The 2012 Summer Transfer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Considering GB has me on ignore, tell him the game is not played on paper, but on a football field.

Having said that, Spurs still have a better squad. Be interesting to see who Rodgers brings in. Are you guys linked with anybody?

Also just saw that thing about Ba/Cisse. One of them were linked with Gala last week, can't remember which one though.

Debatable as to whether or not Spurs have a better squad. Also be interesting to see the in's and out's in the summer. We have been linked to a host of players as usual. Gaston Ramirez, Jackson Martinez, Luuk DeJong, Sigurdsson, Diame, Kalou, A.Johnson, Sturridge... list goes on and on and on.

Have to laugh at Newcastle's bid for Debuchy. They're becoming the new West Ham, bidding for players who are out of their league.

Debatable as to whether or not Spurs have a better squad. Also be interesting to see the in's and out's in the summer. We have been linked to a host of players as usual. Gaston Ramirez, Jackson Martinez, Luuk DeJong, Sigurdsson, Diame, Kalou, A.Johnson, Sturridge... list goes on and on and on.

Debatable??? Sorry, but it's clear as daylight that we have a far better squad. Who knows how much your lot will improve over the summer, but you'd have to spend a stack of money to even come close to what Spurs are now.

The mighty Gareth Bale with the fantastic Jermain Defoe up front. I'm sure City are shaking in their boots.

There's nobody genuinely class in the spurs squad. Better than the sum of their parts IMO Van Der Vaart is good, not great, and Modric looks to be on his way out. Not that I've ever quite seen the hype that's been generated around him. There's better midfielders out there.

Hulk wants to move to Chelsea:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...orward-hulk-interested-in-chelsea-bid?cc=3436

I'd easily have them as favourites to win the Premier League if they signed him. Extremely good player from what I've seen and should be playing in a much better league than the one in Portugal.

The mighty Gareth Bale with the fantastic Jermain Defoe up front. I'm sure City are shaking in their boots.

There's nobody genuinely class in the spurs squad. Better than the sum of their parts IMO Van Der Vaart is good, not great, and Modric looks to be on his way out. Not that I've ever quite seen the hype that's been generated around him. There's better midfielders out there.

Lol, new troll on the block. Try harder next time.

Being deadly serious. I can't see what the fuss is about. Without Adebayor they don't look a side with the capabilities of challenging for the title, which according to the majority of pundits back around febuary they were apparently capable of doing. I see them more as a good side on a good run, rather than a side that's particularly strong. The end of their season kind of showed that IMO, were pretty piss poor at best.

And as for Modric, they're getting an absolute steal if they get Sahin and any kind of money for him. Sahin has class and is young. Modric I've never seen put in the kind of performance that makes me think of him as a world class midfielder. Wouldn't get on the team for Madrid, or Barcelona, Bayern is debateable and I certainly wouldn't take him in the side for Dortmund. I'm seriously struggling to see what all the fuss is about.

Being deadly serious. I can't see what the fuss is about. Without Adebayor they don't look a side with the capabilities of challenging for the title, which according to the majority of pundits back around febuary they were apparently capable of doing. I see them more as a good side on a good run, rather than a side that's particularly strong. The end of their season kind of showed that IMO, were pretty piss poor at best.

And as for Modric, they're getting an absolute steal if they get Sahin and any kind of money for him. Sahin has class and is young. Modric I've never seen put in the kind of performance that makes me think of him as a world class midfielder. Wouldn't get on the team for Madrid, or Barcelona, Bayern is debateable and I certainly wouldn't take him in the side for Dortmund. I'm seriously struggling to see what all the fuss is about.

Ok, so you're not a troll, instead, you just don't know much about football and watched a couple of our games during the choke.

Well, you're a team that's now failed to qualify for the champions league twice in a row. That's far from top quality mate! I'd take Arsenals squad over yours, I'd certainly take both the United squads over yours, despite all of united's flaws, and I think I might take the Liverpool squad over yours, though that one could go either way. Take away Adebayors goals and I honestly think you'd have struggled as much as Liverpool did for much of this year. Throw in that you ended up losing your bottle when going for the title and you've got a bunch of players that can't hold their nerve. The fact your manager has left, the fact that a number of your key players are rumoured to be leaving without too much coming back in (with the exception of the ridiculous Sahin deal) and you're looking at a squad that doesn't look close to getting near champions league in coming seasons. Especially if these deals go through, I'd definitely see more promise in the Liverpool side. Bale and Defoe aren't going to strike fear into the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

And before I see the obvious "Arsenal had poor patches too" retort. Having a poor patch after losing your best players from the previous season is almost expected. Going through a poor run is criminal when you're "vying for the title" and your team has been settled for the best part of 7 months. Shouldn't be happening if you've apparently got a world class squad.

