Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Izak Rankine is pretty good but it doesn't make Matthew Nicks a good coach...
Please dont bring shit coaches holding back good players in to the mix. :(

Izak Rankine is pretty good but it doesn't make Matthew Nicks a good coach...

That's not really the same thing.. Nicks didn't make Rankine out of thin air.

It's a very little thing but some of that "sample collecting" was hilarious. Sol rips out a piece of moss, presses a button on his little box, and then drops it inside and slides the lid shut. Does the box like analyse and then destroy the moss? Is it storing the moss, if so does it just automatically separate and seal the moss or does every bit of moss and lichen he throw in there get mixed together? Also Torbin having a slightly different sample reader in a cylinder shape with a funnel top, but doing the same thing collecting moss and grass. It just kind of ruins the illusion. If you're going to have technology, it should either actually function with some form of logic, or it should be completely unshown so that you can imagine how it functions. Sol throwing a piece of moss into a box was just funny to me.

I thought he was collecting salad to go with their barbecued Nuna legs.

Was the Wookie using a Jaycar metal detector to find the vergence?

Had they really been on the planet for 7 weeks without telling curly tops Padowan what the F they were doing there?

I thought he was collecting salad to go with their barbecued Nuna legs.

Was the Wookie using a Jaycar metal detector to find the vergence?

Had they really been on the planet for 7 weeks without telling curly tops Padowan what the F they were doing there?
He literally moans about them ****ing around doing nothing important and they tell him about the vergence.

Torbin: "What's a Vergence?"Indara: "A concentration of Force energy, centered around a location."Sol: "A Vergence could create life, like what we see on this planet. It's a power that should be studied, protected. Nothing could be more important to the Jedi."―The Jedi team studying the planet Brendok discuss their mission.

This made no sense to me. It seemed like he tentatively prodded at her, unsure whether she was there or not.

What was she supposed to be doing btw? She'd lost/hidden her physical form but was clearly still in that location?

I’ve watched that again (just that scene only, no way I’m sitting through this entire ridiculous thing again). And I still can’t explain it. Some kind of dark force magic witchery where you can vanish and then reappear?

Never seen that before and Disney have quite the track record now of shit the force can do that I never knew was a thing.

And from nowhere, Sol pulls out his saber to stab that location where she was, why? He was the own asking for caution with Torbin and trying to diffuse the situation. Killing their mother to achieve the objective of taking Osha, wtf?

And I don’t think the episode explained how all of the other witches died. I assume it’s similar to the matrix, if you’re plugged in and are killed or whatever, you die in real life. So whatever Indara did seemed to kill them all? However the archers, who were standing above (and didn’t act by the way whilst Sol was killing and conversing with the mother), what happened with them? No sign of them that I could note in the aftermath.

This was literally me:

542407.gif

I’ve watched that again (just that scene only, no way I’m sitting through this entire ridiculous thing again). And I still can’t explain it. Some kind of dark force magic witchery where you can vanish and then reappear?

Never seen that before and Disney have quite the track record now of shit the force can do that I never knew was a thing.

And from nowhere, Sol pulls out his saber to stab that location where she was, why? He was the own asking for caution with Torbin and trying to diffuse the situation. Killing their mother to achieve the objective of taking Osha, wtf?

And I don’t think the episode explained how all of the other witches died. I assume it’s similar to the matrix, if you’re plugged in and are killed or whatever, you die in real life. So whatever Indara did seemed to kill them all? However the archers, who were standing above (and didn’t act by the way whilst Sol was killing and conversing with the mother), what happened with them? No sign of them that I could note in the aftermath.

This was literally me:

542407.gif

Witches of Dathomir raised a zombie army in Clone Wars, so black smoke is certainly within their capabilities.

This was literally me:

542407.gif

This is how I recall it.

Black Lesbian Witch Leader begins to transform into the dark side essence or whatever it is (the reason for this is not clear).
As she does this, Mae (who Sol assumes is Osha, real close connection you have there Sol) starts to dissolve into this dark side essence too. We don't know what this process was or why it occured.
Sol sees something happening, that is clearly dark / evil, and stabs Old Mate while she is transitioning into this dark side essence, killing her and stopping Mae from being swept away as well.

