List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez I don't know. I liked what DB said a few days ago about 6, future 1st and a player from GWS. But that was always going to be a pipe dream I guess. I reckon their future first will end up being a mid second round pick next year. I liked the ballsy Norf trade today, but I'm a bit meh if we settle for this one. Just my thoughts.

We might not want to trade 3 to GWS. Say we want Kemp, and they want Kemp, then giving them #3 for #6 only lets them take the player they want plus Green. Not sure why you'd wait until draft night if you're GWS - much rather go in knowing what you can do with the first (few) picks instead of crossing your fingers and hoping everyone is nice to you.

Whose soul would we want?

I'd say we're more likely to be divesting souls rather than gathering them. Cameron Ling could use one, the filthy ranga. Mitch Robinson also looks unburdened by a soul or conscience.

We might not want to trade 3 to GWS. Say we want Kemp, and they want Kemp, then giving them #3 for #6 only lets them take the player they want plus Green. Not sure why you'd wait until draft night if you're GWS - much rather go in knowing what you can do with the first (few) picks instead of crossing your fingers and hoping everyone is nice to you.
I reckon that might be spot on. We’ve got a player in mind, and tinkering with that could allow said player to be poached.

so if GWS got pick 3, they could select whoever, then then say a bid came at pick 4 for Green they could match it with their later picks???

If that's the case we should be asking for 6, their 2020 1st and a player (id like Finlayson) for pick 3 otherwise no dice.

Yep. #3 for #6 and 2020 1st might (probably) loses us our top target and gets GWS another top 5 talent. If the 2020 1st ends up at around #14 or #15 before academy picks roll in, hardly seems like a fair trade for us to downgrade our 1st and pick up a so-so pick in return for another gun talent. Might cost GWS a heap of draft points but they won't give a shit as they're only looking for quality, not quantity.

If we dont give a **** what 2 players we get from 3-8 cause we think they will all roughly be the same then no worries do the trade but if we seriously think 1 player is above the other 5 or 6 then keep 3 **** the deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this draft is exactly what we need so getting to that second pick gets us two picks of what is known. Ash, Kemp, Serong, Stephens and Young, pretty much guarantees us players that even out the inside minded players we have.

If we take the player with 8 that I'm hearing we will take I'll be pi**ed off
Nah I like that Jordan Gysberts kid. Looks a likely type.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back