Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shitty history? This country has one of the best histories in the world

Seems though we need to be reminded every year ...yep, every Jan 26th , of just how terrible we all are :rolleyes:

Who has ever advanced on the crowd aggressively doing a war dance?
The war dance was about as aggressive as say Stephen Milne's and many others players old celebrations when they'd get right to opposition supporters and pump their fist towards them.

The boos towards him are more aggressive than his war dance.

Seems though we need to be reminded every year ...yep, every Jan 26th , of just how terrible we all are :rolleyes:

Depends if you believe the racist rhetoric that certain people feed us like our fake australian of the year

Being part of a minority group that has endured a lot of persecution and discrimination throughout history I hate discrimination of any kind. I abhor it. Having said that I don't think that what Adam Goodes has experienced is in the large part racism. Sure there may be a small element. There are dickheads in every crowd. The AFL has 70 indigenous players but only one of them is booed by the opposition crowd. Well Lindsay Thomas is but that is because he constantly plays for free kicks. Some of the most loved AFL players over the last twenty or thirty years have been indigenous players. The Krakouer brothers, Michael Long, Gavin Wanganeen, Maurice and Cyril Rioli, Andrew McLeod, Jeff Farmer. None of them were booed by opposition supporters. The fact is that Adam Goodes, whether it is true or not, comes across as having a FIGJAM attitude that has nothing to do with his race. That doesn't excuse the booing. I don't like it and it shouldn't happen. However I believe in this case that it is not racially oriented. I admire Goodes. He is a champion and great role model for indigenous people. However I believe he is wrong in this case to link the booing to racism and I think rather than help matters Goodes protests may in fact make things worse.

I'd love to know if anyone actually cares about Goodes speaking out on racial issues. I feel people boo because of the on field stuff (diving/dog acts/stirring up crowd with war dances) but the media are driving this angle about the 13 year old girl and the Australian of the Year.

I listen to talk back, read on here and it seems the same. People allways bring up the on field. Call me ignorant and excuse me for not reading 300 odd pages, but I'd be surprised if people are upset about what Adam says off the field. Sure he's a media whore but I doubt many care or have been that upset with his comments to want to boo him.

The media have been relentless with this angle saying the booing started then. Did it really? Goodes was booed for diving against Hawthorn and Robbo called EVERYONE a racist. That's when it started. Throw in the war dance the next week and it's snowballed from there.

It's awful what the end result is for Adam, but I feel it was his own actions that landed him here.

I don't think hawthorn players are booed regularly for their dog acts. Putting aside Mitchell (barely even booed for that matter), other players aren't even recognised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The war dance was about as aggressive as say Stephen Milne's and many others players old celebrations when they'd get right to opposition supporters and pump their fist towards them.

The boos towards him are more aggressive than his war dance.

The war dance was a pointless exercise, why bother doing it when the team was already smashing the crap out of Carlton ?
Why do a war dance that was supposedly from an under 16's camp from 2010..... 2010 we're in 2015 for crying out loud.
It achieved nothing, didn't even get thought provoking discussion from it.

I think he is a flog and a sook because he is a flog and a sook.

BANG!

Who has ever advanced on the crowd aggressively doing a war dance?

That was Goodes at his most pathetic.

40,000 years of history and he picks a fake Maori dance that's 6 years old to show how proud he is of his culture.

Not to mention that it's supposedly a "war dance". The flog is so deluded that he actually thinks he's a warrior.

#sobrave

Just on this thread racism is alive and well...quite sad actually. I am sad to read it..he is vilified for no great reason at all.. the guy is a super talent and I am sure he has entertained the vast majority of us with his silky skills over the past 15 years.

It's sad

It did happen and it is a big deal and if you stop censoring people like Adam Goodes we may be able to have a sensible debate about it.

How many times do you want the country to say sorry?

Its been debated over and over and it doesn't need Adam Racist Goodes to keep re-hashing it because he is a hasbeen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back