FTA-TV The almighty, all conquering Sunday Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Just following up on this...it was mentioned on the Sunday Rub today that the word is Kane may be on Fox Footy next year....
I suspect the new deal will see some deck chairs shuffling, especially considering It's for 7 years, and fox has more slots to fill.

In an ideal world, Ch9 would let Lloyd/Kane do TV commentary on Fox and still do the panel shows on 9 (SFS, FC). Ah well...

The Australian's Media Diary tonight includes a short section on Kane Cornes' media future:
The future of Channel 9 AFL commentator and former Port Adelaide star Kane Cornes’ media career is causing plenty of rumblings within footy circles, with Diary being reliably informed his contract with the station is up at the end of the year.

When Diary contacted Cornes to find out his plans, he fended us off with a “no comment”.

Doesn't Kane also do some weekend slots on the AFL website and write a column for The Age?

Can't see how he can retain those gigs if he's working for Fox.

I don’t know what the show is tbh. Between the same jokes on repeat, the awful nicknames and the bland player interviews I’m surprised it’s survived. I like Barrett in a Footy Classified setting as I do Lloyd. His analysis’s are good but Cornes and Jones can definitely be done without.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back