The Amazing Race - Series 9 Ch.7 Thursdays @ 9:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Drummond said:
Just finished watching the latest episode, which was one of the best in the history of the show. That was the tightest finish I can remember, 3 teams all within metres of each other.

My favourite team MOJO did an awesome job to get to third place after being yielded by the stupid Hippies who my hatred grows for every week. That’s twice now that they’ve finished last on non elimination weeks, how lucky can you get? And I’m sick of them being angry with MOJO for not giving them money last week; give me one good reason why they should? It’s a race, you finished last, and the other contestants shouldn’t have to bail you out.

Ran and Yolanda continue to hang around, can't believe they finished first. He can barely speak English and she just picks on him about every minute thing. Hopefully their constant bickering will cause them to falter.

Good job by the Frat boys, loved their work in canceling the other teams taxis. Good struff. ;)

Cmon MOJO! :thumbsu:
Bring on the next stage. :D

Just watched the episode. Have to agree with some others here, and and say that the episode last Thursday was one of the most thrilling episodes I have ever seen of the show. Top finish, and it was in Australia. The Frat Boys deserve to win IMO they must have won about 5 legs already, and are consistently up near the top. I wouldnt mind seeing Mojo win though.

I have just watched the last episode. Very entertaining, one of the best episodes yet.

Although I dont really like Mojo and Frat, cancelling the taxis was a great idea, but it backfired pretty quickly on them.

I was suprised the river challenge would take so long, I would of picked that one.

Not sure as to why BJ or Tyler tried to make that dash over the rocks to get to the pit stop. They were running along a narrow pier, with Monica behind with no chance to get ahead. Just lost their head there but I am glad it didnt cost them.

Blue Red and Gold said:
....I was surprised the river challenge would take so long, I would of picked that one......
I was surprised the alternative, the didgeridoos, was so easy. You sort of expect some calculation to have gone into it so they'd both be difficult in some way. Maybe the travelling to the digeridoos was longer. The choices the teams made there really brought MoJo and Ray/Yollanda back into it.
Still one of the odd charms of the show is that it doesn't exhaustively explain all the setups or rationales.

Powerstufff said:
I was surprised the alternative, the didgeridoos, was so easy. You sort of expect some calculation to have gone into it so they'd both be difficult in some way. Maybe the travelling to the digeridoos was longer. The choices the teams made there really brought MoJo and Ray/Yollanda back into it.
Still one of the odd charms of the show is that it doesn't exhaustively explain all the setups or rationales.

Yes! they had too travel another 10km, which you would think give the other teams an advantage since they had to drive on narrow winding roads.
I hope the hippies win, to be able to be mostly upbeat when you are sleep deprived, also being in countries which you do not understand their language & not know where you could be at any given time.
Would love to see MOJO go home next, just cant stand that woman whinging or breaking down crying every five minutes.

Blinger said:
Yes! they had too travel another 10km, which you would think give the other teams an advantage since they had to drive on narrow winding roads.
I hope the hippies win, to be able to be mostly upbeat when you are sleep deprived, also being in countries which you do not understand their language & not know where you could be at any given time.
Would love to see MOJO go home next, just cant stand that woman whinging or breaking down crying every five minutes.
I know what you are saying about Monica but she is just too damn hot!

Blue Red and Gold said:
I know what you are saying about Monica but she is just too damn hot!
Her face isnt as good as I thought it once was. Anyway I have seen through her looks and now regard her as a whinging bitch. Hope they go next week by 1-2 meters :p

Sir_Adrian84 said:
did anyone see tonight's episode
Yep. Talk about a turnaround. MoJo got awful advice about bus schedules from a taxi driver in Thailand and never caught up. They were a long way behind then chose a difficult task and came in last. The hippies having overtaken MoJo managed the last of the two fast forwards and came in first, having started last. MoJo were eliminated. Should be a good last week. Go the hippies!

Amazing episode. Luck was against Mojo this leg and it cost them big time. The fact they missed the bus and got the last one set them back, but they made thier own errors missing the garden, walking all the way to one task and walking back and then dropping all the pots. They were behind the 8 ball and were going to struggle to catch up. Unfortunate it happened to them on that leg but yeah, little mistakes cost them dearly.

