Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

When tweeting about the poor quality of commentary during the Boxing Day test and beyond it is very important to include @bbuzzmc in your Tweet.

As many of you may be aware, Brad McNamara (@bbuzzmc) is the Executive Director of cricket at Channel 9. He is the one responsible for how the commentary team sounds.

The stunning thing is that it seems as though he is surprised that people actually don't like the majority of the commentary that Channel 9 produce. He thinks it's all going swell because the ratings are fine (he ignores the fact that they have exclusive rights and people don't have a choice). As well as the fact that the ratings don't reflect the number of people who mute the commentary and listen to ABC radio.

The wheel is slowly turning, and the only way change can happen is to express your displeasure right to the source.

Cheers.

Really?

As I said earlier, whinging about the commentary isn't going to change a thing. Why would it?

People like you annoy me. Healy and Taylor have been there for 14+ years, they aren't going anywhere.

Get over it.

Yep. We all have our favourites, and we all have preferences as to how a commentators should act and what they should say. I don't get this anger towards the 9 team. Sure, Healy can say the odd incredibly silly thing from time to time, but when he talks about wicket keeping, something I know little about, I think it's great to listen and learn.

I think they all bring something to the commentary. No matter who they appoint as a commentator, there will always been a sector out there who will dislike them. As you say, get over it.

Slater talking about Watson's 2013 average - "I like him, he just needs to average more."

You can forgive all the childish squealing when you get such in depth analysis as this.

Anyone keeping tally of JB's mention of "Buck Rogers" ?
I've lost count

Then again it's better than his fascination with James Pattinsons socks

JB with any nicknames. Remember 'The Big Show'....repeated, ad nauseum.

Easily the most biased commentary team in the world. The pro-Australia and anti-India bias today has been staggering, in what has been an even day.

I almost miss Dwayne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Ian Chappel, reckon he is one of the very best. Says what he thinks and isn't biased against any particular team. Not afraid to criticise Australia nor compliment an opponent. Not afraid to criticise a subcontinental player but also willing to give them due credit. Reckon his analysing is great and also enjoy his stories from his cricketing days.

Really enjoy Warnie too. Reckon he is a gonna be a really good commentator. Can tell he is a pupil of Chappel. Mark Nicklaus brings a lot of professionalism to the box. Do enjoy Slats too.

Healy and BRayshaw really annoying. I g uess Brayshaw fits the bill for tWenty20 which is all about theatre...but I prefer listening to the good commentators.

Also saw Ganguly mentioned a bit on here...great commentator if u ask me.

I will continually post this as a reminder to all re: the banality of Slater.

Bill Lawry was honoured by the Cricket Victoria a few years ago for his 50 year involvement with Victorian Cricket at the Lindsay Hasset Club lunch at the MCG. The show was great and featured plenty of tributes and roasting, with the highlight being the late Tony Greig and Bill totally unplugged and calling it as they saw it. The best line/story was this.....

Michael Slater was doing a test gig in the Com Box that unfortunately was deemed successful so that he later joined the team. After his first on air stint he came out of the box and was buzzing like he'd just guzzled a dozen red bulls and was carrying on about how great it was and how long has this been going on etc, etc.

Bill's answer was, "know something about the game for a start you twit!"...........

The room erupted
The only reason I listen to channel 9 commentary is solely because of Bill Lawry

Sent from my Nokia_XL using Tapatalk

Easily the most biased commentary team in the world. The pro-Australia and anti-India bias today has been staggering, in what has been an even day.

I almost miss Dwayne.

Flick it over to the NZ commentary team and they are pretty ******* biased.

McCullum clearly dropped a catch at second slip, only for the boys to come to his defence and state "oh, it dropped short".

In the words of Dyson Heppell. "Yeah, nuh"

An hour of pre match analysis is overkill imo
I've worked out how to deal with that little problem.

I turn the coverage on at 10.30 am.

Works a treat. :)

I've worked out how to deal with that little problem.

I turn the coverage on at 10.30 am.

Works a treat. :)

9ywdx.jpg

Love Ian Chappel, reckon he is one of the very best. Says what he thinks and isn't biased against any particular team. Not afraid to criticise Australia nor compliment an opponent. Not afraid to criticise a subcontinental player but also willing to give them due credit. Reckon his analysing is great and also enjoy his stories from his cricketing days.

Really enjoy Warnie too. Reckon he is a gonna be a really good commentator. Can tell he is a pupil of Chappel. Mark Nicklaus brings a lot of professionalism to the box. Do enjoy Slats too.

Healy and BRayshaw really annoying. I g uess Brayshaw fits the bill for tWenty20 which is all about theatre...but I prefer listening to the good commentators.

Also saw Ganguly mentioned a bit on here...great commentator if u ask me.
Chappel is very informative, but craps on far to often with those ultra long boring stories, that result in only himself laughing at the end of it

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

Back