Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahaha deary me, the amount of sooking and people blowing their tops over some cricket commentary in this thread is amazing.

A lot of you need to get off the couch and take a good hard look at yourselves! I think the commentary team do a fine job and if you have such an enormous problem with it then turn it down a buy a radio for pete's sake.

It's entertaining to read the comments from all the uptight sooks in here but when did Australian's become the biggest whingers in the world???
Well there's your problem right there.

A lot of you need to get off the couch and take a good hard look at yourselves! I think the commentary team do a fine job and if you have such an enormous problem with it then turn it down a buy a radio for pete's sake.

you might want to book yourself in for a hearing test.

Hahaha deary me, the amount of sooking and people blowing their tops over some cricket commentary in this thread is amazing.

It's entertaining to read the comments from all the uptight sooks in here but when did Australian's become the biggest whingers in the world???

Haha must be a ch9 commentator?

i note with interest that you are also a fan of andy maher

Jordie Browne? Is it really you?

I missed the Ian Chappell discussion by a couple of days, but just on that, he's the one commentator in the box that let's the cricket be the focus. He's the only one who pauses mis sentence when a bowl is being balled consistently, and long enough for the full effect (audio and visual) to take place.

Take note Ian Healy.

I can't recall all the commentators in the box, I think it was Healy and Taylor talking about Pujara batting almost a yard outside the crease, and they couldn't work out why. Chappelli to the rescue, "He's batting out there to negate the late swing of Watson". I would have thought it was obvious, but for some reason the other two couldn't work it out. Surprised Taylor didn't get it.

I was equally surprised Haddin didn't keep up to the stumps for a few balls to force Pujara back behind the crease ... maybe that's not a cool tactic in Test crcket 2014 style.

I can't recall all the commentators in the box, I think it was Healy and Taylor talking about Pujara batting almost a yard outside the crease, and they couldn't work out why. Chappelli to the rescue, "He's batting out there to negate the late swing of Watson". I would have thought it was obvious, but for some reason the other two couldn't work it out. Surprised Taylor didn't get it.

I was equally surprised Haddin didn't keep up to the stumps for a few balls to force Pujara back behind the crease ... maybe that's not a cool tactic in Test crcket 2014 style.
I don't think Haddin has ever been an up to the stumps for the medium pacers type of keeper - it's what sorts the wheat from the chaff IMO from a keeping perspective. My favourite stumpings as a keeper were the ones up to the stumps of the mediums, particularly the leg side ones.

Last time I remember an Australian keeper doing it was Wade going up to the stumps for Hilfenhaus on the final day of the Adelaide test a couple of years ago in a bid to prise out du Plessis. Fair to say it caused a bit of meltdown when he put down an edge.

As royboy says, Haddin's never been one to go up for the medium pacers and to be fair in recent times we haven't had any bowlers who you could do it comfortably for. Watson can let them go with a bit of pace when he wants to and throwing in a short one every now and again has proven reasonably successful for him in the past.

Internationally, Dhoni does it for Bhuvneshwar pretty frequently from what I've seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor is definitely better now. Cannot stand Brayshaw. Would love to see Lisa Sthalekar or Mel Jones in the team, as at least they talk about cricket. Great to see Bill Lawry back for Boxing Day test. Doubt if Richie will ever be back unfortunately. Ian Chappell is good value but cannot say the same for Healy, Slater or Warne. Alan Border impressed when commentating on ABC Radio.

Taylor is definitely better now. Cannot stand Brayshaw. Would love to see Lisa Sthalekar or Mel Jones in the team, as at least they talk about cricket. Great to see Bill Lawry back for Boxing Day test. Doubt if Richie will ever be back unfortunately. Ian Chappell is good value but cannot say the same for Healy, Slater or Warne. Alan Border impressed when commentating on ABC Radio.

Lisa Sthalekar put me off when she carried on about Geoff Lawson calling batsmen batsmen, they should be referred to as batters apparently. If she want to call them batters fine, but why shouldn't other people call them batsmen if they want to?

Lisa Sthalekar put me off when she carried on about Geoff Lawson calling batsmen batsmen, they should be referred to as batters apparently. If she want to call them batters fine, but why shouldn't other people call them batsmen if they want to?
Can understand her thinking though....

I don't mind Punter, Gilly is ok but he tends to be a bit nice all the time - which I guess is expected from a recently retired player.

Fleming and Waugh though, they both have a hard time concentrating on the cricket.
Which is really strange for Waugh, who is a current Australian selector....

everyone calls them batters these days - i think clarke really grabbed this and ran with it. boof and others have followed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

Back