Well, you're a team that's now failed to qualify for the champions league twice in a row. That's far from top quality mate! I'd take Arsenals squad over yours, I'd certainly take both the United squads over yours, despite all of united's flaws, and I think I might take the Liverpool squad over yours, though that one could go either way. Take away Adebayors goals and I honestly think you'd have struggled as much as Liverpool did for much of this year. Throw in that you ended up losing your bottle when going for the title and you've got a bunch of players that can't hold their nerve. The fact your manager has left, the fact that a number of your key players are rumoured to be leaving without too much coming back in (with the exception of the ridiculous Sahin deal) and you're looking at a squad that doesn't look close to getting near champions league in coming seasons. Especially if these deals go through, I'd definitely see more promise in the Liverpool side. Bale and Defoe aren't going to strike fear into the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

And before I see the obvious "Arsenal had poor patches too" retort. Having a poor patch after losing your best players from the previous season is almost expected. Going through a poor run is criminal when you're "vying for the title" and your team has been settled for the best part of 7 months. Shouldn't be happening if you've apparently got a world class squad.
stopposting.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good points raised mate. Good post

And as for Modric, they're getting an absolute steal if they get Sahin and any kind of money for him. Sahin has class and is young. Modric I've never seen put in the kind of performance that makes me think of him as a world class midfielder.

You cannot be serious? he has an amazing pass, correct me if i'm wrong but late on in the season he was ranked #1 in successful through balls

Very good post, particularly the bolded part. They would have been mid table without him. And before people slate me saying Arsenal would be in the relegation zone without RvP, I know this, that's the difference.

Do believe Modric is world class or thereabouts though.

BTW with Torres now a full time starter Liverpool will have the most expensive bench in world football

Reina
Johnson Agger Skrtel Enrique
Gerrard Lucas
Suarez Gylfi ???
???

Doni Coates Carragher Adam Henderson Downing Carroll

8 + 6 + 17 + 18 + 35

84 million pound bench if things turn out the way they should. This is why you wont be spending 30 mill+ like most LIverpool fans expect. That matchday squad would be the third most expensive I reckon, even ahead of Man United + Tottenham + Arsenal

Arsenal's squad would be expensive enough if you sold it. It was just acquired in a very Wenger-esque manner

BTW with Torres now a full time starter Liverpool will have the most expensive bench in world football

Reina
Johnson Agger Skrtel Enrique
Gerrard Lucas
Suarez Gylfi ???
???

Doni Coates Carragher Adam Henderson Downing Carroll

8 + 6 + 17 + 18 + 35

84 million pound bench if things turn out the way they should. This is why you wont be spending 30 mill+ like most LIverpool fans expect. That matchday squad would be the third most expensive I reckon, even ahead of Man United + Tottenham + Arsenal

It may be even more expensive than that with the most recent quotes from Aquilani's agent indicating he is likely to return to Liverpool!

Unlike United with Ronaldo, Liverpool were able to take advantage of the huge fee Torres was sold for as thanks to FSG taking control of the club we no longer have a debt to service. As a result this money could be pumped immediately back into the transfer market and well over half the cost of those purchases were funded by the sale of Torres and Babel in January 2011.

Obviously they may not all be successfully purchased, but with bids of 16.5m for Ramirez and 8.5m for Sigurdsson already confirmed by clubs/player agents they have committed to at least 25m worth of transfers so far and thats without taking into account the absolute certainty that they will bring in another striker and in all likelihood a backup to Lucas. I'm not claiming to know for sure how much they're going to spend, but at the same time I don't think it's unrealistic at all to expect them to spend 30m+ with perhaps 2-3 more players following Kuyt out the door. We will need that at the very least if we have any aspirations of getting back into the top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back