Ray and Yolanda- I knew they would be a quiet achiever in this race- they are getting better with each leg. Don't write them off for the final.

Frat Boys- solid and no mistakes- the monkeys were funny. They look good but again, one mistake can cost them the race.

The Hippies- had no competition with the Fast Forward and had luck getting on the flight via Perth. It will be interesting if they worry about the Frats or Ray and Yolanda now that Mojo are gone.

Go the Frat boys........

Bugger. There goes my team in the office sweep! :mad:

Oh well, they (MoJo) had a great run up to this episode, I can't be too unhappy. I now want Ray & Yolanda to win big time. Don't care at all for the Fratboys, and the Hippies just grate on me continually. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

luke2177 said:
Bugger. There goes my team in the office sweep! :mad:

Oh well, they (MoJo) had a great run up to this episode, I can't be too unhappy. I now want Ray & Yolanda to win big time. Don't care at all for the Fratboys, and the Hippies just grate on me continually. :eek:
M

Me too. I had them in my sweep. Bugger.............

I used to like the Hippies but now dislike them. Why Yolanda gave them pants was beyond me. They are racing these guys for $1m!

Bombers_Forever said:
M

Me too. I had them in my sweep. Bugger.............

I used to like the Hippies but now dislike them. Why Yolanda gave them pants was beyond me. They are racing these guys for $1m!
Its not like its gonna advantage them :confused:

What a shame. On your way MoJo. Have a tissue Monica and get over it.

Ray and Yolanda, I predicted from the very 1st episode that they'll come close to winning. No-one gave em a chance either. If the Hippies win it I'll be happy aswell, just cos it :D:D:D:Des the Frat boys and MoJo off even more :p

Bombers_Forever said:
Go the Frat boys........
Oh, you going for them :eek:

How arrogant do they want to be? Continually bagging other sides including the Hippes and Ray and Yolanda.

Cassius_Clay said:
Oh, you going for them :eek:

How arrogant do they want to be? ....
Yes and no. The frat boys are very good and they know it. Very good decision making, pre-planning, fitness etc. Just the right amount of ruthlessness though they also slipped up this time, giving the hippies sandals. They've enough people skills/likeability that I don't mind the arrogance.
I long ago decided it'd be them or the hippies to win and backed the hippies. The hippies whole act is grating a bit now but that's the horse I backed.
I must say Ray and Yolanda have really lifted now. Any team could win.

Powerstufff said:
Yes and no. The frat boys are very good and they know it. Very good decision making, pre-planning, fitness etc. Just the right amount of ruthlessness though they also slipped up this time, giving the hippies sandals. They've enough people skills/likeability that I don't mind the arrogance.
I long ago decided it'd be them or the hippies to win and backed the hippies. The hippies whole act is grating a bit now but that's the horse I backed.
I must say Ray and Yolanda have really lifted now. Any team could win.

Agree- on all counts. Yes the Frats are arrogant but they play to thier strengths.

And the whole "Ttow" thing from the Hippies is just getting annoying now.........

The Hippies were fun early but gradually lost the "fun" part of it and became more obsessed with getting Mojo out of the race

Bombers_Forever said:
became more obsessed with getting Mojo out of the race
As you would if they found out MoJo cancelled their tickets along with the continual cheap comments that MoJo made towards them...

Cassius_Clay said:
As you would if they found out MoJo cancelled their tickets along with the continual cheap comments that MoJo made towards them...

True but Mojo did not cancel thier taxis. It happened both ways but I thought the Hippies would not lower themselves to that level. They also participated with the "Eric is flirting with Monica" thing. They were as bad as each other

Powerstufff said:
Yep. Talk about a turnaround. MoJo got awful advice about bus schedules from a taxi driver in Thailand and never caught up. They were a long way behind then chose a difficult task and came in last. The hippies having overtaken MoJo managed the last of the two fast forwards and came in first, having started last. MoJo were eliminated. Should be a good last week. Go the hippies!

thanks

good bye MOJO, hope the hippies win in the hope that Monica bursts into tears again, that would be priceless. Dont rally care who wins, i like them all know the frats have actually grown on me despite my initial hate towards them

Remove this Banner Ad

The Amazing Race - Series 9 Ch.7 Thursdays @ 9:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Back