Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Look up the meaning of discrimination -it means treating someone in a different way to everyone else. Goodes is booed, nobody else is getting booed -thats discrimination.

I haven't attended a game for years so how can I discriminate him?

So a disable person in a wheelchair is taken up the stairs like everyone else even though there is a lift nearby only to be used for special cases?

I think an element of fairness/unfairness critique comes within the range of the discrimination definition and use to be honest!

By the way others are booed as well including non-indigenous according to posters in this thread

Oh sorry. I didn't realise it was pick and choose week only for you.

If you want to bring up the 'stolen generation' then there are many different experiences (as many as the individuals involved) of what constituted the 'stolen generation'.

Indeed have you looked into the forced adoptions that also occurred at the time with unmarried pregnant white females?

The fact is there is no universal experience template, like you were attempting to do in presenting his experience as the universal experience. But then the 'truth' is not nearly as clear as the 'narrative' presented in a simple two word sentence for emotive marketing purposes.

My point was specific to Goodes and his experience with the Stolen Generation. Goode's and only Goode's. This is not a topic on the stolen generation. Or forced adoptions. If you would like to discuss those topics, please point me in the direction of the relevant thread. Until then, tell me how your points relate to Goode's experience and the way it may have affected him.

Or are you saying that Goodes's mum may not have been a part of the stolen generation?

Go away, you racist clown.

You better hope I don't figure out what your primary account is because I'll permaban that too.

Shit, time to delete the evidence.

On a serious note, posters, don't quote it, just report it. We got 9 at once, which is great (thanks to those posters), but quoting it means we have to clean up the remnants even when the posts are long since gone.

Play on.

It's called history and it's healthy to look at what happened.

Is it healthy though, the way he does it? I think the body of evidence over the past 2 years says its not helped Adam view his country, or the country heal any wrongs. The divisiveness in fact creates a bitterness that has resulted in increased scrutiny on his personal character.

Check mate to Long, McLeod, Winmar, Wirrpunda and co. for the way they've chosen to deal with their causes, and how they've been seen to publicly benefit society for the betterment of their peoples :thumbsu:

Because after the Carlton game some people booed him because he acted like a tool.
Not racist, so your definitive response is actually invalid.
So people think an indigenous wardance he was taught by the U16's indigenous team, which he used in indigenous round, is "acting like a tool"? Good one, pal. Give yourself a facepalm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone, the next time some waste of space posts photos or makes photos like what we saw above...

PLEASE. Please.

Do not quote them.

Just report them and wait for us to ban them. Please don't hide behind the excuse we often get- "I don't like to button mash"- because when ten people quote one of those posts, not only do we have to remove the actual offensive post, we have to also then remove all that quoted the offensive post to remove all trace of the material.

It creates a lot of unnecessary work, and it's also giving the idiots what they want- a reaction.

Yes but that's related to the drug habit opposition supporters have been telling us for years he has had.
Why do the AFL continue to cover up his third strike? He should be suspended.....:D

Yeah, but Franklin is aboriginal. How is booing Franklin not racist but booing Adam is? They're even on the same team.

Flap me the AFL just made this awkward.

I don't boo players unless they do something during that game. Besides Stevie J, Chappy, Watson, Harvey and Buddy, am I a racist (I don't boo Goodes)?
I really don't know anymore!
My 6 year old saw the story in 9 news and asked if he can boo the other team when they run out? I said I wasn't sure, it used to be ok and it still might be ok to boo sometimes and to some players!
I also tell him when he wants to dob in his big sister 'sticks and stones may break his bones but names will never hurt him', get on with it and don't take everything to heart all the time.

Why is it important to know the history of the country? Might give you some perspective, but as for tangible useful information? Its not particularly relevant. Better off studying law, engineering, science, medicine, etc - you can use that shit.
Well for a start you can understand the context when an aboriginal man makes a stand against racism.

That would help this country enormously.

No. He stood up against racism. That's a basic human right for every person the planet.

It's not political ...

Looked more like he publicly humiliated a 13 year old girl. To each their own. There are far better ways he could've handled that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back