skrtel to City anything new or is it the same rumours that were around in mid May? Any quotes or solid sources? If not, he dismissed it as 'rubbish' around a month ago:

"Elsewhere, Skrtel emphatically dismissed speculation suggesting he may leave Liverpool this summer and insisted: 'I am happy here.'
Some newspaper reports claimed the defender is considering his future - but Skrtel is adamant he wants to remain at Anfield.
He said: "The only thing I can say is it is not true because I have never said anything like I want to leave the club or handed in a transfer request.
"I have a contract at Liverpool and I am happy here at the club. I haven't thought about leaving the club.
"The things that were in the press are rubbish.""

In any case, I don't think Liverpool can afford to lose him, he was our best and most consistent player in 2011/12 and the partnership he has with Agger and the rest of the back 4 is one of the few positives we can take from last season.

We thought Alonso, Mascherano and Torres were replaceable when we sold them for big money and it's really cost us as we did not immediately replace them with players of equal quality. I don't think it's worth the risk, regardless of whether or not City come with a £20m bid as speculated. It's the one area of our side that is performing consistently well and it would be irresponsible to send out the message that we are happy to sell our best players, we've already seen Torres citing the sale of Alonso as one of the key triggers for him leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back