Media The Apology

Remove this Banner Ad

good on you DenieD for making it through the season. There is no point staying when you are not having fun and posting in match threads out of duty.

Hope life smiles on you and that you know you will always be welcomed back when and if you are in the mood for it

Also,

Not a shot at Den, but why are so many people letting things get to them? I don't think there is too many in the league that take things overboard or attack people on a personal level anymore and if there is, they don't last long.... Maybe there is stuff I didn't see, but it seems the Old Boys kept it pretty SFA related.

It's the SFA, this sort of stuff is part of the fun, the drama and the theatre.

That’s not the point though. It doesn’t matter what might be said, if it’s getting to someone, it’s no good.

I love you Turbo but when a poster is saying 'I don't find this fun anymore' that is not code for 'keep going'
You Just Dont Get It Austin Powers GIF by reactionseditor

Au revoir Sweet-FA

Jebus DenieD, probably good for you to take a nice break from alla this fake drama and nonsense.

No reason for this place to become an obligation and millstone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE APOLOGY

The definition of an apology is:
1. a regretful acknowledgement of an offence or failure
"we owe you an apology"
2. a very poor or inadequate example of
"we were shown into an apology for a bedroom"

I am doing a media thread that will likely look more like the second one.

This will probably be my final media thread in Sweet-FA so strap in.

Now there has been a large amount of discussion over the past season about my actions at the tail end of season 34 and rightfully so. I was upset and felt I was being ganged up on by more than a dozen or so posters. And it was not just the Old Boys, but a select few others as well. I certainly didn't take it the right way and if I could do things differently I would, but I can't. There were a number of storylines aligning at the end of season 34 that pushed me over the edge (metaphorically) and I understand from the viewpoint of a lot of people that it didn't look pretty.

I have been relentlessly asked by the Old Boys to apologise for my posting during their season 34 awards night, but I'm not going to. Not because I don't feel bad about it (I do), but because they simply don't deserve it. Or I should say a few of them don't deserve it. There are some of the Old Boys who had nothing to do with what occurred and I do apologise to them for being caught in the crossfire at the time. The leaders of the Old Boys however deserve no such apology.

Bonz was the only Old Boy who reached out to me at any point in this past season, so thank you for doing what none of your other teammates even thought of doing. There were also a few others that reached out to me during this time and checked in on me. You know who you are, and thank you for reaching out.

I am sad to say that I will be retiring at the end of this season as my love and care for the league hit zero and hasn't moved at all for most of this season. I'm sure most people understand that I had checked out of the league for this season, purely going through the motions. And that was so I could help the Gumbies through a change of leadership and make sure Falconista and the others had a solid transition period before I left. I'm sure the Gumbies will be fine under the leadership of Falconista who I know will be a great captain for many seasons to come. Thank you to my Gumbies teammates for giving me a place I could call home during my time in the league these past 3 seasons.

I would by lying if I said the Old Boys fiasco didn't play a part in my departure, but it also isn't the only reason for leaving. I won't get into them too much, but the league just isn't for me right now. SFA was a great escape for me during some hard times early on, but now it has flipped and I see myself having to push just to post once in a match thread.

I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same, but from my point of view the league has hit its lowest point in my time here. Posters are being endorsed with memberships to turn up to match threads each week. Will it come to a time where Mobbs Hate and Wosh are the only posters left and they have to get a second mortgage on their houses just to cover the payments of the 100 odd posters in the league? Time will tell.

Anyway that's it from me. I had fun in the league (for most of it anyway). See you on the flip-side.

Ryan Gosling Hello GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Au revoir Sweet-FA

Thank you for all your efforts here DenieD, I’ve had many a laugh over some of your media pieces or involvements in various parts of the SFA. I hope retirement is good for the body now it’s not going to play Qooty every week 🤙🏼 all the best!

GAbfmWLCS2qSBNxJcgHu-njZ3LY=.gif

All the best to you and yours DenieD. You will forever be a two-season Warrior. I shall remember you as the precocious kid we stole from Cadsky a few seasons ago. Or was it Mesc we stole? We stole someone, and boy how we laughed and laughed! Anyhoo, if you hear weird noises in the night then simply make weirder noises to assert dominance. Thank you.

GAbfmWLCS2qSBNxJcgHu-njZ3LY=.gif

All the best to you and yours DenieD. You will forever be a two-season Warrior. I shall remember you as the precocious kid we stole from Cadsky a few seasons ago. Or was it Mesc we stole? We stole someone, and boy how we laughed and laughed! Anyhoo, if you hear weird noises in the night then simply make weirder noises to assert dominance. Thank you.
That was Mesc. But don't worry. I am slowly grooming him to become a Royal.

I'll give him a day or two before I send him a recruitment PM.
If you add the below to your avatar then Den will come running.

Ana-in-Blade-Runner-2049-ana-de-armas-42951512-540-375.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Media The Apology

Remove this Banner Ad

Back