The A, B, C, D, E, F & G of Seasons End…

Remove this Banner Ad

BrizzyBlue

All Australian
May 18, 2006
Too far from the Action
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
G’ Day Troops,
I have used the list of players who should be recontracted/retained at seasons end from my “Traditional End of Season Rebalance” thread and assumed that there will be about 10 spots free for 2007 and beyond. :cool:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244241

I think this could be made up of 1 Trade, 6 Picks in the National Draft, 1 Pick in the Pre-Season Draft and 2 Picks in the Rookie Draft. Maybe with astute trading we could increase our Picks in this supposed Super Draft, but I don’t know what currency we really have and exactly which other clubs will want our players as opposed to the quality of kids available. :confused:

That being said, if we can load up on good kids and maybe an experienced player or two and get 10 newbies to the Blues, we will become very competitive fairly quickly. :)

I think we should be going for an A, B, C, D, E, F & a G. In other words, we should be looking to fill obvious gaps. We want:

An Agile Ruck Rover, a Big Centre Half Back, a Classy Centreman, a Dashing Half Back Flanker, an Exciting Rover, a Flashy Half Forward Flanker and a Giant Ruckman. :)

Now adding these players to the core of quality kids that we already have, gives us a completely different look. Putting aside who may or may not be still on the list over the next couple of years, I have tried to imagine these 7 mythical players in our side and built a team around them. Only for illustrative purposes, I have put them in position and added the others, but it goes without saying that some existing players would be on the ground whilst the newbies probably would be on the pine.

Backs:.....Bentick, Thornton, Hartlett
H/Backs:..Bower, Big CHB, Dashing HBF
Centre:...Simpson, Classy Centre, Walker
H/Fors:....Flashy HFF, Kennedy, Waite
Forw:......Betts, Fevola, Fisher
Ruck:......Giant Ruck, Agile R/R, Exciting R
Int:.........Murphy, Stevens, Aisake, Blackwell
Emerg:.....Carrozzo, Russell, McLaren

Whilst this is a very young side it is pretty exciting none the less. What think you? ;)

On paper I don't think our midfield is that bad! I dont know ..sometimes I look at our team sheet and think we're not that bad!!!

Do you reckon the boys psychological state atm might have something to do with our predicament???

E.g. Even if the pies aren't the super team ,if they read the press they would think they're invincible

Their psychological state plays a big part. I don't think our list is as bad as people think either! The defensive game Pagan has implemented does not suit. Bring back an attacking style of play and then re-assess the players but until then, Pagan's coaching tactics need to remain under the spotlight!

If Murphy is starting on the pine then we'd be flag favourites.

That's a completely new on-ball division, and half back line.... the core components of any team. Try 2009 and this might be somewhere near the mark.

Snoozer said:
If Murphy is starting on the pine then we'd be flag favourites.

That's a completely new on-ball division, and half back line.... the core components of any team. Try 2009 and this might be somewhere near the mark.

Hey Snoozy, I thought that I made it pretty clear. :D

BrizzyBlue said:
Putting aside who may or may not be still on the list over the next couple of years, I have tried to imagine these 7 mythical players in our side and built a team around them. Only for illustrative purposes, I have put them in position and added the others, but it goes without saying that some existing players would be on the ground whilst the newbies probably would be on the pine.

Remove this Banner Ad

The A, B, C, D, E, F & G of Seasons End…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back