FTA-TV The almighty, all conquering Sunday Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Just following up on this...it was mentioned on the Sunday Rub today that the word is Kane may be on Fox Footy next year....
I suspect the new deal will see some deck chairs shuffling, especially considering It's for 7 years, and fox has more slots to fill.

In an ideal world, Ch9 would let Lloyd/Kane do TV commentary on Fox and still do the panel shows on 9 (SFS, FC). Ah well...

The Australian's Media Diary tonight includes a short section on Kane Cornes' media future:
The future of Channel 9 AFL commentator and former Port Adelaide star Kane Cornes’ media career is causing plenty of rumblings within footy circles, with Diary being reliably informed his contract with the station is up at the end of the year.

When Diary contacted Cornes to find out his plans, he fended us off with a “no comment”.

Doesn't Kane also do some weekend slots on the AFL website and write a column for The Age?

Can't see how he can retain those gigs if he's working for Fox.

I don’t know what the show is tbh. Between the same jokes on repeat, the awful nicknames and the bland player interviews I’m surprised it’s survived. I like Barrett in a Footy Classified setting as I do Lloyd. His analysis’s are good but Cornes and Jones can definitely be done without.

Decided to watch this today for first time in like 10 years as i wanted some post match chat on suns pies. What an absolutely pile of horseshit a show it is
Tell us more about how youre a boring campaigner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get ready Chompers

Tony Jones and Nathan Brown got palpable resentment toward each other, such passive aggressive horseshit they throw at each other

Get ready Chompers

not as good as Lou Richards' Kiss of Death GF predictions from The Sun and ended up washing Dermie's car with a cotton ball

Tony Jones and Nathan Brown got palpable resentment toward each other, such passive aggressive horseshit they throw at each other

Nathan is just jealous he didn’t get to do the hosting role of TSFS. When he’s hosted it, it loses that banter and humour aimed at TJ

Watched it for the first time for many months, possibly years, not sure when I saw it last. Won't bother again, it was insufferable. About 10 minutes discussion on football, the rest of it pure dribble as they all talk over the top of each other. For some reason they think they are comedians ... they aren't. That quiz, and the antiquated handball competition was lame. The only decent show worth watching is Footy Furnace on Sunday evenings, at least they talk about the game.

Watched it for the first time for many months, possibly years, not sure when I saw it last. Won't bother again, it was insufferable. About 10 minutes discussion on football, the rest of it pure dribble as they all talk over the top of each other. For some reason they think they are comedians ... they aren't. The only decent show worth watching is Footy Furnace on Sunday evenings, at least they talk about the game.
Stfu and go back to watching Tom Morris you dork the Sunday footy show has always been a light hearted show.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The almighty, all conquering Sunday Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Back