Then, with respect to the fight with old Horn Bags, the archers all leave when Horn Bags turns into dark side essence, I assume they walk over to the temple and start humming with the others. We get a shot of this before Kelnaca shows up with the characters looking around and everyone is gone. Fight proceeds. Endara (is that her name) casts the witches out of Kelnaca's head and I guess by "defeating their takeover of Kelnaca in his mind through the power of the force".. it like kills those who were doing it?

It's not clear why you die when you lose a dark side mind control battle or, more logically, why does it take 30+ witches to control one Jedi. It doesn't appear to be a very logical battle tactic if you risk all of you dying if you lose, plus risk one of your multiple enemies walking away from the possessed enemy and just slicing through you in real life while you're all sitting there chanting.

I thought the Sol stuff DID make enough sense, but the Horn Bag and Witch Coven death made absolutely no sense.

Witches of Dathomir raised a zombie army in Clone Wars, so black smoke is certainly within their capabilities.

They're Witches but they aren't Nightsisters I don't think.

This is how I recall it.

Black Lesbian Witch Leader begins to transform into the dark side essence or whatever it is (the reason for this is not clear).
As she does this, Mae (who Sol assumes is Osha, real close connection you have there Sol) starts to dissolve into this dark side essence too. We don't know what this process was or why it occured.
Sol sees something happening, that is clearly dark / evil, and stabs Old Mate while she is transitioning into this dark side essence, killing her and stopping Mae from being swept away as well.

Then, with respect to the fight with old Horn Bags, the archers all leave when Horn Bags turns into dark side essence, I assume they walk over to the temple and start humming with the others. We get a shot of this before Kelnaca shows up with the characters looking around and everyone is gone. Fight proceeds. Endara (is that her name) casts the witches out of Kelnaca's head and I guess by "defeating their takeover of Kelnaca in his mind through the power of the force".. it like kills those who were doing it?

It's not clear why you die when you lose a dark side mind control battle or, more logically, why does it take 30+ witches to control one Jedi. It doesn't appear to be a very logical battle tactic if you risk all of you dying if you lose, plus risk one of your multiple enemies walking away from the possessed enemy and just slicing through you in real life while you're all sitting there chanting.

I thought the Sol stuff DID make enough sense, but the Horn Bag and Witch Coven death made absolutely no sense.

I don't know if you do it intentionally but do you realise how bigoted it makes you sound constantly identifying people by their race or sexual orientation?

They're Witches but they aren't Nightsisters I don't think.

I don't know if you do it intentionally but do you realise how bigoted it makes you sound constantly identifying people by their race or sexual orientation?
I was under the impression that peoples' race and sexual orientation is the most important thing in society these days. Something to be celebrated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was under the impression that peoples' race and sexual orientation is the most important thing in society these days. Something to be celebrated.

So it's intentional.

Nightsisters are witches too.

I understand that, I'm saying all Nightsisters are witches not all witches are Nightsisters. I don't believe this group is intended to be Nightsisters.

I'm suggesting that witches can be powerful, regardless of which coven they identify with.

I think we're saying the same thing then? I wasn't disagreeing with your point initially, just clarifying that I don't think they're intended to be Nightsisters.

Probably. We should gang up on that racist flower guy.
Haha, i'm not racist, i'm just responding to what this show wants to highlight, both through its narrative and its marketing in discourse, it want's you to acknowledge and celebrate these things. If you don't... you're missing the point of the show. As Lesly Headland says... this is the gayest Star Wars has ever been and they want you to be happy about how diverse it is. I'm merely acknowledging what they want me to acknowledge.

Haha, i'm not racist, i'm just responding to what this show wants to highlight, both through its narrative and its marketing in discourse, it want's you to acknowledge and celebrate these things. If you don't... you're missing the point of the show.

Yes, singling out and identifying people by their race and sexual orientation is celebrating them, well done. I don't think we're the ones missing the point.

Haha, i'm not racist, i'm just responding to what this show wants to highlight, both through its narrative and its marketing in discourse, it want's you to acknowledge and celebrate these things. If you don't... you're missing the point of the show.

Star Wars has celebrated diversity since 1977

1720679413753.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Back