Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

Bill's last half hour was the best period of commentary I have heard in a very long time. Just dynamite.

He also brought out the best of Taylor and Warne who are so much better when they aren't distracted by the "class-clowns"- Slater and Healy.

Agreed, was spine tingling. Amazing how revered the old guard are now because they are being compared to the idiots currently in the box. You don't know you have got until it's gone.

watching the tripe that is the cricket show for a few moments today. jb and idiot slater involved. it came to me, the reason why as a collective they all suck. using slater and jb as an example, they are both hosts in other shows. thus they wish to be the top host and talk shit just for the sake of it.

So what do you use when watching womens cricket?

Inb4 nobody watches womens cricket.

Batswoman

Should I start calling men and women by some third unisex thing?

Batters are Glenn Maxwell type players.

Laxman, Martyn etc are batsman.

Clarke has a strange voice

unfair to bag him because of his voice (apologies if you aren't bagging him).

id like him to stay out of the commentary box until his tenure as a cricketer finishes. its a little odd that a player/captain of teh team currently involved in a test series is talking about players/strategies during a game.

anyway, as long as mcnamara is in charge slater and clarke will always get a gig

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geoff Lawson tarding it up on ABC radio right now, absolute bell end.

NSW, NSW, NSW, I'll act like an arrogant tosser to prove I am smart, NSW, NSW, NSW, did I mention I went to University of NSW?, NSW, NSW, make the whole team full of NSW players, NSW, NSW, NSW..

Did I get the gist of it?

I hope Clarke is fit again soon, I am not warming to him as a commentator. Having said that it's not what he says but how he says it which can improve with more experience so may be too soon to judge.
I found it better than expected. He was never going to be negative on any one as he is still playing, but thought some of his technical and tactical comments were not too bad. Big plus for me was him doing the little things like pausing as the bowler came in. Plus some of the other idiocy dropped off when he was around

I found it better than expected. He was never going to be negative on any one as he is still playing, but thought some of his technical and tactical comments were not too bad. Big plus for me was him doing the little things like pausing as the bowler came in. Plus some of the other idiocy dropped off when he was around

Yes, his content is good, just the delivery that grates a bit.

So what do you use when watching womens cricket?

Inb4 nobody watches womens cricket.
Batswoman?

Mens cricket shouldn't have to bend for the womens game in this instance.

There's no reason why it couldn't be batswoman.

I cringed at that too...ah well, he's a decent sort of cricketer though :D

He's a bogan from Western Sydney so it's to be expected. If he goes into commentary after he finishes up as a player it's something he would need to work on, but given his good mate Warney is no better I doubt he will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

Back