Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the difference between the nightsisters and just a regular witch?

Not a whole lot which is why I didn't get why Patrol was so keen on them being Nightsisters. They're just their own thing.

What's the difference between the nightsisters and just a regular witch?

Headland explains that the Nightsisters are more embroiled politically and strategically on the galactic scale. For example, in TCW they have an interest in the war and continue to provide support for both sides depending on their own goals.

The Brendok coven are much more insular. They aren’t interested in a stake in the higher galactic system. Rather they want to explore the Force, or the Thread, in peace, in their own way without having to align themselves with a specified dogma.

So….do I watch it now?

I watched Ep 1 and didn’t go back such was the disappointment
Why shouldn't you suffer like the rest of us? Watch it.

Why shouldn't you suffer like the rest of us? Watch it.
Mike Myers No GIF

Just doing a quick one here....

Open TA episode one, a 50 minute or so episode, that blends both the Brendock flashback episodes into one. So we see all perspectives in one episode. Like Sol creeping in the trees, cut to close up of the twins, how Mae is force holding the bird in mid flight ready to kill it. And such. Episode ends with Mae falling to her presumed death, and then fade to black....16 years later.....we see who we think is Osha therefore standing listening to the Sith silhouette lighting his saber and saying that stuff about "steel and laser is no match for the jedi". End episode.

Then from there we see who we think is Osha slaying Indorra etc, them capturing her, and all evidence pointing to her being the killer, and the mystery then is her maintaining hwr innocence at the council, and then her getting a force feeling Mae is still alive. Then we have the Jedi going to Brendock episode, where Kanuka is already dead and Qimir is revealed, and we see Mae alive for the first time. No twin swap maybe...or maybe Qimir and Mae are arguing in the forest where she strings him up and says shes had enough, etc, as reasoning for her reversal, and how Osha in the end becomes his apprentice and Mae becomes the misunderstood one etc etc. Then end the season showing how Vernatras backstabbed Qimir (like how TA ep8 may likely conclude).

The linear plot works better than the repeated flashbacks. But if you are going with 50 minute episodes there's only enough material there for 3 or 4 episodes.

Once you get rid of the nonsense such as the prison ship escape, two episodes of a stone fortress setting on fire and exploding, Qimir pretending to be a drunken drug dealer, Qimir taking his clothes off. There's very little left. There's no link between Qimir and the witches. What did Mae's 'ascension' mean? Nothing so far.

I don't think you can fix this by restructuring. The whole narrative that the Jedi are bungling, mass murdering, child abductors is very flawed. This sets up the bogus idea that Mae and Qimir are justified in their retribution.

The linear plot works better than the repeated flashbacks. But if you are going with 50 minute episodes there's only enough material there for 3 or 4 episodes.

Once you get rid of the nonsense such as the prison ship escape, two episodes of a stone fortress setting on fire and exploding, Qimir pretending to be a drunken drug dealer, Qimir taking his clothes off. There's very little left. There's no link between Qimir and the witches. What did Mae's 'ascension' mean? Nothing so far.

I don't think you can fix this by restructuring. The whole narrative that the Jedi are bungling, mass murdering, child abductors is very flawed. This sets up the bogus idea that Mae and Qimir are justified in their retribution.
Just meant episode one is 50 min long, good length for a season/show opener

Just meant episode one is 50 min long, good length for a season/show opener
Yeah I agree with you mate. I think they've shot themselves in the foot by not giving the show time to breathe. If each episode ran for about 50 min of actual screen time (ex Previous Leon and Credits) with 10 to 12 episodes, they would have had a lot more time to explore characters and develop the story. It would have made a much more compelling show and allowed us to get more invested. As it is they are having to race through episodes and dump a whole heap of exposition before moving onto the next scene.

Also, given the number of bad-faith actors out there who were ready to tear this show apart from the moment it was announced, this series really needed to come out all guns blazing. Basic things like poor visual effects, cheap looking sets, and cut corners in post really are a gimme for YouTube grifters. Star Wars should be at the top of its game when it comes to this kind of thing. Its a sad reality that at least 2 shows now have been tarnished by poor VFX and production values, and I'd argue, if a little more care had been taken, these shows would likely have been better embraced by fans and casuals alike. Its staggering that they had almost 4 years of production time, plus a $180 mill budget but the show looks like it was thrown together in the space of a month using old sets and a part-time ILM intern.

I haven't given up on this series though, I've accepted it for what it is. Looking forward to seeing how it all ends but it feels like an incredible missed opportunity to go in a fresh new direction.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't save the season but a much better episode to finish.

The lightsaber changing from blue to red was bloody fantastic.

I don't see why Mae/Osha had to be the same person. Am I correct in saying that was only done to illustrate the power their mother held? If so, makes it all the more stupid that Sol was able to feebly stab her to death.

I dont know what to think, i really liked some parts of this but the Mae/Osha stuff just didnt make sense. Why was Mae okay with being mind wiped? Why did Osha suddenly go straight to Qimir. Lot of holes. Corruption in the Jedi I'm cool with, they absolutely are not the saints they've been made out to be. Lightsaber fights great, Plagueis looked awesome. Bit of a hit and miss series overall.

Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Back