Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What difference does it make when the dance was created in terms of it representing the indigenous culture?

I'm not sure how many different aboriginal groups there are but I'm willing to bet however many they were all extremely different from different parts of the country - dances included.

So maybe he was trying to include all aboriginals? He used one from thousands of years ago and it could exclude many aboriginals living here today. The date the dance was made has nothing to do with what he was trying to achieve.

All this sooking about an imaginary spear, bloody hell. Richo flipped the crowd off once. Plugger tried to kill a couple of old women in sydney. Goddard took aim at a cheer squad once before. Gehrig used to charge at the cheer squad in a not dissimilar fashion.

But nah, it's Goodes pretending to have a spear. That's why it's happening.

Since ever? Do you actually pay attention to anything that he says?

Since his disgraceful appointment of Australian of the Year followed by an as disgraceful speach i have only listened to what he says in the media and what he says through his on field antics.

How dare shane warne have an opinion!

his opinion would be worthy if he wasn't such a drama queen himself.

I think we're forgetting the fact that the mother of the child who started this has accused Goodes of starting it all because he pointed the teen out to security..now, why would a 13 y/o be calling a indigenous man a ape? how the hell would she even know to call Goodes an ape? Two things we can deduce from this, racism is alive & well in Australia, and the mother will certainly never win a prize for parent of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is censoring Goodes? Just a lot of people exercising their freedom of speech. Much like Adam has done.

He should have been advised, that if you step into the political spotlight, which he did with his Australian of the year speach, that most likely 50% of the population will disagree with what you say.

Wow does he really deserve that?

“It means treating people the way you want to be treated, whether that’s your manners, the way you talk to people, whether they are your loved ones or the person serving your dinner.

Goodes on why tackling racism is good for all of us:

“It’s about how you choose to give back and make a difference to those around you, your community or your country that goes outside of just yourself.”

Is he being booed for common sense ? Or are people afraid he is more than a dumb footballer? Or are people plainly ingrained with being an elitist royal bloodline etc and therefore racist

Amazing that this thread is up to 350 pages yet when Wayne Carry smashes his girlfriend in the face with a wine glass into his girlfriends face no one really bats an eyelid that he's a prolific commentator not long afterwards.

Or when Andrew Lovett has his mrs at knife point? Or when Jeff Farmer punches his wife out?

And you boo every other sniping, dirty player you see on the field regardless of the team they play for? Or is your booing based on his record with the MRP. Will Goodes' current mental welfare factor in your decision to boo him next time you are watching him? (you may have answered this already but i cant keep up with this explosive thread)

I listed players yesterday that I routinely boo to the same standard I have set for Goodes. Yes I have said I will still boo him knowing his "mental state" is in question. I would still boo Mitch Clark as well (as an opposing player, when kicking for goal etc), if you're on the ground you're fair game.

Fyfe is one that I boo regularly because of the AFL favourtism...... however I also know he is damn good and recognise that fact.

The booing thing has gotten out of hand from the beginning, for the record I boo him when he is in play contesting the ball, kicking for goal etc... I wouldn't bother booing him when he runs out on the ground, in a player huddle etc. If he does happen to do the lap of honour at the grand final this year, I would not boo him.... however I would not cheer either.

Exactly. It wouldn't have been a good look if he did it to Sydney supporters. Why on earth would he do that? It's just a bloody tribal dance and it's not like he is actually throwing deadly spears at Carlton fans?

The implication of him throwing spears is bad enough.

Amazing that this thread is up to 350 pages yet when Wayne Carry smashes his girlfriend in the face with a wine glass into his girlfriends face no one really bats an eyelid that he's a prolific commentator not long afterwards.

It's hard to believe Eddie McGuire's media career barely skipped a beat after his disgraceful racist slur against Goodes.

Who is censoring Goodes? Just a lot of people exercising their freedom of speech. Much like Adam has done.

He should have been advised, that if you step into the political spotlight, which he did with his Australian of the year speach, that most likely 50% of the population will disagree with what you say.
But this is Australia where everyone can have a red hot aussie go at starting a civil rights movement whre compliant aussies think it's a ding dong good idea to be insulted and change their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back